RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Making Credits? (RM2k)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hello again. I was just curious if there's a *good* way to make credits after the end of the game. It wouldn't be a good RPG without crediting all the people that worked on and helped with it, right?

So...is there a good way to make a credits scene?

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'd say it comes down to personal choice, really.
You can type them all up and put them in a picture and just add that and let it scroll (or multiple, depending on how many credits you have to give) or even put it in a panorama in the background.
You could also even build a chipset for it and map it out or just let it all flow in "show message" commands while you have some running movie-type event goin' on in the background.
Depends what personal touches you want to add and how you want to lay it all out; and ofc how much effort you feel like putting into it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
GO CANUCKS GO!
Another easier way would just to use a picture for each catagory, then fade it, then repeat. But, scrolling the credits down with pictures would probably be for the best, but again, like Brady said, it comes down to personal choice.

[font="Impact"]"Where The Serious Games Are Made!"[/font]

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I personally prefer scrolling credits. You should naturally be able to skip the credits.
If you are wondering about how to do the technical part then you can look at my Picture Scrolling System which allows the player to both speed and and skip.
While it is for RM2k3 I expect that it can be implemented in the same way in rm2k.

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
Zeriab's system is probably the best way to go about making credits.  Being able to speed up and cancel the credits entirely is a function few games can pass up =)

If you want to go with something similar but without all the coding, you can simply scroll a large panorama.  Rm2k3 will not allow you import a larger than acceptable panorama, but if you dump it in your Panorama folder you can use it all the same!