RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Should guns be banned?

Poll

Should guns be banned in some places?

Yes
8 (33.3%)
No
16 (66.7%)
I don't have a clue
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Depends on the user of the gun actually. For the military, ofcourse never ban them LOL.
But for the normal usage, some ppl lack work in the thinking organ of the body so they may use it for wrong stuff and all. So yeah.
But it also can help in self protection, so it depends on the gay guy
Arlen is hot.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
In Holand guns are illegal but still people get shot here ( wonder why )
SO make them double banned
its wrong shooting people because he won Football or something or because he/she says something he/she stands for.
Guns for defense should be not allowed because that way you are just allowing people to shoot eachother.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Self defense weapons ARE NOT ALWAYS GUNS.  GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD.  I have yet to hear of a death from a riot gun.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
They should ban guns everywhere.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Why? What effects do you think this may have on society? Hm? How else do you think people may resort to murder and how should governments deal with the arms smuggling market?
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Topic: Should guns be banned?

YES

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, we really need more of a debate in here, or a title change.

Rep:
Level 88
The only thing guns can do is kill people, and frankly, humans as they are right now aren't even remotely intelligent enough to be given something as destructive as a firearm.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
i wouldn't give most a stick

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Elegy and LoS have posited interesting arguments but have answered none of my questions.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Elegy and LoS have posited interesting arguments but have answered none of my questions.

Uhhh, yeah you really missed his point. If you get rid of guns, there will be another thing to take their place. Ever been stabbed..? If you can't get rid of all weapons, which you can't, then there is no need to target specific ones.

Hmmm how about we try doing something about the real problem here, the people misusing the guns? Target the cause, not the how. Just because little Billy was shot to death, doesn't mean the psychopath wouldn't have just simple stabbed him to death if guns weren't available. Guns aren't the problem, so don't blame them.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
Look, take away the only thing defending the law-abiding citizens, and you'll have more deaths than ever. Criminals, believe it or not, they can get their hands on some extreme weapons, so you're telling me, stabbing and beating one up to death, is the solution? Taking away guns won't restrict the people from getting them. Take away guns, you'll have a violent mass revolution on your hands. People everywhere protesting, riots, chaos, well lookie here, you've got a nice skirmish between the government and gun clubs, and anybody who wants to bear an arms for protection, congrats  :police:  >:(

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
If Guns got banned people wouldn't need guns for self deffence... Heck I think all Bullistic missles and bombs should go to... Bring back the days of the Sword !!!

(Sorry Watched 300 last night... It Rocks !!!)

Rep:
Level 88
Uhhh, yeah you really missed his point. If you get rid of guns, there will be another thing to take their place. Ever been stabbed..? If you can't get rid of all weapons, which you can't, then there is no need to target specific ones.

It takes training to use a sword or a bow properly, any monkey can use a gun, you just point it at what you want to die and pull the trigger.

If you were a burglar, would you be more prone to shooting the people you were robbing if they have guns?
Of course you would be, guns are all about harm and no good.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It doesn't matter if guns should be banned or not. Its too late. They've already been invented, and even if the world goes into some magical utopia where no guns are allowed, people will still have them. Also, even if guns hadn't been invented when they were, something almost identical would've been made soon after. Everything is eventual. If it was possible though, my personal opinion on the matter is no, guns should not be banned. If somebody breaks into my house at night, and he is going to kill me or someone I love, I don't want to have to think back to my "ninja sword training" at 4 am. I want to reach for a gun, shoot him in the leg, and call the police.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Good point i mean if you point a gun at someones face most will stop, then again if you have a sword at someones neck they would put the gun down, guns are a problem but with so many out on the streets and how easy they can get them, theres now point arguing because no matter what we do someone will find away round it and then it will spread again.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think Bullets should cost £800 per bullet... That way there wont be no innocent by-standers... There wont be drive bye's...

If you shoot at some one its going to be for more than just calling you a name or some thing daft !!... It's gunna have to be worth £800 a pop.

I don't think Guns should be on sale in Hyper Markets or Public shops, they should be on sale in council or state shops an each person who buys one should have some sort of interview and be ID checked... Each guns Serial number recorded... Every batch of bullets sold should also be coded and logged against your social security number or NI ID.

There should be tight laws around getting a fire arm, so tight that it puts people off... If you have a Gun licence every time its to be renewed I think your fire arm should be inspected to make sure it has not been altered to fire over the legal limit allocated to the guns strength...

Gun law is too relaxed.

They should be banned... But your right, they wont be... So I think they should be super expensive and hard to get hold of, and if you have one without a licence then you should serve time.... Say 2 years.

Rep:
Level 88
It doesn't matter if guns should be banned or not. Its too late. They've already been invented, and even if the world goes into some magical utopia where no guns are allowed, people will still have them. Also, even if guns hadn't been invented when they were, something almost identical would've been made soon after. Everything is eventual. If it was possible though, my personal opinion on the matter is no, guns should not be banned. If somebody breaks into my house at night, and he is going to kill me or someone I love, I don't want to have to think back to my "ninja sword training" at 4 am. I want to reach for a gun, shoot him in the leg, and call the police.

Thats exactly my point, if you have a gun you reach for it, not only do you get robbed, but the burglar gets spooked and kills you.
Also, swordsmanship is alot like playing an instrument, it's muscle memory, so you wouldn't have to think about anything as much as simply react.

Quote from: landofshadows
I think Bullets should cost £800 per bullet... That way there wont be no innocent by-standers... There wont be drive bye's...

If you shoot at some one its going to be for more than just calling you a name or some thing daft !!... It's gunna have to be worth £800 a pop.

I don't think Guns should be on sale in Hyper Markets or Public shops, they should be on sale in council or state shops an each person who buys one should have some sort of interview and be ID checked... Each guns Serial number recorded... Every batch of bullets sold should also be coded and logged against your social security number or NI ID.

There should be tight laws around getting a fire arm, so tight that it puts people off... If you have a Gun licence every time its to be renewed I think your fire arm should be inspected to make sure it has not been altered to fire over the legal limit allocated to the guns strength...

Gun law is too relaxed.

They should be banned... But your right, they wont be... So I think they should be super expensive and hard to get hold of, and if you have one without a licence then you should serve time.... Say 2 years.

Yes, Chris Rock makes a valid point.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Thats exactly my point, if you have a gun you reach for it, not only do you get robbed, but the burglar gets spooked and kills you.
Also, swordsmanship is alot like playing an instrument, it's muscle memory, so you wouldn't have to think about anything as much as simply react.

That's not a very good argument. I'm pretty the dude with the sword would get shot. The robber isn't going to say, "What are you reaching for? Oh, its a sword. I'm not going to shoot you then, I'll just steal your stuff." And what are you supposed to be? Crouching Tiger? This is the 21st century here. Learn how to use a sword before you tell me what its like.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
So that makes it ok to kill someone? If it's with a sword? Death is death.

1. Because high tech weaponry will always be in effect due to military reasons, even with a world wide gun ban, guns will still be produced, and therefore be available to those who want it by illicit means. Armies will always have the most advanced, or suited, weaponries available. If guns are just increased in price, I'm sure the murderers will not mind stealing them.

2. This means that if a full spread gun ban (or price hijacking), the criminals will still have guns and the common people will be left at a high disadvantage.

3. IF there was magically no more guns in the world, you would just be trading a modern tool for an older one. If there where no guns, criminals would simply pick up a knife or sword and learn to use it well, the standard populace will do the same for self defense reasons. You would just be trading one thing for another of the same, general field.

3. In any fight situation, with one holding a gun, the other a sword, I would always choose to be the one holding the gun. If your telling me to learn to use a sword to take on a robber wielding a semi-automatic, you really have no clue or wish of survival.

Rep:
Level 88
That's not a very good argument. I'm pretty the dude with the sword would get shot. The robber isn't going to say, "What are you reaching for? Oh, its a sword. I'm not going to shoot you then, I'll just steal your stuff." And what are you supposed to be? Crouching Tiger? This is the 21st century here. Learn how to use a sword before you tell me what its like.

I'm saying you shouldn't have any weapon.

Quote from: Saucy
So that makes it ok to kill someone? If it's with a sword? Death is death.

Different subjects, I was answering two different questions.
Hence the "Also".

And as far as the rest of your points go, when I become the king of this planet, things are going to change, thats for sure. ;)

Rep:
Level 94
When you become king of the planet, men will all have feathered hair, and wars will be waged through tickle-fight. Sorry, that was spam.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
And as far as the rest of your points go, when I become the king of this planet, things are going to change, thats for sure. Wink

Why? Will becoming King give you enough of a brain to actually dispute my points..?

There is no solution of banning guns in our current stage. High powered weapons are needed, they will be needed for a great time, and banning them now will not help.

My point still stands: Banning guns will only take them out of the hands of the good people.

On topic, no more spam.

Rep:
Level 94
I can't debate seriously with Elegy, for the simple reason that his opinions seem to be fully flexible. You can delete my spam post if you want to, but like I said before. Its too late. Guns exist, end of story.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
800$ doesnt even make a difference. The only difference i see, is the rich getting guns, leaving those with low wages and poor people, in a highly disadvantaged state. Sure we can all go waste our time in Asia and master the arts of sword. Dude, people have lives, why waste their times on swords. I fully support holkeye, we can't ban guns now, we made them, and it's been 200-300 years since we're using them. Also, guns are easily storable, just a lock n a bolt will do, but heh, you dont wanna cut yourself by accident by touching the sharp edge of the sword. Accidents can happen with gun misuse, thats the reason why we need heavy restrictions and limits toward them.