RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] A few questions

Is there a way to make a character dance? Also is there a way to ride somthing and tame animals.

Edit: Im using Rpg Maker XP by the way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 01:52:57 PM by Zeriab »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Yes. It is all done with events. Check out some tutorials on basic switches and variables. Then experiment a little.
Sig by MacGravel

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Simplest wya to dance i can think of is to just set their movements, and make\time them to dance-ish...but to change their graphics and stuff is hard without 'dance' sprites.  I'm not using dancin' in my game so i don't really need to know as it goes....but i have alcohol that makes you........drunk  ;D

Rep:
Level 86
but i have alcohol that makes you........drunk  ;D

And we all care about that. yeah why don't you tell the entire message board, no wait post this in topics that have nothing to do with drinking or being drunk to further your pattern of off topic posting.

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
No need to be rude RyuGigas, he was just telling him a possibility with events.

But like Brady said, setup an event that once you reach the place you have to dance you change the graphic and activate a switch that sets the moving (dancing).

Not sure if that helps because I don't really know when you want him to dance.

When idle or as an event (cutscene, etc.)?
Sig by MacGravel

Well I was trying to get it to dance when you press a certain button D for an example. Thank you. I have one more question if you dont mind. I was wondering how you can get your enemies to transform more then once, since I have tried and I got that it transforms once and gets health back after it gets 50% damage delt but I was wondering how you can do that again so it transforms maybe 3-4 times.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:10:41 PM by muplah »

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Just set more battle conditions in the Database.

For instance you already have it when he gets down to 50 percent he transforms, now make a new page in the Troops tab for that monster. On the next page set a different condition. Lather, rinse, and repeat for as many conditions it is you want.

Try it out.
Sig by MacGravel

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
To deepen your knowledge over these things, it is best not to ask but learn.
Check out the Tutorial Database and learn the stuff you are interested in.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
@ Ryugigas> as ChaosSpartan said, my post was on-topic, related to sprite movements in-game.  He could easily have set it to do the same thing as my alcohol event, but more organised for a dance event, so you're the only one off-topic here....

@ muplah > i thought you meant out-of-battle.  I'm not sure about in-battle, but on map, you could set a switch-item, or even put the event with a key inputting trigger, so that whenever [player] clickies [combination of keys] then [hero] does a lil' dance.  Although, again, not sure if that's even possible in battle...doubt it though....

Rep:
Level 86
@ Ryugigas> as ChaosSpartan said, my post was on-topic, related to sprite movements in-game.  He could easily have set it to do the same thing as my alcohol event, but more organised for a dance event, so you're the only one off-topic here....

Pointing out that you're off-topic isn't off-topic, it's meant to help the topic stay on course.

On Topic:

Yeah if you want it to look alot more like dancing and less like 4 directional movements you'll have to make some sprites that illustrate more advanced movements... Probably a bit difficult, but if your current sprites aren't too complex, I'm sure it's quite doable.

Thank you all so much!

Rep:
Level 86
No problem.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
@ RyuGigas > chill out, dude.  Go getsome of my in-game alcohol and relax.....

@ muplah > only hope we helped

Yeah you guys helped soo much! I got my horse riding working and I got the monster transformation working althought its very buggy. And I cant get the dancing to work when pressed a button only during a clip scene.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
If i might ask, how did you get the horse riding / transformation working?  Are these mid-battle events?

Also, did you try using key-input events for the dancing? 

I don't know how successful that'd be, cuz i'm using rm2k3 (i think you said you're on rmxp?) so i may be using out-of-date ideas next to scripting and the like....

For the riding I just added an even on player touch to change character graphic to the vehicle I am pretty sure its not the best way but its simple. And for the transforming I just added sub battles so when you get half the damage delt to him it goes to next battle. And the dancing I am just not sure on how to add key input so I am going to try to find a tutorial on that.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Sounds easy enough.  Hope you don't mind if i might use that myself?

On rm2k3 the key input option i on the event options page 3 if i remember correctly, but i'm not totally sure how to work it myself, never needed to.  For my alcohol i had it as a switch item with character movements set.  Tutrial's probably best for that one.  There should be a dancing one around somewhere

Of course you can use it its pretty simple, and yeah I found the key input but cant use it =(