RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cutscene without requiring action? [VX]

Rep:
Level 75
what am i supposed to put here oh no im almost out
Hello! I hope this is the right board.

This isn't a terrible or game-breaking issue, but it is an odd one that I have never experienced so far.

In the beginning of my game, I have evented (Is that the term?) a cutscene to establish the plotline. I thought it would be a good idea to set the character to transparent and have it run a few text windows with the background changing scenes (In reality teleporting to maps and doing a quick pan) to explain what was going on. As I started testing the script with it going to a single map and panning (Running it as a parallel process) it would stop short of the final command, which would be to fade out and transfer the player to the actual starting point of the game. The odd thing is that when I run it as an action/player touch event, everything works fine and runs without an issue.

Is there a way it can be fixed? I would much rather want the cutscene to start automatically after a new game file is created then having the players perform some sort of action.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Have you tried running it as an autorun event?