RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] poems i wrote, lemme know what you think

Rep:
Level 83
This first one is a sonnet in iambic pentameter (pre-divorce):

This ethereal person, I declaim,
Is the angel of my interior,
And the Mephistophelian young dame
Who has ensnared my heart behind locked door.
This damsel is quite a phenomenon,
Her yearning hesitant heart ravages my
Soul but, she also is like my bright sun,
Whose shining rays amiss, I would soon die.
How can my beauideal, also the
Destroyer and Restorer of my world,
Change my whole life by just smiling at me?
My eyes are blind to all except this girl.

Truth told, no line of mine is ersatz sound.
Thoughts voiced, I swear my love to her unbound.

This next one is free verse (post-divorce):

Play him a morbid psalmody, a death song,
To pay your debt to nature and end a life of long
Suffering. There is not but to sink into the grave,
No need for a struggle or to be strong or brave.
Release all anguish. No reason not to embrace
Azrael. Run, and kiss this saving angel's face,
This champion of cessation. Show no fear, gather
To your fathers, unwind, release, leave this rather
Lonely plane. Give in, embrace the king of terrors,
Only he can severe your heavy, mortal tethers.

So lemme know what you think of my work.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:46:16 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It's like you looked up a bunch of random big words and tried to put them together to make sense, but it didn't work out right. I can tell because you spelled "ethereal" wrong. Also, your stanzas are awkward and disjointed.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I pretty much agree with Holk. I could hardly even understand anything in the poem. And yeah, you spelled etheral wrong.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
ty for letting me know i misspelled a word. i changed it.
also though...
Insert Quote
It's like you looked up a bunch of random big words and tried to put them together to make sense, but it didn't work out right. I can tell because you spelled "ethereal" wrong. Also, your stanzas are awkward and disjointed.

do the big words scare you holk? or are you just angry because you and i both know that being a super moderator doesn't mean your intelligent...it just makes people think you are...?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I locked this thread, as I can hear the opinionless bandwagon on their way.

@thechromeninja - I apologize for severing any additional possibility for useful feedback, but I doubt that any would have come. I suggest you find a creative writing forum if you want some feedback on these poems. My own opinion is that the poems are decent and better than a lot of stuff in the Librarium, but I do find that the rhythm is disrupted rather frequently without any readily perceptible reason. Also, I found some of the word choice to be poor. "declaim", for instance, generally refers to rhetorical declaration; proclaim would be better. "Mephistophelian" screws the rhythm up completely. Other words seem remarkably unromantic for a romantic poem, such as "phenomenon" and "ersatz" (I don't even understand what that line means).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:51:24 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

do the big words scare you holk? or are you just angry because you and i both know that being a super moderator doesn't mean your intelligent...it just makes people think you are...?

Do the big words scare you, Holk, or are you just angry because you and I both know that being a super moderator doesn't mean you're intelligent? It just makes people think you are.

I went ahead and took the liberty of checking and correcting your spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I take several writing classes and, to be honest, this isn't good. Sorry.

Rep:
Level 87
To be honest I like the premise of it, but not the way he put it in stanza, it doesn't flow right to me when I read it in lines. Try to space it out while keeping in mind how something other than you perceives it.

Otherwise, I also dislike his attitude :\