RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problem with events: Set move route for player won't work

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Suguni raku ni shite aru
Greetings.
Lately I've been working in my game, and, in a scene I had the lead character to move by itself. Well, it went good. But someday it suddenly stopped working and everytime I use "Set Move Route" for player it just get the 1st command. Not just movements, but turns, waits, jumps, etc., aren't working at all except for the 1st command. Any way to solve this with no reinstallation? Or it must be repaired with reinstallation?

Thanks in advance
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
OK, this may not be helpful at all, but this sort of thing isn't unheard of. Actually the most common case of this, I'd say, is the player gets the first move command, like move left, and consantly moves left, without stoping...It's lame.
Somethings I've seen work, may not work, which is why it may not be helpful.

The first one I can think of is copying everything in that Event, and then cut and delet the Event compeltely. Make a whole new Event and paste it all in that one. Depending on the Event size (if you have many pages) it could take awhile, but it has to be a new Event to work, don't copy the Event and paste it. The second thing is more of a sugeestion. Are there other Events going on while the player Move Command Event is being used? If so, check these Events, you may have something hindering the Player'smovement or the Commands given in that Move Event. Check the timeing of these Events, it could be something simple...believe me. Make sure you don't have any Auto-Run Events. If you do, make sure you are using them properly, They can screw alot of stuff up. I hope I was helpful...sorry if I wasn't!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 83
I had the same problem a while back, although i was un-able to fix it, i will be sure to take in those tips you gave though, thanks, also i hope that what Kidfox70 helps you with your problem DARK_ETERNAL.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Suguni raku ni shite aru
The point is, I call the movement for player from another event on screen, an unique one... I don't use often autorun events since they're kinda complicated to handle if not done well, and where I'm using it it's the only event sending that order... However, I'll try to rewrite the event. Although I've tried the same command in other projects and it doesn't work either, therefore I'm thinking on reinstalling. Will try your suggest, Kidfox70, and if it doesn't work, I'll reinstall.

Thanks anyway.
"Un dios no hace nada, no dice nada, nisiquiera te pide nada a cambio. Solo se sienta y ve por nosotros, los tontos humanos perdidos."

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Have you tried putting a Wait command after the move event. Sometimes, if a move event is repeating (particularly if it's a parallel process event), then it is because the same move event is repeatedly called. A Wait command may fix it.

Suguni raku ni shite aru
I have the "Wait Move Completion" command set in the event, but I'm thinking that some switch is giving me troubles. A previous scene I built before this I've got the issue also uses Set Move Route for player. But I noticed that scene using Set Move Route for player and it, as expected, works completely. Yet the next scene doesn't. I'll try debugging the scene...

Suguni raku ni shite aru
Nope, it has nothing to do with switches. I checked out, and "Wait for move completion" is correctly set. The event is not paralell to any other, and doesn't trigger automatically, but from a switch activation. The scene I mentioned before has two Set move route for player, each one with one instruction, so it seems to work. But, this which I'm having problems has about 16 movements, and it only makes the very first. Other commands below seems to be ignored, and I've put the wait command. The movement command for player goes like this:

Set Move Route : Player (Ignore if can't move) [although it actually can move]
Move Down(x9)
Move Left(x6)

Wait for Move's completion.

Above there're just text, a change of BGM and that's all.

Rep:
Level 83
When i had this problem, the only thing i found to fix it was resetting $game_system and the $game_ variables and switches to original int, but i doubt that is an option, i just think it might be helpful perhaps in some way?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Suguni raku ni shite aru
When i had this problem, the only thing i found to fix it was resetting $game_system and the $game_ variables and switches to original int, but i doubt that is an option, i just think it might be helpful perhaps in some way?
Perhaps. I just copied the whole page in another project and it works as supposed there. But it doesn't where I need it jajaja...

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
I wonder, did you try what I said earlyer? About copying the commands in your bad Event, into a whole new one? I'm telling you this has worked many times for me. I guess sometimes something happens to the Events.

The first one I can think of is copying everything in that Event, and then cut and delet the Event compeltely. Make a whole new Event and paste it all in that one.
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Suguni raku ni shite aru
Yep, I did that...