RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mariofan0 Is In Need Of Help - Help Thread

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Great another problem...

well now I'm just ticked off that now I have to create another thread. I suppose from now on I'll be posting for in this thread with my event related problems.

I will not resubmit my previous help requests but I will continue posting any needed help here in this thread.

ok my newest problem is I'm trying to spawn an event based on how many monsters I kill. the problem is that the monsters I kill are not added to the variable I set for them and the event doesn't spawn when it should is it not probable that the variable is not being set.

I would greatly appreciate any help on the problem.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:35:35 PM by Mariofan0 »
I'm The Biggest Mario fanatic This Side Of The Mushroom Kingdom.

Currently Working On:Tale's Of Destiny:The 7 Book's Of Fate

Rep:
Level 87
posting what you've done to try and change the variable would be helpful.

Are your monsters events on the map, or are they unseen encounters?
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

it looks like this

I put this under the monster group.
Page 1
If Monster_1 is below 0% hp...
+1 to Variable_1

Page 2
If Monster_2 Is below 0% hp...
+1 to Variable_1

Yes I named everything but uhh this is probably the easiest way to understand it.

All frequency's are set to turn.

once Variable_1 = More than 8
Event_1 activates.

most of the events have common pieces to them...

Start Battle
Erase Event

Page 2 for these have nothing and is activated by a switch. which means they dont respawn.

Rep:
Level 87
What happens if you change it to 1% or below?

I wonder if the battle script removes the enemy once HP <= 0, so that tab will never be executed.

You could always add a Show Text as the first line in the tab, which would confirm that - then of course remove it again once you know.

It is also possible that the event thats supposed to spawn another enemy is set to the wrong variable...

umm yea it works now...

but umm I'll be posting for more help in this thread if I require any more help.
so nobody close it kk...

New problem...

I have a move event action placed in one of my events

I want the event to stop untill the event has stopped moving... in other words no message boxes pop up while its moving. I've tryed switches, cycles, and Labels. combining cycles and switches, or labels and switches. seems to freeze the game and leave a message box open...

I also have an event that moves at the end of the event... however it only moves 1-2 spaces when it should be moving 3... I haven't really tryed to fix this as its unimportant.

Any help on it would be nice...

Rep:
Level 87
Have you used the Wait for Move's Completion command? (right under the Set Move Route)

Rep:
Level 83
Okay so going by what I could figure out in your post if you don't want another sequence of events to trigger until the character stops moving then you need to add the 'wait for move's completion' command in.

For arguments sake using move and a text box it would look somthing like this.

Set Move Route: Player
                       $> Right
                       $> Right
                       $> Right

Wait for moves completion        (Now the player will stop walking before he speaks.)
Text: Why am I going right? I want to go left.
Set Move Route: Player
                       $> Left
                       $> Left
                       $> Left

Wait for moves completion

Also I've found that if a character won't walk as far as you want them to and the event seems to get stuck it means that you are trying to make them walk further on screen than possible.

Let's say you want you set your character to walk 3 spaces towards a wall then walk upwards 6. But when you play that your character walks towards the wall and stops. Check this part. Most likely there are only 2 spaces till your character reaches the wall so until you delete the extra walking space it won't work.

If you see anyone using Stand_Still as their user name then tell me. This is my logo that I created in 2006. Mine you tell me, mine. (c) 2006

there Is nothing in the events way I checked and double checked it it probably has something more to do with the fact that he moves as the event ends he manages to move down one space fine its the other two that seem to be skipped I figure its gotta be that the event ends before he finishes his movements. so I think I should add the wait command to both of them.

I'm guessing this is the most likely cause and I'll get back to you guys on how it went.

Rep:
Level 87
Not sure if this is the case here, but if your event has tabs and he's half way through moving when the condition for the next tab becomes true, he'll stop moving.

eg - Tab 1:  Set move route (down, down, down)
 Set Self Switch A ON

Tab 2 (conditioned by self switch A)

He won't actually move - or maybe just one step.  In this case, a Wait for Move's Completion just after the Set Move Route would solve this problem too.

Now all I have to do is find the wait for moves completion action as I can't seem to find the button under the move menu or the event menu

the closest thing I could find was stop parallel events which I'm not confident that would work. the only other thing I could find was the wait action which does me no good since it only has the ability to wait frames...

It's not in the move event or the event pages as far as I can tell however I do know that my RPG maker seems to use different terms when describing actions so...

Rep:
Level 87
It's on tab 2 of the event commands.  First column, last option in the top group.

from the top:
Transfer Player
Set Event Location
Scroll Map
Change Map Settings
Change Fog Color Tone
Change Fog Opacity
Show Animation
Change Transparent Flag
Set Move Route
Wait for Move's Completion
(gap)
Prepare for Transition
Execute Transition

It says Move all for me... any idea on why it would say that.
I can tell its the right one though because its right under the event move action used to move events.

Rep:
Level 87
if it has no parameters that you need to enter (you just click the button and it puts the command in without further prompting) then it's probably the right one.

No idea why it says something different.  Are you using a hacked RMXP where someone's provided a not-so-good translation?

Possibly...

I really would pay for it but I has no money so...
once I get the money I will end up paying for it at some point...

for now though don't ask don't tell so to speak.

Just finished the test run though it works perfectly.

Thanks again...

(I am such a meat head.)

I'm getting an error now... great a new problem...

I was attempting to erase alot of information in the database and rewrite it...
once I was done I checked most of the event's for any bug's related to the modifications I made...

I keep getting this new error...

Script 'GameBattle_Action' line 62:no method error occured

Undefined method `scope' for nil:Nilclass

It probably means that I forgot to do something related to the switch.
but I'm unsure of what exsactly.

the error occurs ether when a particular party member joins or when that member attacks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:57:49 PM by Mariofan0 »

Rep:
Level 87
if you're still using the default script (you haven't imported / replaced it with a custom battle system), line 62 of Game_BattleAction is referring to the scope of a skill.

Sounds like someone's using a skill that you've deleted :)

ALWAYS backup your database prior to making large-scale changes like you've done.

Fixed it.

must have missed that problem.

I then double checked the rest of the database to see if anything else yea there where other things that could cause it so I fixed them too...

anyways thanks for the help... again...

New Problems.

One of my monster's Gets knocked out when I don't want it to I want it to enter a transformed state instead is there any way to make sure that when you kill it it does not get knocked out but instead makes a full recovery and transforms?

another problem Is my Inn won't fade out then in when I use it. it also won't play a little tune when It gets used. I set it so it should fade out and in like its supposed to but it won't do anything except heal your party and take 10 gold.

Rep:
Level 87
do you include a wait for X seconds between the fade out and fade in?  Not sure about the tune, unless you also have two tunes that play one after the other.

For the monster - you MAY have to do some scripting to handle that case.  Though I have recently seen an "Immortal" setting in one of the enemy/troop or similar tabs somewhere.  I haven't experimented with that, but maybe that's where you should look.  Or give them a much greater MAXHP and do the transform at a higher HP.

For example, if the monster is 10000 MAXHP and you want them to transform when they hit 0HP, change the MAXHP to 90000 and transform them when they hit 80000. 

It seem's the inn should work now...

the only problem Is preventing the monster from being knocked out before an event occurs...

I don't want to raise the monster's HP as that would be a dumb move due to the party's initial stats.

By the way the monster only has 15 HP...

and no 15 is not a typo I lowered the stats massively including with characters, weapons, Armor, and Monsters.

If I raise the HP any higher the stats will be too high for the first fight and the fight's you could have in the woods. Oh and If you would like to actually see images of my game in progress click here...

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33858.0.html

Sorry No video though but it give's you a pretty good idea as to what I've been up to...

Rep:
Level 87
Check out the Immortal setting then, and figure out what it does.  Maybe that'll make the monster hang around at 0HP and you can do the transform.  You'd just want to be sure then that the monster it transforms into can be killed and starts off with some more HP.