RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dash button

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I am making a dash button when you press A he moves faster, and it seens that it isn't working. Heres what i put down so far

Common Event

Name: Dash
Trigger: Parrallel
Trigger Switch: 0001: Dash on

<>conditional Branch: Key A pushed
  <>Move event:: Player
  :                  :<>Change speed: 5
  <>
:  Else Handler
  <>Move Event:: Player
  :                  :<>Change speed:4
    <>
:  End
<>

New Event

Trigger: Parrell Process

<>Switch: [0001: Dash on] = ON

Can anyone tell me why its not working. Thanks

Rep:
Level 90
~
You have nothing that triggers the Dash switch and so thus nothing happens.

Rep:
Level 91
he did trigger the dash ~_~
well a. use auto start event, dash switch = on and erase event, it's better than using a para cause the switch only needs to be turned on once.

and b. A button is not A...
yeah i know it sounds weird, change it to L button and see if Q works (i am too lazy to check what A button is lol) if you still go problems upload a sample project and i'll have a look for you
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
~
Or press F1 and it lets you change all the keys

Do this while ingame

Oh yes, and 3 is normal speed, 4 is a bit fast, I tested.

Rep:
Level 91
3? you need to check again ~_~
if i recall right, it's 4, 3 is omg slow >>

Rep:
Level 89
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 91
jesse.. please avoid helping if you don't understand what you are doing, thanks.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
With the standard layout the buttons are as the following:

A: Shift, Z
B: Escape, X
C: Space, Enter, C
X: A
Y: S
Z: D
R: Page Down, W
L: Page Up, Q

Note: Don't do as Jesse 015 suggests.

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 90
Oh boy, I see where this is going, time for ThatsMyPie to step in and stop an argument before it starts.

Jesse, blue knows more about events than you and if you dont mind me saying I can point out a few things that was wrong with what you said.

Blue, just... ummmmm... dont post responding to mine or Jesses post lol.

There problem solved, now lets just live our lives in peace  :wink:

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 90
Look, your gonna get banned jesse, no doubt about it, now you are just being an idiotic noob! :evil:

You are purposly double posting, wait no, TRIPLE POSTING! Not even that.

Look, if you do get banned(which I hope) it will be one less noob to worry about!

Rep:
Level 89
i aint relpying, i would get banned then, i am sorry thatsmypie, i acting like a a**hole, and im real sorry to blueXx, i am a noob to u, and always will be, u r the best known person with events. :D

Rep:
Level 90
This is gonna be the last post I make here regarding this, Jesse, I just PM'ed a mod about your idiotic noobish behaviour! Now you can call me loads of stupid names "Snitch" "Grass" Watever you want, but I dont care, quite frankly I'll be glad to see the back of you (If I do that is :shock: )

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Quote from: Jesse 015
excuse me! i did know wat i was doing thank you very much :?

Whether you knew what you were doing or not doesn't matter as what you posted would not give the effect wanted by the author of this topic.
It's only logical to advise against it's usage as solution for a problem it will not solve hence my note.

I will try to tell you why what you did was wrong, but I may fail at this due to the many paradoxes you imposed.
Common Event

Name: Dash
Trigger: Parrallel
Trigger Switch: 0001: Dash on

<>conditional Branch: Key A pushed
  <>Move event:: Player
  :                  :<>Change speed: 5
  <>
:  Else Handler
   <>
   <>
:  End
   <>

You removed the Move event for the else handler.
This means, first time button pushed = dash forever. (The speed will not change when you release the button)
If you dash you move faster than your normal speed.
If you can't stop dashing it would be the same as just having a faster 'normal' speed thereby eliminating the need of dashing in the first place.

New Event

new event not needed, just plce the same event on everypage as a parelle event

I assume everypage mean every map as this is the only way I can make sense of your sentence.
So does that sentence mean something like:
"There's no need to create a new event, just place the same parallel event on every map"
If this not is true, please ignore the following:

FIRST: Do you see line with Trigger Switch: 0001: Dash on in the event you posted? (You most likely just copied, but assuming you didn't)
The parallel event will not do anything until you trigger that switch. Without a new event doing this...

How will it be done?
Through the debug-menu while playing the game from the editor is a way, but it is definitely not a good one as the clients playing will not be able to access the debug-menu. By clients I mean the users not playing it through the editor. Basically all playing an encrypted version of the game.

SECOND: You write it's a Common Event and it should be placed on every.
I am very curious about how to place a Common Event on every map.
In fact I am very curious about how to even place 1 Common Event on any given map. [/sarcasm]
It was specially this that made you look like you didn't know what you were talking about.

The funny thing about common events is their ability to work on every map without having to be placed on one.
All you have to do is to create your marvelous common event in the database, set the trigger to parallel and a trigger switch.
Then you can start/stop the common event anywhere on any map by just turn the switch on and off.

Edit: I didn't see how the posting evovled while writing this. :shock:

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
It's amazing how many people it takes to explain somthing so simple... lol
------------------------
The Scrolls of Time
------------------------
The final demo of the latest and
greatest action-rpg is here at last!
------------------------
Be among the first to experiance
what action battling in rm2k3
is really like!
-----------------------
Download the demo now at

http://www.bigupload.com/d=4609A0CB
------------------------

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Erm, LOCKED.  :O_o:

The author can PM me if he is still having trouble with this.
:tinysmile: