RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Picture Transitions

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I'm trying to create a resting animation. When you go to the bed it asks you if you wish to rest, if you say no then it's done, and if you say yes then it plays the little resting cutscene and restores your health to full. Most of it is easy, I'm just having problems with the picture transitions. I want it fade in a picture (like of the moon with the sandman on it, or some people sleeping in beds, or something a little scary for a nightmare that night) but I can't seem to find any way to get the picture to fade in. I can get the screen to fade black or green or grey or any other color, but the show picture command makes the picture apear suddenly. I would like some way to have the picture fade in like you can get the screen color tone to fade, or anything else that will take the harshness out of the transition. I am useing RPGM - Postaility Knights Enhanced.

Rep:
Level 90
~
Okay... That doesn't help tell what version your using. They could all have a Postality Knights Enhanced version.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Oh, there's a new "Fade Picture" button in the Postaility Knights version. Yes, the XP. I didn't know there was a Postaility Knights version for anything else but XP. Sorry for wasting your time guys.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: Beaglebob
Oh, there's a new "Fade Picture" button in the Postaility Knights version. Yes, the XP. I didn't know there was a Postaility Knights version for anything else but XP. Sorry for wasting your time guys.

You weren't wasting anyone's time. The only Postality Knights version IS for XP. So, by saying your problem was for the Postality Knights version, without mentioning anything else, gave it away that it was XP, so don't worry. As for your problem, I figured someone would have gotten to this now.... I'll try to help.

Use a series of Show Picture commands, making the first one almost completely transparent, or opaque, or whatever the term is they use. (I don't have access to XP at the moment.) Then, make it a wait command, followed by another show picture command of the same picture, only slightly less transparent, or opaque, or whatever, and keep going until it's fully visible. It sounds like it's would be really slow watching it in the game, but if you do it right, I'm sure it'll turn out the way you want it to.

There may be an easier way to do this, but without access to XP, I can't tell you exactly how right now. I hope this helps you, and maybe someone can elaborate on what I've said already.
:tinysmile: