RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2 Player script

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Does anyone know a script so you can make a 2 player game?
Anybody?!
<

Rep:
Level 90
Yeah that would be pretty cool, A co-op game. I'd Also like that I can play as one Hero and my Brother or sister can play as another. And we can help each other and battle. You know stuff like that.

So I'd also be intrested in that. So does anyone have that kinda script ?
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep:
Level 90
I dont know why people bother requesting these, everyone knows they are going to be extremely hard to make! PLus you'll need a server, making a multiplayer game dont take 2 seconds!

Rep:
Level 90
How long exactly does it take ...?
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 90
It doesn't take a scripter to know that something like that is going to take a LOOOOOOOOONG time! Also unless you are playing at one computer (Which will be a bit dumb) you will need a server to link the computers together!

Rep:
Level 90
Yeah I will be playing on the same computer ... I'll get some KEYS and my brother will take another few.
MSN CHAT-

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
thatsmypie your wrong on this one

what they want is a two-player script

thats 2 players on the same screen these exist and there are a few of them however icant remember any of the links right now

Rep:
Level 90
If you are good it can probably be done with events, but it will be VERY hard!(I think) Also I think it would be quite annoying on the same PC coz for one it will be a pain havin 2 hands on one keyboard, and 2 what if one player leaves the screen? I think it is stupid and pointless, why cant people just be happy with one player?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
meh it depends how you use it eg. a racing game on chocobos or somthing etc.

id use it for minigames...

Rep:
Level 90
I'd use it for co-op story mode. up to 4 players or something. I dunno but I want that 2 player script.
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 89
Call it too lazy to get a good avatar.
A 4-player computer RPG? That is very unlikely unless you are using an online thing... otherwise, you'd all be crammed together. And I was hoping this would have had the script... 2-players is fine at one computer. But can you split-screen an RPGmaker game?
Sir Acer is back. This time, he has nothing. Its a fresh start.
____

Rep:
Level 90
Ok, who ever wants a two player script. Go check my topic ...

It should say something about 2 player script. The script is half way done. Someone has to finish it up.
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 89
Events would be the best for a co-op game, conditional branch, ask blue, he will know :D

yes conditional branch would work i think,(i cant check right now, im at school) but if you do if "button" is pressed this event will move 1 space up and so on, but as soon as i get home, i will try. :|
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 90
Check this topic for my two player script majigure thingy.

"Who ever wants the 2 player mode download/SCRIPT here it is"
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: Jesse 015
Events would be the best for a co-op game, conditional branch, ask blue, he will know :D

yes conditional branch would work i think,(i cant check right now, im at school) but if you do if "button" is pressed this event will move 1 space up and so on, but as soon as i get home, i will try. :|

Damn man what is it with people creeping to blue?  :|

And no you cant do it like that. Gameplay would be laggy, no freedom to talk or move. Gameplay would be crappy.

Wow at least you tried i guess...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: Aus Ace Leader
A 4-player computer RPG? That is very unlikely unless you are using an online thing... otherwise, you'd all be crammed together. And I was hoping this would have had the script... 2-players is fine at one computer. But can you split-screen an RPGmaker game?

You can split-screen. Look this topic: http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70816

In fact look at that topic for a two player scripts. The problems is that it's a beta script. (It must be)

Rep:
Level 89
I think it would be fine if you can call the script and not have happen automatically.

Rep:
Level 89
Meaning like, go on a certain map or talk to someone saying |"would you like to turn co-op on, yes or no, then call script (the conditional branch didnt work :? ) like in san-andreas :D
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 90
Well after my Single player mode on Inverto Rex, I'm thinking of taking it online. Which has been done almost everywhere. And I've seen.

When I make it .. I'm gonna put a system that when you talk to them you can ask them to join your party and they can help you in battles and stuff. You know ... You can also challenge them in mini-games ...

Theres going to be plenty of towns, citys, islands, and farms to roam around in. So yes, I'm expecting alot from the online version.
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 89
Call it too lazy to get a good avatar.
Quote from: Zeriab
Quote from: Aus Ace Leader

You can split-screen. Look this topic: http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70816

In fact look at that topic for a two player scripts. The problems is that it's a beta script. (It must be)

Yes, if you split screen with for players it would be completely insane... not much site room...It'd be safer if it was like gauntlet, but whose stoping you from running of the camra?
Sir Acer is back. This time, he has nothing. Its a fresh start.
____

Hey rarara dat was mijn vraag
Tnx
 :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Maybe that it is on the same screen and that you can't just walk out of the screen. I've seen it in some internetgames for 2 player on one computer. It's really fun.
I just wanna put a 2 player script in it so I can play it on the same computer with my sister or so.
It's only harder to find one than to think.
<

OMG you dont need a SCRIPT you can just take turns hitting the "ATTACK" button

Rep:
Level 90
~
Quote from: Mental
OMG you dont need a SCRIPT you can just take turns hitting the "ATTACK" button

Pfft.  Like that would ever work.  I mean... PLEASE!

I wanna play this game with 2 players, not only me.
<

lol I guess it would be cool but...what about like the spliting screen, if you aren't able to move off the screen, you would have VERY limited space. I would try using lan or an online game in my opinion.... If there is free moving it would be cooler. Just my opinion =P

OR it would work if you used secret of mana style ^_^ then you can play on the same comp.
"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Good. We can attack in any direction."