RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
easy Event help

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
the dude abides
Hey, this is my first post and I probably wouldn't have even signed up but there's something I cant figure out at all, and I'm sure its really easy to do.

I just got this program and I'm in the middle of my first map and I'm stuck. Okay, I really dont know how to eplain this easy so I'll do it as informatively as I can.

Now if that worked...

I set some events (yellow circle) to make my character walk up to the blue circled event. I set that event to player touch and I want it to trigger the legal guy to throw an exclaimation mark above his head and to begin talking. But I cant figure out what combination of switches or conditional branches or anything. Everything I try is fruitless and I can't move on without this happening...

I've looked up switch tutorials and youtube tutorials and I get some info but not really related to what I need. I'm sure I'm just doing something easily overlooked but I just need a point in the right direction. Thanks for any help.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Erm... Just get rid of the blue circled event. Do all the eventing in one event. Do the move event and then just do a "Show Animation" crap. Then use a SWITCH (not self-switch) to turn of all the events.

the dude abides
okay, that helped quite a bit, but now the exclaimation mark occurs as soon as I hit that event, how do I get it to hold off until I stop walking?

the dude abides
Okay, I figured it out, I just set some wait times in there. Hey man thanks alot!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Nono, wait. For future references: Use "Wait Until Move Completion." The event stops happening until the move event that comes before it is done.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wrong place to post  ;D
Event Systems Database

Should be in http://rmrk.net/index.php/board,8.0.html

But don't worry I'll move it :)

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun