RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cannot Open Database

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hey Guys, I just installed RPG Maker 2003 and when I open the database I get the following error:

"Access violation in module 'comctl32.dll' at address 5D0D6DA9 with offset 00000001 of type Write occured."

I click Ok and the error pops up again and again and again, forcing me to use the Task Manager to close the program.
What should I do?

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
This kinda error sometimes happens when loading an old RM2k game in 2k3. Try going to Battle Layout and setting some of the blank and unticked things and it should stop doing it.

If you can't get to this tab, it still does it, or does it with a fresh project however, I don't know how to help.