RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG story suggestions!

Rep:
Level 87
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. :-\
Hello everyone! I've been a big fan of RPG maker since the 2003 one. So from time to time I would spend a bit of my free time making a short game/adventure for me and my little brother. When VX came out I was excited about the new features and the general look of it that I bought it immediately  :D. I haven't had much time to fool around with it, but my new job allows me to use my laptop uninterrupted for about 6 hours! So even between fallout 3, homework, and sometimes WoW. I still have plenty of time to fit VX in there  ;D!

So anyway to my point, I want to make something I can finally distribute to the community! But I suffer from having too many ideas for my own good:(. So I ask everyone here, what type of game would you like to see created?

Maybe a Suikoden time of game where you own a castle and it changes with the more people you add and the more things you do?
Same old traditional save the world type of thing?
A game with older characters looking for work as mercenaries or something?

Give me your feedback on what you would want or not see in a RPG. You can PM me, but I prefer you just reply here so others can contribute to the discussion, including myself!

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
how about combining all 3

idea 3 is as good of a place to start as any
idea 1 can be a neat feature (though I don't really get it)
and something happens that leads to idea 2
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Rep:
Level 87
What I meant by idea 1 would be something like. You own or operate out of a castle/base. The more you progress in the story, the more things change about your base of operations. I've always loved games like the Suikoden series, Skies of Arcadia, Radiata Stories. Hell, even that Wii Ware game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My Life as King, was fantastic to me for the price of admission.

So do you think a game where you have a home to go back to every now and then would be a nice feature of a game? It generally wouldn't be the main feature, but I would try my best to make some sort of home or base that people can go back to and maybe do some mini games that would serve as a distraction more then anything.

Let me know what you think everyone=p.
Thanks to whoever moved my topic to the appropriate place, and thanks for NPC to replying  :D

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Crap, I thought you were looking for an author. Since I canceled my game yesterday (which I'm still working on) I'm kinda bored. All I'm doing is posting resources for VX and some music and working on the anime styled cut scenes in my game. Are you sure you don't need a story? :blizj:

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure I don't need a story  :(. Just wanted some opinions on what type of story people would be interested in.

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Sorry :-\ I just never have any thing to do?