RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shallow as a Stream

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Do you guys care about graphics? I'm making a game using 2k3 and compared to a lot of others on this forum it's quite 'Ugly', the story on the other hand is very good.

If I post my game up will you overly care about looks ( keeping in mind that this is coming from a beautiful person... On the outside that is... )?
I have a big anime cut scene if that helps... .. . Thanks for reading.

Oh and what Home Brew RPG should I play to compare my story with? Is there anything Really good out there( with a nice touching story )?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I personally wouldn't care if the grafics sucked.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I like teh anime, but is it just a pre made show, or a clip from a game...

or

did you make it yourselfs.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
It's rpg maker, we're not expecting an extreme amount from graphics
we look for some originality in gameplay and a good storyline.  as long as those are good it shouldn't matter.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

Good to here :).

Did I make the anime myself? Yes and no.
My drawing skills aren't up to par as of yet, but it is not Just a copy & paste movement.
It's really something else I assure you.

I've also made quite a few custom sprites.

Is this site a host as well?

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I don't believe this site is a host.

I'm more into the story than anything else, if the story is good then I'll like it and as long as the graphics are SNES style, i really personally won't mind.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
My game is big too, yeh it's Snes style, but I mean really big. I feel the size of the main city is about the same size to the imperial city in Oblivion. Would people find that over whelming?

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
if they would, no one would play oblivion xp
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
I care about graphics, but see it this way: I'd rather play a magical rpg maker game than Oblivion.  ;)

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Good to hear. It's pretty and well designed. The plagiarised pictures are there but unless you've played Brave Soul ( a hentai, manga game ) you won't recognize the faces.

My avatar is one of the cropped pictures. He's cute no? And yes I am straight...

My game won't play in Full Screen Mode, is this normal? It plays but is shaky and the image is distorted.

Rep:
Level 88
Brave soul? Is that that hentai rpg released some time ago? Is that any good? I had interest in getting it but wasn't sure of the quality. If I remember correctly they sure have some fine characters designed, oh yes. Where did you get it?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Uh, pic's are hot, game play drags a bit. It is an RPG, NOT a full on hentai game. It contains hentai though. Not bad not great, I feel it's worth the small price:

Get it from Peach Princess directly online, there's also J-List or go to eBay.

Rep:
Level 88
Uh, pic's are hot, game play drags a bit. It is an RPG, NOT a full on hentai game. It contains hentai though. Not bad not great, I feel it's worth the small price:

Get it from Peach Princess directly online, there's also J-List or go to eBay.

Ah, original. I think I'll look out for a torrent.  8)

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
it depends on the graphics, like, if its going to be sprite art, it should be good, not a bunch of nooby mistakes that I can easily spot, and if its 3D it should be clear and clean cut, pretty much the only 3D graphics I dont like are n64 and a few PSX games, but anyone that says they wouldn't buy a Wii because of the graphics is a fucking douchebag retard cocklicking twatbrainer ignorant motherfucker.  but thats just me.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I'll agree with that, IMHO the Wii is the only True Next Gen console. I've got the 360, it's simply the Xbox 1.5.

With out boasting and compared to what I've seen on this site, my game is good, really good. The self made or customized sprites look nice and clean. A demo will be out in a week or so, it's just getting the damn time to do it...

Rep:
Level 88
hmm...sounds like you're talking big...let's see if your game can back it up
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I won't play a game that isn't for 2003.

Rep:
Level 88
but there are lots of other people who will.

...damn purists... :P
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Heh heh... That's because your a shallow bitch :-*. Don't change.

I don't want to post up any more info as it will spoil the story. It's quite a dark game, story driven, and when I say dark I do mean evil. Not to the extent that you pussyies won't enjoy it...

Here's a feature that is becoming one of my fav's: In game you can visit plays, but instead of doing the Shake Spear shit, it will be scenes from some of the greatest RPGs of our time, customised sprites so you will recognize the players.

So far I've finished a Suikoden Scene ( Tir ( Hero ) looks fucking sweet ) and I'm working on a Scene from Lufia, BOF ( I or II ) and a few more will be added for the demo. I've added this light hearted element to the game because the story line is deep, heavy and some what sad, but I am sick of these light "goodie-goodie" games out there.

Even though hyping a game is not recommended I do think it should be good. The demo timing comes down to whether I add in all of the houses of my city ( about 40-60 so far, est. Not encluding stores/ other buildings ).

Oh, all battlers are custom made to, I HATE the 2k3 battle animations. My guys are FF6 style.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:53:02 AM by Deliciously_Saucy »