RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
MS DOS games, compatible with XP?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yeah, I tried that. It didn't work. Maybe my sound card is incompatible or something. =/

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
happened with me too. I tried all of them, the game doesnt open, maybe it does with DOSBOX, and there is only 1 sound type which works it, but thats not exactly placing it.
I'll check it out WITH dosbox this time
and yes, it's not exactly bad without sound, thats no problem..

PS- I got it worked
Gilga, open That ins, then choose the MIDI thing, 2nd or 3rd option, and open it WITH dosbox.
It worked for me :) It's better with the sound coming :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 03:38:44 AM by Nightwolf »
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I found this cheat on Gamefaqs:

Mad Eddy's and the Beta Shop
Go to town.
Press and hold, all at the same time: F12, R, N, and Q.
hit 'Cancel' to go back to your house.
When you go back to town, there should be two new shops: Mad Eddy's and the Beta Shop.

Mad Eddy gives you free money, and lets you buy very rare items, among other things.

The Beta Shop lets you select the ending, among other things.

Contributed By: Gravity

DON'T BUY THE UN-DRESS!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Why shouldn't some one buy it? What can possibly go wrong? :V

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
omg... suit yourself.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
1. Gilga sound working?
2. Does it hang the game or something?
 IM PROUD OF MY adopted kinda daughter lawl
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
The Un-Dress... um... It sends a virus through your computer and deletes everything from your hard drive!!

Yeah, that's it.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I have gotta try this out sometime. How big is the file to download?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
imo cheats ruin games. My daughter is like uber at everything, but I'm gonna start over.

[EDIT]: Zypher, it's not very big at all. It's an old school DOS game after all.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:00:52 AM by GilgameshRO »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
The Un-Dress... um... It sends a virus through your computer and deletes everything from your hard drive!!

Yeah, that's it.
I thought it was actually something perverted.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'll probably regret asking this, but what exactly is the "Uncensor Patch"?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
....Uncensor Patch? I haven't encounted anything censored... unless there was some dirtier stuff in the japanese version.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
OMG my daughter is 3 years older than me OMG
Arlen is hot.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I'll probably regret asking this, but what exactly is the "Uncensor Patch"?

In some of the vacationing scenes at the seashore, the daughter is sunbathing nude (lying facedown, so you would only be able to see her bum ;P), but a swimsuit was placed on her in the English version.  Some of the characters (mermaids, fairies, spirits of the lake, etc.) are all portrayed as nude women, but the English version gave them some (minimal) clothing.  My assumtion would be that the uncensor patch would remove all of those censors.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This is silly, my daughter is older than me,  and now, she marries someone i totally dun no!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'll download this and play it.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
yeah, and if sounds not coming, open the ins thing, choose midi and then run with dosbox.
She called me a ...cheapskate!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Actually, I don't need DOSBox at all. I just opened the .exe and it ran. Go figure.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Unless you fulfill a special requirement, she will marry a random knight/wizard.  The other marriage possibilities are:

The Dragon Prince - Found by completing a certain requirement while Adventuring in the Desert.
The Prince - Speaking with the "Young Officer" every January without breaking any promises!
Cube (the butler) - build a high relationship between the daughter and Cube (I guess by having him watch over her when she is ill?)
The Father (You) - Remind yourself that she is not your biological daughter... anyway, this happens if you have a high relationship with her (by going on lots of vacations, effectively scolding, giving her pocket money, and watching over her when she is ill).

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I tried to get her to marry the prince but she ended up marrying the dragon instead.  :(

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Fun stuff. This Uncensor Patch is pretty disturbing though. She's like 10, and she's already got a B cup?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah she earns more money than me in a month, than i do in a year.
AND HER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BUTTLER WAS MORE THAN WITH ME.

damn
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Well, I played my first time through, kind of. I made her do housework constantly, even when she started getting sick. Dead at 11.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
she dies too?
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Was it this one?

TROGDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURNINATING ALL THE PEASANTS, BURNINATING THE COUNTRYSIDE!