RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
3d script

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
hi i'm realy new to rpg and i heard there was some knidof a script that made your game 3d-is h like the new pokemon thats comming out on DS, anyway i can't find it on google and would like to know what is is called and where u can find it! thanks, smithy

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Umm.. I don't think that exists because you need 3d Sprites and stuff but Rpg xp can't see those..
 I think.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
It's easier to just use another game maker instead of making a 3D engine in RMXP.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

i sware there was a script that made the world round and kindof 3d not proper, its hard to describe.. like things would seem further away if in the distance and when u walked upto them they'd become normal size.. i'm not realy describing it very well but it had a curvature effect on the map 

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
There was one on hbgames.org, it's a bit difficult to use though...or so I've been told.

But if you are thinking of the scale-7 script, it's out there, but I lost the link...

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
There is a script for it with an Airplane thing.. That allows you to fly and see the world flat.

Rep:
Level 96
Found it! I posted it here a while back, actually.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7147.msg97464.html#msg97464

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
It's just zooming the sprites, it's no real 3D. I have seen a Battle System that looks like it is 3D, but mainly because pre-rendered sprites were used.

EDIT:

Lol @ just changing a few classes to make that script. ;D Awesome idea! I might use and improve it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:11:01 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

thanks arrow1 thats exactly what i was looking for!!

Rep:
Level 96
It's just zooming the sprites, it's no real 3D. I have seen a Battle System that looks like it is 3D, but mainly because pre-rendered sprites were used.

EDIT:

Lol @ just changing a few classes to make that script. ;D Awesome idea! I might use and improve it.

Yeah, the guy had a real good idea, I say. Also Blizzard, if you ARE going to edit it, PLEASE do something about the enormous lagging problem, it's near intolerable.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I should be called the lag-away master, lol! I'll do, don't worry. ;)
Visit our website.

hey u should reli edit mode 07 it would make a great Rpg if it wan't soo laggy and i reli prefer rpg to making games using microsoft Xna and C# it takes the fun out of making games

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah, it's better to use C#, because the code gets actually compiled and it works faster. No more 1.5GHz needed for games with SNES like graphics. xD

EDIT:

Okay... I have worked on it and there is only one thing I can tell:
The faster you forget this and live on, the better for you. I actually WAS succesful in removing a part of the lag by testing it a lot and changing the way the images are being processed. However... another problem arises. Already at a map size of 120x60 it needs a few seconds to load the map ("Script is hanging" error could easily occur!) and 250 MB of RAM (it goes down on 180MB right after that). :'(

I think the right way of making a Mode 7 script would be to change the Bitmap class so images could be processed and slanted in a "perspective" way directly. This would be the only acceptable solution for this problem. I seriously doubt that any of the big game software developing companies used an algorythm like this to create Mode 7 in their games. I would rather say, they just used the bitmap slant I just mentioned.
Sorry, guys, but RMXP is too limited for this algorythm (and your RAM is too >.<).

I could have tried to decrease the lag more a little bit by splitting the horizontal strip images into many, but there is no point to this right now. Also I noticed the lag on a 120x60 map on "strip size" 32 is about as strong as the lag on a 40x40 map with a "strip size" of 8. So this is also not really a solution.

*sheds a manly tear* :'(

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:14:38 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
*sheds a not so manly tear*