RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy Tactics System-Would you use it?

Poll

Would you use a Final Fantasy Tactics System in your project?

Nah. Don't waste your time.
17 (65.4%)
Yea, sounds cool.
6 (23.1%)
Maybe...
2 (7.7%)
Nah. Don't waste your time.
0 (0%)
Lame! Nuff said...
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 17, 2007, 02:10:44 AM

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Just choose which option best describes the feeling of using a Final Fantasy Tactics System in your project. System would include:
1.Turn based battle system.
2.Class bonuses(already done)
3.Class changing
4.Unique classes(Holy Knight, Mechanic, Divine Knight etc. like FFT)
5.Hirelings from shops.

More features would undoubtedly come but more or less, I just want to see who'll use it and who won't before I decide to devote a large amount of time to an enormous project like this. Cast your vote and then post why you voted the way you did please.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I voted yes. I wish you the best of luck if you do it. If not, I won't hold a grudge, I know it's a huge project.

But, if you do, I'd totally use it, because the battle system of FFT is great.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Just choose which option best describes the feeling of using a Final Fantasy Tactics System in your project. System would include:
1.Turn based battle system.
2.Class bonuses(already done)
3.Class changing
4.Unique classes(Holy Knight, Mechanic, Divine Knight etc. like FFT)
5.Hirelings from shops.

More features would undoubtedly come but more or less, I just want to see who'll use it and who won't before I decide to devote a large amount of time to an enormous project like this. Cast your vote and then post why you voted the way you did please.

By turn based battle system you don't mean the tactical system, right?

Also, 3 and 5 have both been done, just wanted you to know that so you don't waste time on scripts that have already been made ;)

Rep:
Level 90
By turn based battle system you don't mean the tactical system, right?
Turn based just as it was in Final Fantasy Tactics. Only one "character" at a time will be moving or performing actions.

Also, 3 and 5 have both been done, just wanted you to know that so you don't waste time on scripts that have already been made ;)
Honestly, I hate using other people's scripts for my personal scripting projects but I'll definitely look into how the "Hireling from shop" script was done for idea so that I can make something similar for personal use that works the way I need it to.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
I would use it. You said the FFT's Battle System is Turn Based, but actually it is a tactical battle system where there are squares and stuff, right? Or am I just confused.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
Describing it that way just makes it a grid battle system..what makes it tactical is that being above, behind, to the side of someone etc. gives you certain bonuses.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Im using a tactical battlé system right now, and I vote yes, becasue it sounds like an good idea.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Swweeeet... I'd really use it.  ;8 Is like fFT
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
The Trixter
If you can do this correctly, I would seriously make an RPG. I vote yes, and I wish you the best of the BEAN!  :bean:

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I'm waiting for someone to make one because my whole idea is centered around it

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Im using a tactical battlé system right now, and I vote yes, becasue it sounds like an good idea.
where did you get it?
thanks

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

Yeah, where did u get one?

Care to share? I'd  :-* you

Rep:
Level 87
I would use this in a HEARTBEAT!
Poke!
Can you dig it?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
The tactical script I have now sucks  ;8 . But this one sounds nice, can't wait for it to finish.
Spoiler for:
*Bump*

Rep:
Level 89
Im using Zenith Tactical Battle System, wich I found on hbgames.org

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I heard of that one. Just can't find it. Is it in the downloads sections or the forums?  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 89
It should be on battle systems. Check there.

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
Even the script was here...
I've post it loong time ago (so I didn't know if the link still works or not)
Symphony of Alderra : Memoirs of Life

Storyline : 200% (Overimaginatives)
Scripting : 100% (At last...)
Eventing  : 100%
Mapping   : 0.125%

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
You'll find the script in the forums.  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
I'm use it right now...

Rep:
Level 90
This will probably be my first failed project. LOL *begins pondering how to setup the tiles and ranges* Movement...*shudders*I think I'll be learning a lot about patience and RGSS when I begin this project. Regardless, I'll at least give this a shot once I finish my current request.

Rep:
Level 87
????
id use it i need one right now lol

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
There are others, but they're quite... clumsy. I hope this one turns out good  ;9

Rep:
Level 88
Even if this turns out to be a failure, you have my support. So please give it a shot when you can. ;D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
At the very least, you'll learn a lot about scripting. Good luck with this.

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
Yup, you should continue make it!
Others exist but still... Weird.
You should make a new one, which easy to configure.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Are the maps gonna be isometric?  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 90
Nope. I don't have the knowledge to do something like that.

Rep:
Level 97
isometric wouln't be useful anyway, because you'd need to find or build isometric tilesets.

It's better to do it in a regular way. Good luck Shinami

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Original way makes it look like a grid-battle system. There are a lot of those. Besides, you could always rip graphics or make your own, it's not that hard by using this equation;

1 Map = 1 Tileset.

Rep:
Level 87
If you do, do the isometric script, could you make two versions? One without/ one with?

Original way makes it look like a grid-battle system. There are a lot of those. Besides, you could always rip graphics or make your own, it's not that hard by using this equation;

1 Map = 1 Tileset.

Really? Do you have a link to any of these grid-battle systems? I'm interested.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I meant a system like this is a grid-battle system. There are no isometric tactical battle scripts, and there probably never will. I still admire everyone who script. Gotta give 'em a hand. If u want a grid battle system, go get ZTBS from www.hbgames.org .

EDIT:
Why is the first option in the poll 'Nah. Don't waste your time'? It didn't say that when I voted...?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:29:39 PM by Ferenn »

Rep:
Level 90
As I said before, I only have ideas on how to make this work. I have little to no idea how Game_Map and Scene_Map work. On top of that, it'll be my first attempt at utilizing events AND scripts together to make something work. Ironically, I'm weak at events. Before I begin work on this though, I'm going to finish a card system request.

Rep:
Level 87
I meant a system like this is a grid-battle system. There are no isometric tactical battle scripts, and there probably never will. I still admire everyone who script. Gotta give 'em a hand. If u want a grid battle system, go get ZTBS from www.hbgames.org .

EDIT:
Why is the first option in the poll 'Nah. Don't waste your time'? It didn't say that when I voted...?

hbgames.org isn't working at all for me. Is it down? ;_;
Poke!
Can you dig it?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I think so. They have some server problems and such. Money problems, I don't know, but they've been down for a while.