RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] FF8-Like Card Game script

Rep:
Level 86
Final Fantasy 8-Like Card Game
March 4, 2008

Summary
I love the card game (Triple Triad I believe, correct me if not) of Final Fantasy 8 for the PSX, and would like a script to recreate it with my own cards as a sort of mini-game in my main project.

Features Desired
  • Ability to buy, sell, gather cards from shops and monsters.
  • 9 Card playing grid, each player taking turns to play cards on the board.
  • Each player selects 5 cards out of their collection(must include doubles, almost like a second inventory)
  • Cards have values on their four sides: Up, Down, Left, Right ranging from 1-M(M=10)
  • Card values shown on card in upper left corner in an almost circular shape
  • To win, you must change color of opponent's card(blue=Player. red=opp). Do this by playing a card next to opp card with higher value(EX: Opp's card=left: 7. You card=right: 8. your card is on your opp's card's left. Their card is flipped to your color.) You should be able to flip all adjecent cards if your card is that powerful.
  • Cards can only be flipped if an opposing card is played next to them that is stronger. Flipping/playing a weaker card next to a stronger card does not flip cards.
  • At the end of each game, the winner takes one of the loser's cards.

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy 8
  • A similar game is implemented in the game 'Last Scenario' on RMXP, but I do not know who the author of the game is.

Did you search?
yes

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • Script Request Catalogue

What did you search for?
  • In catalogue, I type 'card' in find box to search for any card game scipt.
Google:
  • RMXP card scipt
  • RMXP card game script
  • RPG Maker XP card game script
  • RPG Maker Xp Final Fantasy 8 card game script
  • RMXP ff8 triad script
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:18:01 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Try this:

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php?topic=5929

I've never played the game, so I don't know if it does the trick or not, but it claims to, so I figured I would direct you toward it.

Rep:
Level 86
That is exactly i! I'll just tinker with it to make my own game! Thanks a lot!

Edit: Darn it! The download links are broken! So close too!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's not broken. I just downloaded from the link at the very top of the post

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, that one works! Lol, I didn't see that one and tried to use the others. I'm not the brightest person. But thanks! I've tried it out ands its exactly what I wanted!