RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What was your first language?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I was just wondering how many people on here know English as a second language, and how many people just suck at talking/typing.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I speak english as my second language. I know the language pretty well though.
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't speak any language other than english. =/

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The first word i said must be ma
its eng and hindi.

I know some langs-
Eng,Hind,Sans i think one more maybe
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
Nightwolf, what I meant was, what language did you learn to speak first. As in, which language did you speak completely and fluently first. Not what language were your first words in.

Norwegian.
My first word was probably "mamma" (mom) or "pappa" (dad).

I also speak English (obviously) and a little French.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:53:09 PM by Merte »
"All you do is to walk around the house all day, inhaling groceries and popping out pudding!"

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
i only speak english also and just a TINY bit of french(learned in school)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
English as first, seeing as, England. A bit of french and german, though I'm forgetting the french and german which I don't really miss ~
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, right.

I speak English, a moderate amount of Spanish, a very small amount of Japanese, and I know random words in French, German, and Russian.

English was my first language, obviously.

And if you hadn't figured it out, I made this thread to kinda poke fun at the people who are very difficult to understand on this forum.

LOL, I believe most know random words in a lot of languages. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
Well, I didn't leave any out, and there's plenty of other languages, so I must not be one of those guys.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
English was my first language, and I know some Spanish.
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh me first lang- English :)
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
..---....-..-..---..-..-.--.-.-..-.--.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh me first lang- English :)
Well then, sorry to be a dick, but you're not very good at it.

It's allowed to do mistakes, even in your firsst language.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, but he's like that in every post.

Not everyone is good at everything. I'm sure he is better than you at something else.

Rep:
Level 96
We're not talking about talents, here. We're talking about speaking the english language. No, actually, we're really just talking about speaking a language in general. I don't care who you are, if you're physically capable, you have no excuse for not being able to speak at least ONE language fluently, and in Nightwolf's case, English is his FIRST language. They teach you how to speak properly in school. Even rednecks and trailer trash on the Jerry Springer show are capable of coherent speech.

There is a very big difference between speaking and writing. English in perticular because it is a very phonetically illogical language. Many have problems with writing correctly, and that has nothing to do with intellect at all. Ever heard of dyslexia? This is actually more common than you might think. Do you honestly mean that everyone with dyslexia are just stupid. If so, where have you been the past 80 years? :)

Rep:
Level 96
I've only been alive for about 21 of them.

Anyway, Dyslexia is a developmental reading disorder. It happens when people aren't proficient at a young age in reading, writing, and spelling. It's not some mysterious and ruthless disease that strikes random people, as you make it out to be. It can be overcome, and you don't have to absolutely master the english language to speak it well.

And frankly, I don't see the big difference between speaking and writing. Please explain that to me.

Though I do agree that English is illogical, I still maintain that, even if you haven't mastered it, it's still more than possible to become proficient in it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:56:06 PM by arlenreyb »

It's easyier to pronounce a word correctly than to spell it correctly. Many people can speak perfectly but still have problems with spelling and text construction.
Furthermore dyslexia is not something that anyone can "get" if they are not stimulated propely. Some people are more vulnerable to it than others. It is also heritable. It is true that a person with dyslexia can "overcome" it if they are given proper help. It is however much harder for someone with dyslexia to learn to read and write properly than for someone without dyslexia. That is why teachers have to keep what is called "adaptable education" in mind all the time when teaching children and young people.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I think I suffer from light dailysex
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I'm not really focusing on spelling here, Merte. People spell words incorrectly all the time, and whatever, at least you know what they're trying to say. If someone said "i can here you" I would know that me meant "hear" and I wouldn't make a big deal about it. What I'm on about is more the grammer, punctuation, and word placement side of butchering the English language. Like "wut you being is like cool" or "oh me first lang- english"

That is a common verbal way of writing which is common in for instance chatting and instant messages.

Rep:
Level 96
THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT MERTE

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
And it does tend to piss people off when you type that way. (see Tsuno's signature...) I've gotten used to it though.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You should be glad me and Leber aren't like the rest of TabIt, Merte. If we let them here, they'd tear apart each and every one of your posts for grammar mistakes, then proceed to call you a retarded faggot. As a wise man once said, typing like Nightwolf, and Geno, and Vivilakers, and Dart, can be compared to talking with a speech impediment. Sure, I can understand people who talk with speech impediments, but it takes more effort to do so. The same goes for those guys.

I'll just stop here before I make another excruciatingly long post.

Rep:
Level 96
Wait, I thought someone told me wolf was Iranian? And that he spoke English as a SECOND language?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Arrow, zip it. Your posts are becoming increasily dumb, annoying, and pitiful. I'm not kidding. Quit trying to act like an idiot on purpose, mellow out, get rid of that god damn custom title, and just act normal.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
I expect that more members here are at a level of writing that we be able to understand. I hate when people type terribly, or in fucking l33t (Oh you're a idiot, I see). Type like you would in school, this ability can be (and maybe, will) useful in the future.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
My first language is -NOT ENGLISH- O=! My first language was AUSTRALIAN. And... I don't usually go around flaunting that around because of a certain man that ran around screaming 'Crikey' and gave us a bad name -_-
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 01:46:06 AM by Cody »
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Rep:
Level 96
Don't worry. For the most part, I think we (as in, everyone in the world) all have a basic understanding that Steve Irwin was an idiot, and not representative of the Australian race.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
There is an australian race?

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, there is.

Rep:
Level 88
English. And cut Steve Irwin a little slack he was a good guy with a wife and kids.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
That guy... drove me nuts. I went to see him mess with a croc once at the zoo, and he got his bloody foot bit. I tried not to laugh, but it was hard.

That IDIOT... took his whole crew for his show to his wife giving birth... that's just, not right. He was sick in the head.

SHIT, I've noticed that I've been spelling Australian wrong... That's what I get for typing at 1 in the morning...

Rep:
Level 88
Meh flame him all you want he was still a good man that was a lover of rare and exotic animals.

Rep:
Level 96
You know, I tried to explain the monster that was Steve Irwin to a couple of Freshman the other day. They would hear none of it.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Now, let me ask you something... do you love things by going around and trying to get them to bite you? I think not.

Heh... try being an Ausie, mate. You go flaunting around your ideas and the weak kids try and beat you up for it. But, I suppose it's fun watching them make idiots of themselves.

Rep:
Level 88
Well he did some wrong things but that doesnt matter anymore he's dead we should stop thinking about his wrongs and start thinking about his rights thats what he would want us to be doing.

Rep:
Level 96
I've never gotten into an actual fight. That being said, I have absolutely NO idea just how strong I am. I think I'm all right, and I scare people when I want to, but never any punches thrown.

...DAMNIT SOMEONE BETTER PISS ME OFF SO I CAN BEAT THE TAR OUT OF 'EM!!

I have basically NO enemies...I'll never fight anyone I guess...

Rep:
Level 88
*hands Arrowone a cup of water* There now you can go piss off.

Rep:
Level 96
I chuckled a bit.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I'd fight you, but bein' in Jolly Ol' England, I don't think we're too close, then?

Ah, that being said... I am in England, but I live in Australia. Visiting relatives and what not. Kinda odd being 12 hours away from normal time.

That was off subject, sorry. My mind's just wanderin', 'cause it's late.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I'd fight you, but bein' in Jolly Ol' England, I don't think we're too close, then?

Ah, that being said... I am in England, but I live in Australia. Visiting relatives and what not. Kinda odd being 12 hours away from normal time.

That was off subject, sorry. My mind's just wanderin', 'cause it's late.
...Wanderin' so bad, I'm startin' to talk like Cap'n Jack Sparrow... *slaps his forhead* I'm gonna... go lie down.

Rep:
Level 96
Not a problem. And good to know you at least are willing. :D

You should hit the Spam section, it's just what you need. Bring an opinion on goth chicks.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 02:05:14 AM by arrowone »

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah the spam section is uber............... ::) EEK MY SMILY'S NOT DOING PAIN OLD SMILING AND STUFF!!!!!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah, but he's like that in every post.
oh if u mean i say "you" as U and all, i say it purposely
And if i say
I study i fail
purposely.
Cuz im really good at english, btu if your want i'll stop all this which i am..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
"btu if your want i'll stop all this which i am"

See, this is what I'm talking about.

Rep:
Level 96
Just put a little more time into each post. Remember, people can read it forever and ever until the day it is deleted, so you want to represent yourself properly.

Rep:
Level 96
Unless you're, like, drunk. In which case, fucking rock on.

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Spam section. I've been avoiding it because I think someone said you had to have 100 posts or something? Not a rule, but something just so... I dunno.

-_-; *yawn*

Rep:
Level 96
It's not really being enforced now...

Rep:
Level 88
NO DONT OPEN THE RULE BOOK!!!!! *shuts rule book on Arrowones finger* no opening rulebook we stick it to the man.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Well, this thread turned to hell quickly

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
^_^... I might have somethin' to do with that. Sorry, mate.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Nah, it's cool, mate. Most threads DO turn to hell quickly around here.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
...Does my Australian bug you? ^_^... I don't want to sound like a dipshit. It just kinda... comes off my fingers sometimes.

Rep:
Level 96
No, it doesn't. He tends to say that too. Your legitimate Australian type-cent is welcome here.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Don't stress it, dude. If I have a problem with you, I'll let you know on my own. Right now I'm working on getting Nightwolf to type less like he was a backup actor for "The Ringer." From what I see, you type fine, so you're okay. Less worrying though, people who worry too much about other people's opinions get pitied, and you don't want that.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Ah, it's just that most Americans I've met tend to be bothered with it.
Damn... that was stereotypical... I'm turnin' into a demented Jack Sparrow/Steve Irwin hybrid..

Rep:
Level 88
Ive translated thsi threads secret it says................Occorru can turn anything into a rotting spam hole, fear his insane randomness dipshitters. YAY I MADE A WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Do we have ignore lists on this forum? Occorru's quickly becoming the most annoying member ever, and I know he'll be proud of me saying that because that's the kind of pathetic goal he'd aim towards.

Rep:
Level 88
Im just insane beyond belief, and my goal is to be be most lethal member. See I can be serious I just dont want to be for no reason at all.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
There's a difference between not being serious and being a retarded jackoff.

Rep:
Level 88
Alright ive banned myself from jokes now.......can we get semi-on topic (oddly enough this is a quote).

Rep:
Level 96
THIS JUST IN: Occurru's opinions dovetail, yet again~!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
It says you're not online, but you're posting.

o_O

Rep:
Level 88
I think Arrowones has his hiddin option checked am I right Arrowone?

Rep:
Level 96
I think, I'm not sure, and I'm too lazy to check at the moment.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
So are you changing that ridiculous custom title, or do you like being pitied?

Rep:
Level 96
...me? Why does this invoke pity? I enjoy being the pope!

Rep:
Level 88
Being a athiest I despise the pope.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Unless you're, like, drunk. In which case, fucking rock on.
Like even if i COULD drink, i surely wouldnt.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't like the real pope. And you've just made a powerful enemy Occurru, thou shoudst not trifle with an endless supply of PURE FAIL!!

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I like the Pope from Family Guy... but otherwise... he's just some guy

Rep:
Level 88
Why do thou trifle with nonexistant power thou must learneth power is people.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Did I step into an Old English Farm or something? It took me a long moment to understand what that said.

Rep:
Level 96
Brush up on your Elizibeathen English and try again, brother. And the people cannot utilize their power whilst they are so oppressed.

And why a farm, Cody?

Rep:
Level 88
Meh I can flip through Hamlet, and Macbeth tonight I guess, pick up a few tips from Shakespear himself.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
A farm, what say? I believe I'm thinkin' of the Amish folk now.

Rep:
Level 88
Atleast the Amish dont use cars, they actually give a damn about the enviroment.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Belt up Occorru! I'm sure you use cars just like the rest of us. And sittin' in front of the 'puter ain't helpin' the environment none either.

Rep:
Level 88
I know but I dont really have a choice.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I guess I should really belt up myself... I take joy-rides through the Outback now-and-again... Ain't sayin' much for my respect for nature.

Rep:
Level 88
I have a unnatural fear of driving cars, I always think if I drive one im going to get hopelessly lost.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Hate to be a noogde, mate... but how old are ya?

Rep:
Level 96
12, methinks.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Occuru has somewhat taken a path like me, but you better get 13 soon :)
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
A twelve year old afraid of driving? Shouldn't be thinkin' of it yet.

Rep:
Level 88
Its at least a legimate fear.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
If you don't mind my asking, what the hell is a "noogde"?

Rep:
Level 88
If im right it has something to do with ramen noodles, then again I love ramen noodles and would love to thing everythings a bowl of them.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
A noodge.. it's like... a bother, what say?

I don't mean to be a 'bother'

Rep:
Level 88
Aussie's are awesome..........

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>