RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Take a screenshot in-game? And a custom save patch for RM2k

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Long ago on what was possibly a German website or old versions of GamingW or RMRK, I came across a patch and/or runtime hack that gave RM2k an evented save menu of some sort. I believe this patch is relatively known among those who delve into patching and hacking their games, so does any one know of it?

This isn't a request for the patch though. But it would be good to have. See, the example project that showed the save menu would show screenshots of the locations of the save files. Sometimes this didn't actually work well (screenshots were for wrong files sometimes IIRC), but the point was was that the runtime itself was taking screenshots.

Just as there is a screenshot.dll for RMXP, is it possible that RM2k3 could have the same possible function? Either through the RM2k save patch, or the same screenshot.dll, I think being able to screenshot in the game could enable a lot possible effects.

In particular I want to use this system to take a screenshot of the game, save it to Panoramas, then my game's CMS will use that image to emulate showing the menu on the same map ala RMVX. As I recall correctly the RM2k save system did the same thing, only to Pictures and displayed them shrunk inside each save data box.

Sorry if this explanation was a little too long winded, I'm not even sure if this is the right place, but any help would be awesome.

Rep:
Level 85
Okaaayy:

You need Miroku's SFX.exe for screenshotting and Power Patch Compact for the save files. Both need Inelukis Keypatch. To install Inelukis Keypatch on RM2k3 you also need Force Harmony. Because this wipes out the MP3 support, you also need Disharmony.

So you need (in the proper order):

- Force Harmony
- Inelukis Keypatch
- Disharmony
- Miroku's SFX.exe
- Power Patch Compact

Then all your dreams come true :)

Best regards,
Cherry
Cherry = CherryDT | www.cherrytree.at

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Oh wow that sounds... seriously complicated. D: And I've never heard of many of these patches.

Thanks for this though, I'll have to look around and see what I can do.