RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hmmm... what should I put here

Rep:
Level 87
The Booka is coming!
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site (though definitely not new to RPG maker)  Usually I never cared about this because I was just making the games for myself and my friends and just to show off to them what I can do.

However, I was thinking of making a game and adding 3D movie scenes and then placing it into my portfolio to try to impress prospective employers.

Now to the actual question... I am concerned about music.  I want to put in the songs I always love placing in because I like them more than the pre generated songs but... those songs are from other games, FF I through VIII, Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga, Earthbound and a few more that I cant remember just off the top of my head.

Wouldn't the prospective employers notice that the songs are just reused songs from other games and hate my work?  I know theres a 10% rule for audio when it comes to copyrighting but what about the songs in midi format, does that count towards copyrighting or are they safe?

Sorry if this is all confusing or a hard hitting question for everyone, I'm just a little stuck at the first map since my instinct could lead me to something bad if I present the game to people.

... that and I'm completely brain dead on an idea right now anyway.

also, I'll add a sig and avatar soon.

edit: blah instect how did I miss that one >< XD
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:51:59 AM by Crested_Booka »
"What ever happened to the good ol' days of going through a hell hole to get to the boss, barely survive fighting the boss, and then die trying to get out?"

Me=Not a Pervert. Purity is wackable. ALL anime girls are 18.  Ok, so 9 and 9 make 18

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
If you're not selling the game, use as many compywrited songs as you wish.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'm not 100% sure if you can use these files (ask the admin Silverline, or Super mod Haloofthesun) i'm sure they will say yes WITH THE CORRECT GIVEN CREDITS. Anyways here is the site:

http://www.slyph.org/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun