RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] LOL Here's my playing the xylophone

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
During one of our wind ensemble's many recording sessions. This is my favorite song we've done all semester. Maybe even since I've been there, it's pretty awesome.

It's also an incredibly difficult piece, with many odd time signatures, key changes, and hemiola. Many times it sounds like it's in 7/8, when it's actually in 8/8. You can even hear me mess up in this recording, at about 15 seconds in, I'm supposed to play that run with everyone else, but I dropped a mallet LOL.

Anyways, just thought some people might be interested in this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:07:14 AM by irock »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Silverline showed me this before, and I liked it a lot. Who is the composer again? You've told me, and I blanked on the name. It sounds like the style of someone very familiar. i remember discussing Holsinger, but I think you said this was someone else...

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Yay at large-ish (couple of MB+) attachments working FINALLY.

you know I like this ^___^

You should tell whoever records these to use a higher bitrate when they encode the mp3 ;___; Lots of artifacts ><

This is still awesome, I'd feel so proud if I made anything even half as good =) When listening specifically for xylophone playing, some of the stuff does sound pretty complex =0 Good job. I'd have never of noticed any mistakes if you hadn't have pointed them out either =p
bringing sexy back

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I did hear a  xylophone...

... what a  xylophone?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Uh guys, if you notice, HoTS said he dropped the mallet, that's why you didn't 'hear' him mess up. :wink: Lol.

Awesome.

I winced at what I'm assuming is the French Horn part. The 32nd (or was it 64th?) notes sounded ungodly hard.

You did a great job though. It was pretty rocking.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Uh guys, if you notice, HoTS said he dropped the mallet, that's why you didn't 'hear' him mess up. :wink: Lol.

Awesome.

I winced at what I'm assuming is the French Horn part. The 32nd (or was it 64th?) notes sounded ungodly hard.

You did a great job though. It was pretty rocking.

Depends on the tempo, but according to the score, it's 16th notes. The tempo is supposed to be 167. The piece is a Grade 6 LOL.

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure which part you're talking about. At first I thought you meant the rhythm played at the very beginning, and then throughout the song, but the french horns aren't playing that. Then I thought maybe you got the alto  saxophone solo mixed up with a horn, but that's just stupid (but that solo is amazingly difficult), but just to settle everything, it's all fast, and everyone has 16th notes at some point.

Yay at large-ish (couple of MB+) attachments working FINALLY.

you know I like this ^___^

You should tell whoever records these to use a higher bitrate when they encode the mp3 ;___; Lots of artifacts ><

This is still awesome, I'd feel so proud if I made anything even half as good =) When listening specifically for xylophone playing, some of the stuff does sound pretty complex =0 Good job. I'd have never of noticed any mistakes if you hadn't have pointed them out either =p

Yeah, I don't know what the deal was, usually the recordings are a lot better than this, but whatever.

I bought the score to this, and even just looking at it makes me want to quit composing (almost) because I'll never write anything this good.......... maybe.

Although actually the xylophone part is fairly simple - relatively. It's just the weird meters and hemiola that throws you off. The xylophone music itself is rather easy, sans a measure here and there.

Silverline showed me this before, and I liked it a lot. Who is the composer again? You've told me, and I blanked on the name. It sounds like the style of someone very familiar. i remember discussing Holsinger, but I think you said this was someone else...

It's Samuel R. Hazo. The other song I sent Silverline was by Holsinger.
:tinysmile:

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm refering to where they do like a scale going up really fast.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks