RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
MMORPG

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Is it possible to create an MMORPG using Rpg Maker XP for the world design and scripting?

(This is just out of curiosity).  Thanx.  :D

Rep:
Level 88
It is possible. However, it takes a huge amount of scripting knowledge and effort. However, if you'd still like to attempt an MMORPG, your best bet would be Eclipse. However, that is complicated as well. Just stay away from them until you have a firm grip on game design/development.

That is all.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It's certainly possible, but I don't recommend it.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

It is possible. However, it takes a huge amount of scripting knowledge and effort. However, if you'd still like to attempt an MMORPG, your best bet would be Eclipse. However, that is complicated as well. Just stay away from them until you have a firm grip on game design/development.

That is all.

Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the link and information.

And @ Leventhan: Are there know issues with using Rpg maker for MMO games?

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
The fact that you're only one person, or have a "team", it is impossible for you to do it.

And you can say that "Yes I can!", personally PM when you're done and I'll eat my own shorts and post it on youtube.

The fact that you're only one person, or have a "team", it is impossible for you to do it.

And you can say that "Yes I can!", personally PM when you're done and I'll eat my own shorts and post it on youtube.

What the hell are you talking about?

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
I'm just speaking in the generalization of the common user coming on here and saying "im makeing a MMORPG guiz" when it's pretty stupid because most newbies that come on this site start a game and don't finish it or don't have any knowledge of game creation.