RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do you make another character enter the map?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I want to make an event where the hero is walking, and then another character, that is not yet playable, walks in.
Is this possible?
I'm really sorry if this is obvious, or this has already been said. I've searched and didn't find anything.
I'm using XP.
Thanks.

Rep:
Level 89
Developer
Do you want to make it "movie style" or normally?
<3 phenom
<3 Hypnotic

wait, what do you mean by 'movie' style?

Rep:
Level 89
Developer
Ok, I see you'r new... which of those to you want:

-Player is walking around and the other guy shows up

-The Player walks in determinade way and then the other guy shows up
<3 phenom
<3 Hypnotic

Yeah, sorry I'm a newbie.  Haha

Um...The second one sounds right.

Rep:
Level 90
Well you have an invisible event on the side you want the guy to come in on, then in the main event you set a switch operation (example: Make guy appear) turn on. Then go to your invisible event and then make a new page with the preconditon set to Make guy appear:- ON. then make the sprite the one you want.

Thats as easy as I can explain it.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
any char set can become a character in your party. make your event as the above says with the char set as you characters char set then when it joins your party use the change party command

Rep:
Level 90
No, he means he wants the person to walk in from the map. For example
You got a pathway leading through a forest, he wants the char to appear from the path.

Rep:
Level 91
ok i am sorry i allowed it to go that far without helping but now it's just getting sad he will never understand it the way you say it (and notice he wants the other char to move...)

now, dl this file: http://z11.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=23617
made by me like duh

a bit old but it works, watch the little thing which includes:
switch when a boss die, no worries 1 hit ko, has nothing to do with you but i am too lazy to remove it

then you go to that guy and it will show you a "move event"
which is what you want, in that case a ship will sail out of the screen
you will be moved to a new water map, go to any of the sides to see the same but the ship will go to the dock and you will pop up on the land

now, to understand how it works open it via the editing file  (as you'll open any project) and double click on any event you don't understand i am 100% sure that you will understand the simple event i made and it will help you do any cut scene you want.

(the one thing diffrent from your request and my little ships is that you don't need to change the hero to invisible while the ship is doing whatever the ship is doing)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
Thats an easy way of putting it lol.
I really cant be bothered to give some long explanation.

Oh i figured it out.  Thanks alot, to the both of you.
 8)

Quote from: VampireHSS
Ok, I see you'r new... which of those to you want:

-Player is walking around and the other guy shows up

-The Player walks in determinade way and then the other guy shows up

Your new too  :whoa: