RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Individual actor item inventories

Rep:
Level 84
<Individual actor item inventories>
<May 6th 2009>

Summary
What i basically want is a script that lets one have individual item inventories for every actor in ones party. In other words every actor in the party has his/her own items that he/she owns during game play and only he/she can use them or trade them with other members of the party. Trading items can only happen out side of battle and use of the items happen during and out side of battle. The items can be used by either the owner or by some one else in the party whom the owner of the item chooses.

Features Desired
  • Individual item inventories for actors in the party.
  • When buying an item one must be able to choose to whom the item should go to.
  • Party member should be able to trade or give items to other members of the party
  • Should be compatible with Woranata's "Neo Menu script" & "Item Shop window script"
  • When gaining multiple items from a item chest or battle result the items should be split evenly to all party members.
  • When using an item the player must choose which actors inventory first then the item desired.

Mockups

Games its been in
  • EarthBound (SNES)
  • Mother 3 (GBA)

Did you search?
yes!

Where did you search?
  • RPG Revolution forums
  • hbgames.org
  • RPGMaker VX forums

What did you search for?
  • inventories
  • items
  • earthBound

Who ever decides to take on this challenge here is a site that has all the scripts i need this compatible with.
Here it is!: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=7797
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 04:17:18 PM by Zero2008 »

Rep:
Level 84

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice request! :)

It looks like a lot of work with all the scene manipulation required (I hate doing graphical and user input stuff), so I probably won't take it :(

A couple suggestions though -
a) link to the scripts you need it to be compatible with, especially the shop one.
b) Is there a limit to how much each player can carry?

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks that would probably help someone who actually takes on this challenge.
Also When someone is making the script i really don't expect it to look exactly like in the screen shots. Its just to give an idea really... The windows could be where ever the creator thinks its better.
One more thing, i wasn't really planning on having a limit of items an actor could have but i gues around 30-50 should be enough for those greedy players!

Any ways for those of you who don't want to create a whole new script how about editing the one i found?
It basically does what i want except it messes up the Woranata scripts and instead of having the money for the party every actor gets his/her own gold which gets anoying when buying stuff..

Here is a link to the script: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44251&start=0

Also thanks for the suggestions algerbra!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Also, what does the regular item screen look like? Both of those screenies are of the shop.

Rep:
Level 84
LOL sorry about that. The 3rd screen shot is the item menu. Also just so there's no confusion "Goods" is used instead of "Items" in the EarthBound Series.

Rep:
Level 84