RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Locked Topics!!!

Rep:
Level 89
I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH TERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man... is it just me or is Dwarra really strict with the locking of topics. He locked my topic to get critique for my sprite set because it went slightly off topic, and then Aus Ace Leader's Door Tut because he posted the tut before it was finished... instead of after. I think that he/she needs to relax and lay off the 'lock' button. Does anybody else agree with me!? I was getting good advice in that topic of mine, and he locked it because it went off topic slightly.

DUDE LIGHTEN UP!!!!
Arc-Angel Entertainment
Bringing Christian values to the gaming world.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
No, in my opinion you are just wrong, in that door topic, ppl had already spamed up there a lot, really a lot, when he finishes the tut, pm dwarra, ask him to open the topic again and then he post the complete tut, not one part of it! I think Dwarra was right locking thaty topic and I would have locjked it too. And he shouldn

There is only one topic that I think he locked with little reason.
And another he threatend with little reason.

Other than that he seems to be a doing a good job.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
As for Aus Ace Leader's topic, it went on far too long as it was. Who needs a door tutorial, I mean seriously? And if they do, we already have some. And he sent it to me (I don't know why) and I looked at it, and it was not good. All of that right there was reason enough for it to be locked.

As for your topic, I haven't seen it I don't think, but I'm sure he had good reason to lock it. Yes some people will argue that mods are nothing more than people with the power to lock topics, and rightfully so (well, we can move them and delete and edit posts too). Other people will argue that most mods abuse their power. These are usually the people who cause said topics to be locked, and spam and flame and complain about everything because something didn't go their way. But this isn't always the case, I know.

I believe anyone here would tell you that dwarra isn't the kind of person that would just lock a topic just because he can. Why would he do that? Why would any of the mods do that? I know that we have better things to do than sit around waiting for a couple spam posts just so we can click a button. Of course, we aren't perfect, we're only human. There are a rare few occasions when I disagree with him locking certain topics, as well as I'm sure others as well as he disagree with my reason for locking certain topics. But, we aren't doing it just because we can. How pathetic would we have to be to do that? We just use our best judgement. As mods, we've been around a while, and can usually tell when topics are going to take a turn, and so we lock them (if they haven't already gotten out of hand anyway.).

And, it isn't like we aren't fair either. If a topic of yours was locked and you disagree, you should PM that mod, and ask that it be opened again (politely, not saying "Yo bitch, unlock my topic homes!") and we may consider, or ask why it was locked, and if we could please open it again. Or, even better, just forget about it and move on, or just start a new topic, wherein your first post you expliciltly ask for NO SPAM, or for mods to just delete spam, which is what I usually do anyway rather than locking.

So you see, there are better ways to handle it than this. And I'm not trying to come off as sounding angry either, I'm just arguing my side, as a moderator.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
ok for starters ace has no event knowladge, it took him weeks to make a door tut, pitiful.
he completed it though refused to link to it and asked for emailing, no one will email him for such a thing..

after putting it quite clear the post before dwarra's lock post, dwarra had all the reasons in the world to lock it.. xcluding the one he claimed to lock it for
(which could have been rightful if he did it for the entire time that topic went on)

meh dwarra may seem to have been pushing the button too quickly, and i find his locks sometimes just badly placed...
he ruins every good debate on account of getting off topic.. ><
and still, to think he wouldn't lock those stuff seeing as alot of people just can't seem to keep a normal debate without insulting every 2nd line, and i won't deny from time to time i do that too in my own special way, what will it mean to newbies?
a. no one gonna lock if i am going to say "omg everyone suck i am blaze the best pwnageeee"
b. when they look at it they don't really care cause a debate of sort always got long posts, so they read 2 words and think it's spamming.
so spam= good too!
c. it  will seem to them like there is chaos in the forums and thus they will leave
d. they will think none of the mods should be a mod as they don't lock a thing.(that's only partly true -.-)

actually... this topic should be locked too -.-
let's try not to make offensive polls of any sort..
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
Well it is dwarras job really. If a thread goes slightly off topic then it could lead to many things
1: An argument (I should know about that lol)
2: A hell of a lot of spam
3: Lots of other stuff I cant think of

So you best just not complain.
If your thread begins to go off topic then thats your problem, tell people to stay on topic and if they dont then they are in the wrong and a Mod will deal with them.

I'm the Mod of a zelda forum so I know all about it.

Rep:
Level 91
Dwarra doing fine. I agree with blue and HOTS. If ther's any locking, such as my rank another member thread, it's because that thread was waiting to get out of control.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
The job is being done fine and the way the person feels it should. I see no problem with that.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Meh , if any of you have a problem, contact Crankeye because there is nothing you can do about it.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: dwarra
Meh , if any of you have a problem, contact Crankeye because there is nothing you can do about it.

lol, point made.

There's nothing wrong with what he does, he's just doing his job; this place has been a lot cleaner since we got more mods.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
that was dwaras actual last post...    :cry:  makes you wonder why he left? :evil:

Rep:
Level 91
lol don't be stupid...

i have been thinking alot about leaving too lately since none of you actually put any challange to my event skills with any request at all and it's boring

but the problem is:
it's too boring without answering those dumb , easy questions..

anyways dwarra enjoys morons on msn or otherwise he would have taken his email out, i mean come on.

so..

i put my money on 4 days , enough for him to prove he was out for a month -.-
(1 day = 1week in dwarra time you know)

Rep:
Level 89
Relax.. it's just a forum..
He won't die in rl or something...  :?
Started RPG making once again!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
LOCKED IRONICALLY BE SILVERLINE LOL
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
lol, man this forum got popular all of a sudden, lol... Dwarra I apologize for my starting this topic, I think you are doing a GREAT job with your modding, when  I made this topic I was just frustrated because I had been getting good advice from my one topic, lol. So again I am sorry. Continue doing the great job you have been doing. ;) I am too used to forums with lots of spam (Christian Coders Network has a TON of spam... but that makes the topics fun, lol) so yeah... anyway. Please lock this topic (ironic huh???)... officially lock it I mean, lol. =P
Arc-Angel Entertainment

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
lol well dwara wont read this for about a week so by then itl be gone..so theres no need to apologize here...

Rep:
Level 89
lol, true... :D but I did it just in case, lol. ;)
Arc-Angel Entertainment

Rep:
Level 91
let's just say dwarra would read anything i find important.

otherwise knowen as:
dwarra would read it everytime you guys will make fools out of yourselves ;)

Rep:
Level 97
blueXx im pretty sure he doesnt want to read that much...

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
Yeah he'd be here all day if he read every stupid post on here.
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep:
Level 91
some people.. -.-
btw, it takes 10 minutes to read every post in a single day without commenting it dying forums alert -.-

Rep:
Level 89
lol, yeah... I usually read all of the new posts in less then 20 minutes.

BTW... blueXx I LOVE your new avatar... that is awesome, lol. ;)
Arc-Angel Entertainment

Rep:
Level 97
lords gamer is a pagean...even though his satanism score is higher than mine...which is impossible since i scored 100% on it...  :?  DONT JUDGE ME!

Rep:
Level 89
:O_o: Woah! Dr_Swordopolis, I hope I misread what you put, but I am highly offended. I am not a pagan, and nor am I a satanist... I am a very devoted Christian, and hate satan. So please, before you say anything like that again... Please... know me before you say stuff. Like I said I was highly offended at that post... If you were joking, that is a bad joke... and if I misread it, I am sorry... :O_o:
Arc-Angel Entertainment

Rep:
Level 97
you misread it
satanism isnt the believing in satan, its the believing in supperiority in urself than others

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Dr_Swordopolis
you misread it
satanism isnt the believing in satan, its the believing in supperiority in urself than others

That's what satan wants you to think. Christianity

Satanism

there's a reson those words are in there. :wink:
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Yea i believe there was a RELIGION topic, though...

oh wait.. I LOCKED IT OMG

*LOCKED*