RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Idea's on how to slow climate change ?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Actually, the climate changes is in fact the natural condition of Earth
The climate we are living in right now is an alien time for our ancient Earth.
Midway throughout it's life, the Earth will change. It is probably now.
The normal climate for Earth is chaotic and explosive. So, global warming is actually normal

Why do you think Earth suffered a lot of tectonic activities ?
It's Earth's normal climate, for heaven's sake.
We're living throughout a temporary halt of Earth's unforgiving climate.
The climate change and natural disasters is a sign that the Earth is returning to its natural state.

We can't slow it either, I suppose.
Maybe by a pinch.

Oh, and anti matter is an atom, that unlike the atom bomb, splitted; but merged into one with intense hotness
so that you can make power out of it. Fuels all human needs (TV, toilet, transport, entertainment, etc.)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Oh, and anti matter is an atom, that unlike the atom bomb, splitted; but merged into one with intense hotness
so that you can make power out of it. Fuels all human needs (TV, toilet, transport, entertainment, etc.)

Thats nuclear power pal.

Oh and, yes the world IS changing. We are accelerating the process

Rep:
Level 87
It's always darkest before morning
Or perhaps they want to rob us of gas mileage because oil companies might share some of the profit with car manufacturers, I mean, seeing all the alternate energy sources, I can't see any other reason they're not making them more environmentally stable. I mean I'm sure that when two companies can't live without the other, they strike each other a deal, mostly the oil companies need car companies, car companies just want the money. so car companies provide the altar to sacrifice the lamb, while the oil company provides the lamb, done,  unless the oil company decides to switch to providing efficient solar panels, they'll keep pumping until they pump the last drop of oil, the oil company gets screwed over, no deal could be made, car companies switch to alternate mode of energy, most likely pure ethanol, then the farmers across countries become the single richest people, just by providing corn liquor. 

Edit: I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything Leventhan, but I gotta disagree with you on that one, I mean, if it was a natural occurence, wouldn't the temperature of the earth be rising more gradually than it currently is? I mean, if you look at a chart that spans from the late 1800s until now, it appears as if it spiked. the change from then, until now, is our dependency in petroleum products, the change in tectonic plate movements could be due to the void left behind after petroleum extraction, do you know how much is extracted annually? :O
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:04:16 AM by Ciaron »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Ok, lets put it as nicely as possible. If we run out of fossil fuels at this point, the world is screwed over, we will have a third World War, and what comes out of it will not be pretty. So we CAN NOT wait untill then to swap to alternate resources. If we wait too long, they won't be alternate resources any more.

Rep:
Level 87
too true, it's a now or never situation ._.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Thats nuclear power pal.

Oh and, yes the world IS changing. We are accelerating the process
Anti-Matter isn't nuclear. It's made with only hydroge, a.k.a water.

Ok, lets put it as nicely as possible. If we run out of fossil fuels at this point, the world is screwed over, we will have a third World War, and what comes out of it will not be pretty. So we CAN NOT wait untill then to swap to alternate resources. If we wait too long, they won't be alternate resources any more.

There's one called gas hydrate.

Rep:
Level 87
Wouldn't Anti Matter be, well... no type of matter? I mean it's in the name, Anti Matter, and hydrogen is a gas, which is a kind of matter, so...
AH! you guys are referring to nuclear Fusion,  that's the fusion of two hydrogen atoms to form helium. and yes, that does take a considerable amount of heat to do, but not out of reach, our sun undergoes nuclear fusion everyday.
EDIT: Gas Hydrate is solidified Methane that's found deep beneath the oceans. however, it's hard to extract,more than just because of its location.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:35:32 AM by Ciaron »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
Don't any of you read science fiction? Antimatter is matter made with negatively charged protons and positively charged electrons. It is possible to create antimatter versions of every element on the periodic table- antilead, antigold, whatever. When antimatter comes into contact with the regular stuff both anti and anti-anti matter become 100% energy. It'd be great for weapons and power generation, but at the moment it can't be made on an industrial level. In fact,we can barely make any. Some big-name laboratory (Edit: CERN) has been making it for years with a particle accelerator and it would all fit on a pinhead or some ridiculously small item like that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:31:05 AM by Saladin »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Don't any of you read science fiction? Antimatter is matter made with negatively charged protons and positively charged electrons. It is possible to create antimatter versions of every element on the periodic table- antilead, antigold, whatever. When antimatter comes into contact with the regular stuff both anti and anti-anti matter become 100% energy. It'd be great for weapons and power generation, but at the moment it can't be made on an industrial level. In fact,we can barely make any. Some big-name laboratory (Edit: CERN) has been making it for years with a particle accelerator and it would all fit on a pinhead or some ridiculously small item like that.

More or less, to put it simply, anti-matter is free energy. Almost, anyways.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
More or less, to put it simply, anti-matter is free energy. Almost, anyways.

No, it isn't.

Rep:
Level 87
anti matter is void of any matter, it's an atom with its charges inverted, and no it's not free energy, it takes up alot of energy just to make enough anti matter for a pinhead, as stated above, read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, and you'll get the gist of what it is, but anyways, this is getting OFF-TOPIC.  :=:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Rep:
Level 87
Anyways, i think if we put enough sturdy wind farms in tornado Alley, we might be able produce more power than fuel burning Power plants from one tornado alone, that is, if we make the turbines more efficient.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Anyways, i think if we put enough sturdy wind farms in tornado Alley, we might be able produce more power than fuel burning Power plants from one tornado alone, that is, if we make the turbines more efficient.

Sure. All we have to do is build a weather-controlling ray gun that will make tornadoes stay in one spot, year after year.

Rep:
Level 87
thats the point of putting enough wind farms in tornado alley, when you cover most of the playing field with land mines, you can be guaranteed that at least one of the soccer players is gonna blown up.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
thats the point of putting enough wind farms in tornado alley, when you cover most of the playing field with land mines, you can be guaranteed that at least one of the soccer players is gonna blown up.

Tornado Alley is a huge swath of land that goes through the American Midwest. Building hundreds of wind farms for a few hours of energy once or twice during tornado season is silly and wasteful.

Rep:
Level 87

Tornado Alley is a huge swath of land that goes through the American Midwest. Building hundreds of wind farms for a few hours of energy once or twice during tornado season is silly and wasteful.
I didn't say it was feasible now did i?  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
News Flash people Carbon Dioxide  "COOLS" Stuff and does not increase temperatures :(
woah woah woah! where the hell did u get that information!!!  :o :o

that's middle school stuff! Carbon Dioxide is known as a "green house" gas, you know why? you know why? cuz it traps heat in the atmosphere, the more carbon dioxide, the harder it is for heat to escape, Venus, is an example of green house gases gone wrong, it's so thick with carbon dioxide, it traps almost all of the suns rays which heats up the surface to about 700 degrees Celsius or more.
wiki it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_Dioxide
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 07:50:02 PM by Ciaron »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here you go... I have made a You Tube Video so you can make sense of my thinking:-

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 86
is is hot .....in 20 years ...this will be crazy we dnt have to wrry about oil prices....wow
Bleach is bangin

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
God, I hate it when a noob runs through and posts in every topic.

Rep:
Level 87
who me? :O well... even if u weren't referring to me, i do that when i'm bored and out of ideas for the rpg.
but... back on the matter this topic was intended for, engineers need to work on either more fuel efficient cars, or perfect the electric car
 so it could run like any other petro car on the market, but fully run on electricity, this would have a severe impact on climate change, for the better, especially if the Government got off its arse and funded something useful for the future thats actually beneficial Globally; gas cars becoming obsolete.
although most power plants work by petroleum and it's by-products, they pale compared to what's released everyday by cars, if we at least remove one     source of carbon Dioxide, I'm sure there'll be a significant impact on global temperatures, for the best of course.
even if the government may refuse to participate in bettering our world crisis (money is involved of course because it would impact petroleum companies greatly) we ourselves can actually do something if we all put in at least a dollar into an account specifically for research purposes on electrical motors and/or batteries. in the U.S. alone, that would be about  $299,398,484 put into research if everyone provided a dollar once. a freakin dollar, that can't even pay for a liter of soda in florida. I don't think you guys need to do the math here, if 299,398,484 people provided more than a dollar, this number could quadruple, and i'm sure would be a generous amount for research on a better electric motor or battery. K i think that's enough for now :P

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here's what the changes in England are for:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6972759.stm

That £400 per year from the Tax payer could have been spent installing Garbage disposal units like those found in the USA in the sinks, solar panels, Wind machines, Duel boilers... all sorts per home enviroment... But it's not, all its doing is replacing the tax loss for that lost in the new smoking ban !!!

I get so angery being ripped off left right and centre.

Every company and the government are out to cheat the working man.

If climate change is SUCH and issue why does appear the governments are not acting ?...

There have been spme good idea's raised in this topic and some that could work... I wonder why the Government is find such a simple thing so hard to solve.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Sorry to double post, but this is a few days later... I have just found this brilliant video...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/june2007/040607Weather.htm

It shows that the government are controlling the weather... So if we are responciple for Global Warming this could point the fingure back at the heads of state !!

Reading this may scare some people, others may fall asleep... But either way it's kind of odd:- http://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf

And here's a Video I made outside my work place today:-

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:25:08 PM by landofshadows »