RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How did you learn the RPG Maker Baics?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
We're talking about the basics here... Its not like anyone is claiming they taught themselves how to script without any help or somthing like that.

Rep:
Level 91
Sorry, I just remembered. I first got some help on the SSwitches in the beinging. But I learned about varibles on my own.

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: DeathTrooper

I was honest, I didn;t ask on the forums, if what I wanted to know was on the forums and I got ti there I found it using search.

using old tutorials is still using tutorials and that's no learning on your own -.-
(better than asking though)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
~
Tell you the truth I didn't look at the tutorials.  I figured I didn't need them and never even bothered to visit that part of the forums oddly enough I learned some stuff, few things from the questions noobs asked but the majority was learned on my own and switches and variables were taught to me by my friend Paul

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I learned the basics myself with RM2K.
I didn't go to any forum before wanting to share my mini-game.
I didn't know that RMXP existed before finding crankeye.com.
If I had known the existance of message boards suchs as this back when I started I would surely have asked lots of questions.
My first question (request) here was about getting an explanation of the RGSS syntax. It was my second post as far as I remember...

So I learned the basics by myself simply because the lack of other options.
I could have looked in the help file now that I think about it... That is, if the version of RM2K actually had a help file. I never looked.
Is common events among basic knowledge? You know what I'm talking about, right BlueXx? Of course you do.

Rep:
Level 91
yeah even i miss a button or 2, though not being aware of the existance of it zeriab i still had ways to do the same without the mighty common para by simply using normal paras
the usage of parallels on their own btw is not on the basics because many people only learned the power of parallels after a large period of time, and some don't know it yet

as for common event on it's own, that is basic knowladge but i was aware of it's existance ~_~ (just didn't really care about the triggers)

so hmm zeriab, are 2frame waits  as a solution to para lag basic knowladge or not?
holy shit my sig was big!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: blueXx
...so hmm zeriab, are 2frame waits  as a solution to para lag basic knowladge or not?

You answered that yourself  :roll:

Quote from: blueXx
the usage of parallels on their own btw is not on the basics because many people only learned the power of parallels after a large period of time, and some don't know it yet