RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I need help with party and animations and 1 request

Rep:
Level 88
Allow me to create a world for you.
I have an event that adds a character to my party but unfortunately I'm unable to use her. It doesn't show her in menu either. Also I'm having trouble animating lights, like fires, it doesn't change graphics and when it does it changes to a different picture altogether; also when i try to animate it my character won't move, i want him to move at the same time as the fire.

If ne1 would, would you make me an entire character of the grim reaper and make a scythe for him, i plan to use him as a secret character. Thanks to anyone who helps.

Im using Rpg Maker Xp. And currently have 10 characters (not including reaper).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 12:16:37 AM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Looking For Casual Work (I work a full time job)~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
For your first problem, i dont think a party can have more than 4 characters, so check that

I think you should make a parellel thing for the second one
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Like he said, you can't have more than 4 characters in a party without the proper script, and a CMS that supports more than 4 characters.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
cms=common menu system i think
AMS= advance menu system, the one constance made cant hold more than 2 in the menu so get a script from some other side like Arrowone told, rmrk.org or something.
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Custom Menu System

and

Advanced Message System
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
so where do i find the script on rmrk.org? or could someone make one similar to the one on final fantasy 7? I think somones doing that for someone. might be a different forum, neways what do u mean parellel? like parellel process? and how do i do that?  Also is postality knights better than just plain Rpg Maker Xp? and if i get postality knights how do i transfer my game from RMXp to PK?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:22:04 PM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I can't vouch for the legal version of RMXP, but most people seem to prefer it over PK.

Rep:
Level 88
well i DLed  it neways but can't transfer my game to it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Theres already at least one topic asking for how to open a legal version game with PK. Use the search button.

Rep:
Level 88
the other posts say u cant but i did, just open game on legal ctrl+c the maps and paste in PK. anyways ill put out my demo V1.0. Now how do i make the end of an event started battle transport you elsewhere?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:15:29 AM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

Rep:
Level 89
cms=common menu system i think
AMS= advance menu system, the one constance made cant hold more than 2 in the menu so get a script from some other side like Arrowone told, rmrk.org or something.
wow, kinda sad to see a guy with almost 1000 posts make a mistake like that
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 88
How do i make it rain? i tried but no rain and my charcter won't move!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
There's no need for the common event.
Replace the Control Switches event line with the Set Weather Effects line in the common event.

Rep:
Level 88
Could you be more specific, I'm an Rpg noob if you havnt noticed. You make it confusing when u say i don't need the common event then u say switch the switch and the common event around....so could you explain a bit more so i can understand a little better?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:09:53 PM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

Rep:
Level 89
wow you use common events and switches but you don't know how to set weather effects....

anyway, 2nd tab in the events, right column, 6th button from the top
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

Rep:
Level 88
i know that but it causes my charcter to stop moving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

Rep:
Level 89
its this simple

V

Rep:
Level 88
except that would end the rain, I want it to rain continuously.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

Rep:
Level 89
works fine for me

Rep:
Level 88
my bad didnt set it to parallel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
No, you only need to activate it inside an event. There is no need for a parallel process.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
weather only goes away when you make an event that sets weather effects to none