RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with my battle system

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Its all me
I have rpg maker xp and I don't like the current battle system (Where your guys dont move). So how would i get it to the FF7 style battle system? (Like where there is a side view of the characters attacking)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Have you searched for side view battle system?

Its all me
uhm all I know is that its in rpg maker 2003

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
for xp, you are going to need a script that will make your battle system into that.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Its all me
aww crap, thats gonna be hard isnt it?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
nope, there is a script somewhere on this forum I think...try looking in the script database, or using the search tool.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9885.msg139535.html#msg139535 Try that
EDIT: You will need side view battle sprites.

Its all me
Thank you so much. I can make sprites somewhat, not too sure if I can animate them well...

Its all me
also one more question, where do I implement the script?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
click F11 in the software, make a new one all the way at the bottom, but above main, and paste it on the right

<3
Rep:
Level 90
click F11 in the software, make a new one all the way at the bottom, but above main, and paste it on the right

Unless the script tells you to post it in a specific spot.

Also, there are add-ons which can enchant your battle system, as long as it is compatible, like the Limit Break system.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 102
Post it right above the script "Main"

Its all me
How do you get it to look like the Limit break system?

Also how would I make battle sprites to fit in RPGMXP?

EDIT: I don't want the soul break system, as cool as it is but I would like the one in this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux8faA4kbD4
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:12:02 PM by Himanshu »

Its all me
anyone please?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
That was made with RM2K3. There is a tutorial on how to make battle sprites/weapons look like that somewhere in this forum, I'll let you know if I find it.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Its all me
Thanks, but isnt there a script for rpgmxp?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Try Ccoa's CBS, I'd tell you where to find it, but I don't know myself. Try searching around some forums, I'll let you know if I find it.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Its all me
hmm, I want it so the bar goes all the way down and then regains itself slowly. Not everytime you get hit.

Is that possible?
I mean im following this topi because i need it too :P
But i dont think it can regain...
Maybe with Common Events...

Healing itself? Simple...

----

1. Create a new common event.
2. Add new event, Page 3, 8 down on the right is Damage Dealing.
3. Select all party members, and put the damage dealt as '-1'
4. Add a wait command for, 5 frames, or whatever you want.
5. Add a loop command, 9th down, 1st page, on the left.

--

Simple? :D