RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
i think this is the right place

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Watching You
i have a problem with my tilesets everytime i use the indoor tilesets that i have some items are like the should be i.e. the cuboards i place cannot be walked over while the bed i place can be walked over i have set all the permissions etc but still nothing this is even effecting walls and the black backgrounds

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
So, let me get this straight. You're having a problem with tileset passability, as in your character is walking on things that he shouldn't and not able to walk on spaces you marked as passable? Try checking your other layers, you might have some invisible unpassable spaces. Just flood your second and third layer with something like a carpet temporarily to see if there are invisible tiles that are different.

Watching You
no the passable tilesets are fine it is just the tiles that arent meant to be able to be passed over which includes the black background tiles it cannt be and invisble tiles because i am using them on brand new maps also i saw you post in the main section and i forgot to post what maker i am using which is RPGmaker XP

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
First off, periods and capital letters will go a long way for you, pal. I can barely understand what you're trying to say.

Secondly, it still sounds like you're saying that things the player is able to walk on things they shouldn't be able to. Unless you mean priority, like a book you place on top of a table is going underneath the table in the game?

Watching You
. . . . i feel like a moron now, but yeah that is what i mean except that the walls are passable on the black background so could you give me a hand?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I think I see. The "black spaces" are actually just blank spaces, which means that if you don't have something there to stop them, the player can freely walk on them. The best solution would be to use a wall autotile, one of the tiles at the top of your set. If you don't want to do that, then you'll have to go to your tileset tab in the database and set one invisible tile to be impassable and fill the outside of your map with it.

Watching You
i just tried that and it almost worked but now the entire map cannot be walked on even when i lay flooring on either the first layer or the second layer also can i ask you another question with this?

On most of my newer maps the weather cant be changed it is snowing both inside and outside of building, i have changed the weather settings to "nil" but still it snows

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Tell you what, post a screenshot of your layers and I'll see what the issue is.

As for the weather, you must be setting the event set wrong or having another event that turns the snow back on. What's turning the weather on, and how do you have it set to turn off?

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Be careful of blank tiles other than the very top-left one. Unless a blank tile is O passable with 5 priority, RMXP will let you walk on things with it.

If the tile is just O with no priority, placing on top of X passable tiles like walls will be able to be ... walked over. Assuming you're not using the original RTP files, you might have multiple blank spaces. Fill these up, and you might be able to see where you've gone wrong.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:51:50 PM by Taylor »

Watching You
i dont think that i have any weather effects on, because every new map i make has the snow effect on i dont get it,

here is the screen shots of layer 1 - 3 i did not use any black tiles on these because even when you play the game the background is black anyway.

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/firstlayer.png/  - layer 1

http://img59.imageshack.us/i/layer2.png/   -  layer 2

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/layer3o.png/   -  layer 3

also i tried using the top left tile for the background (which i have put the X in to make it impassable) but that just makes the whole map impassable

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
There's your problem right there then. That tile you set to X is essentially the blank space, which all three of your layers use. What you want to do is set that to passable, and set the one next to it to impassable. Then, fill the outside of the first layer with that impassable tile (fill in where there would be wall). You can double check that you've got the right tile in the right spaces by temporarily setting the autotile to a graphic, so that you can actually see where you're putting down the tiles.

Also, the weather is going to continue endlessly unless you turn it off at some point. This means you need to check your events in the map you're transitioning to that you don't want the weather to continue on. Either your event that's supposed to turn it off is not running properly, or you have another event set that's actually turning it back on. My guess is moreso the former. All you need is a parallel process that sets the weather back to none, and then you erase the event.

Watching You
i sent you a pm but i am not sure if i deleted it by accident but nothing i do is fixing the problem so i am wondering if i could send you the game folder so you could have a look at it,because no matter what i do nothing is working and i cannot continue until the weather and tileset problem is fixed.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Okay, took a look at it, and you had two tileset problems which would cause you to not be able to move properly. First was that your starting position landed you on an X spot right in the bed frame, and the second was that your top-left most tile in your indoor tileset was set to priority 0. It needs to be set to priority 5 like all the other tilesets. Do that and your indoor tileset should be fine again.

As for the weather... I'll be honest that I don't have the time/patience to play all the way through what you sent me, so I just took a look through your maps to see where you have events for snow (or weather at all for that matter), and I didn't see anything turning the snow on in the first place. May I ask where the snow issue specifically is?

Watching You
its every map i cannot turn it off, it does not matter if it is indoor or outside it just wont stop snowing and when i changed the weather to reain on one map it changed on them all

Watching You
dont worry i have fixed the weather what i did was i downloaded the kit again and put the first 3 maps into that folder, then started a new game and saved then opened the save in the other game folder and it all works now.

i just need a hand with the tilesets i shall try what you said but i am not sure it will work.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
It worked for me.