RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Upcoming project by Rm2k3 Sensei, AKA Yossy

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Al righty folks, this is a project idea I have in mind. Fret not, Futaiten will not be abandoned.  This is probably something that will not be worked on until Futaiten is further along in progress.

I am going to make a game based on the anime, King of Bandit Jing.  My first concern is that no one here has heard of it.  Or have you?  Give feedback.

KoBJ is about a boy thief named Jing, who claims to be the King of Bandits.  His companion is a talking albatross (black bird, fyi) named Kir.  Though he is a thief, Jing is not driven by greed or desire, his sole goal is to ADVENTURE!  His quests take him to faraway kingdoms, where he'll steal masks, stars, artwork, immortality, grapes, and time itself.  I think this anime would make an excellent theme for a video game.

In fact, there was an RPG of KoBJ on the Game Boy several years ago, but it never made it to the States and information about it is almost impossible to find.

I hope to have this game include a real-time battle system, probably similar to Futaiten.  It's cinematics will be scenes from the manga and anime.  Maybe I'll even have some voice acting.

Feedback.

Go.

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
Sorry never heard of that Anime. Sorry Well i would play it anyways.
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I actually have heard of it from somewhere I dont remember where, Strangely enough I like it. I have heard this name somewhere Er only if I could remember I havent seen it tough >.<;; But it would make a real good RPG Yossy, IF you need any help I'll be around for anything.
-Quote- anyone was free to do whatever they liked as long as it kept them happy -Quote-

sounds like a pretty scary place to live lol

*smashes shop window takes new pc*

policeman: hey! stop!... are you happy about that?

me: err... yea

Policeman: damn... ok carry on. - Quote Drake. XD!!! LMAO!!!-

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
never heard of it but it sounds great! if i find anything i will let you know or whatever information you need!
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 91
SWEET I own the manga for this  one both the normal version and twlight tales be sure to have the exploding guys I just can remember there name pouri or something like that

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Porvoras!  Yes, they will definately be in the game.  Maybe I'll have a mini game or something where you have to protect all othe Porvoras and keep them from exploding.  Heh.  Anywho, thanks for the feedback.  For the people who haven't seen or heard of this series, I'll get some pics from the anime and manga up.  It's really amazing.

Rep:
Level 91
Will you have some characters from the manga appear and will you have the traditional note thing where he tell what he will steal

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Well, here's what I have in mind:

The dialogue will follow the manga word for word.  Jing and Kir's witticisms are just too much to overlook.  The course of the game will take you through a total of seven "Shots," (the seven books of the non-Twilight-Tales series).  The point of this game is for newcomers to the series to enjoy it in its pure entirety, and longtime fans can enjoy classic moments in the format of a video game.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

The real reason it follows the manga word-for-word is so I don't have to think of the story or dialogue. :whoa:   I'm not making a fangame.  I'm making a video game version of the manga.

Another excuse I plan on sticking to.

I also plan on having two different versions: one that includes all of the swearing and suggestive scenes (Izarra's shower scene, Fino's revealing of the painting on her body, the final scene of Kirsche and Jing at the end of book six during which Kirsche is nude, etc.), and one that censors them.  Yeah, yeah, I know, that one's gonna get a groan from everyone, isn't it?  In truth, I'd be more comfortable playing the censored version, but that's just me.  'Cause you never know when your mom might be watching over your shoulder.  :O_o:  And the last thing she wants to see is a naked chick with a painting covering her body.

Haha true, But I say you should try starting this untill the Book of Days is done I'm really looking forward to that one.
-Quote- anyone was free to do whatever they liked as long as it kept them happy -Quote-

sounds like a pretty scary place to live lol

*smashes shop window takes new pc*

policeman: hey! stop!... are you happy about that?

me: err... yea

Policeman: damn... ok carry on. - Quote Drake. XD!!! LMAO!!!-

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
The Book of Days demo is almost done.  :^^:

Here's some pics of the Jing anime's opening sequence, for those who haven't seen or heard of it.

Jing holding a crystal, which is the soul of his mother.

Cool pic of Jing.

Jing, Jing, Jing.

Showing off his SUPER AWESOMENESS.

Jing holding a cage, the home of a mysterious ghostlike doll.

Green. :^^:   The words in the back say "KING OF BANDIT JING"

Purple. :^^:  The words in the back say "Wanted: King BANDIT"

By the way, I have no resources for this whatsoever.  It's still just a mere shell of an idea, and the actual game-age hasn't begun.  So, I am waiting for Futaiten.

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
You triple posted! only kidding i bet those posts are old

did you make that anime? or are you basing your game off of it?
Go suck a lemon! lol

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I triple-posted?  Where? :O_o:

The manga was written and illustrated by Yuichi Kumakura and the anime was directed by Hiroshi Watanabe.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (revives topic)

Jing is so super kewl!! I haven't read ALL the mangas yet, I'm actually in the process, but I have seen the anime and I like it alot.

I wouldn't mind making a game for this anime/manga masterpeice. The only thing that I feel would be a problem is finding resources for it. Well, really just tilesets.

Either way, implementing it would take some work and you'd have to think up some sort of dialogue for the generic townspeople to say.

If it happens to be any trouble, or you think it may be faster, ask me for help anytime! I would be more than happy to assist, just dun ask me too much about things that didn't happen in the anime from the manga  :lol:

Bridget is SOOOOOOOOOOO kewl XD

Rep:
Level 91
i only saw the anime but from what i have seen there , there is no room for a game..
jing thinks without taking his time and his birdie's firepower is unmatched , only thinking he needs to be doing is solving puzzles and finding ways to pass enemy defenses

so the game can't be the normal monster killage game and since jing hardly bothers moving his mouth the dialogue gonna be done mainly by the bird..

no matter what i hardly see any option of doing a game that is over 1 hour long  even if the player will have to try alot of times to pass each "puzzle"
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
LoL. In case you didn't read, the game's gonna be based off the manga. The manga is alot more active than the anime, and Jing DEFINATLY gets more than a few words in.

If Yossy is as masterful as she says she is, this game could more than work. You just need to read the manga.

Rep:
Level 91
yay .. (?)
not that i am going to buy the manga  :roll:
wanna link me to a nice site that got the manga translated and uploaded?  :^^:
if you don't know any.. i can live without reading the manga..>^
well good luck with the game.. Xx
holy shit my sig was big!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, Jing's super-expressive in the manga... I prefer the cool, reserved hero he acts as in the anime.  But there could be some nice battles, because he does have that nifty arm-mounted sword.  Perhaps we could have some meter or something that builds up as you take damage, and only once its full you could use Kir Royale.

I've been putting more thought into this, and thought it would be neat to make an isometric game.  Howzat sound?  How many isometric games have you seen for RPG Maker?  It'd be neat to do something different.  

Easier than you'd think to pull off, even.

Might also make it easier to draw the backgrounds...  the twisted buildings and crooked trees and all that...

EDIT!!
I've found a ROM of the KoBJ RPG on Game Boy Color... you'll need a GBC emulator and THIS LINK!
http://trespassing.cc/roms.php?info=16592
This oughta help us out... we could even rip resources!!

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! I WANNA PLAY IT SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! BUT IT"S IN JAPANESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **starts crying**

Wait a sec? Isometric on RM2k3? I never seen it before....

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I thought you said you could read Japanese!

Here's some of the many things I've ripped from the game.  Anyone can use these, but please give credit to Bridget Garofalo (that's me!)!!

Intro scenes:
Check out those excellent GBC graphics! :^^:
"Kiiru..."
"...Rowaiyaru!!"  (that's "Kir Royale" :^^: )
The title... "Ou Dorobou Jin"

Battlers/Monsters:
"Jin" (Jing)
"Kiiru" (Kir)
A monster...  I was unable to get its name.
A monster called "Rabi," which I can only assume is a play on "rabbit."
A cute monster.  It looks like the ice cream cone Jing was seen eating in book 5.

Facesets
Check 'em out!  Jing, Kir, Jing's infamous letter, Ruler of Malt, some guy named Usher, a book, a sign, and some townspeople.

Systems
The main system.
System seen on the menu.  The swords are cool.

Other
cute scene on the right side of the menu screen

I have lots more!  Prepare for the rest in a while.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
I can read it, because there's no Kanji, but that doesn't mean I know what it says @_@

Either way, nice job ripping those graphics. If this game is gonna happen, I do belive we can make it work with the aid of that ROM you found.

Cool Yossy, you riped it????
Anyways, good luck in the game ok? Hope it turns out great!!!!!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Here's some more.

The "overworld" map... I guess.

Jing's house.

The city of Malt.

Inside of a house.

Usher's house.  I don't know who Usher is. :)

Do any of you guys have an animation program?  Wanna make this an animation file?

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
I may be able to make it a .avi file, if thatll be of any use.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I was hoping an animated .gif...  maybe I can make one if I really try...

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
I'm not sure you can use animated gif's in Rm2k3...but thats if your using it in game.

Avis you can use for sure.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club