RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Team Olympus

Rep:
Level 87
Hello, this is a 'first post' so I might as well get out why I registered which was to spam a game I FINALLY finished. After toiling for a year and a half I think I'm obligated to post it somewhere with a population over five people, so here it is, Team Olympus. MADE IN RM2K, so don't expect anything expecially fancy.

Finished in the sense of there's a playable, full, plot with about six or seven hours of gameplay, however, I wouldn't really no as no one has ever completed it but me, and that's not real accurate. So I'd really appreciate feedback and bug reports. But there isn't much in the way of original graphics, music, or things like that, or even many sidequests and non-needed towns. So a few locations don't work, but I'll be adding them soon.

Team Olympus
Download: http://www.wombatrpgs.frih.net/phpBB2/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=5
The world is a different place. There is no struggle, no violence, no war. Conflict is in books, and nowhere else. And books are read by children, and no one else. In a longing for a world of monsters and magic, there is almost a subculture of kids about 13-17 practicing old martial arts, and training in the art of Psy, a new force like no other. One group of four imparticular works hard and trains often. This is Team Adventure. For them, its more than a game. They create a new world for themselves in the books and in the arts.
It only takes a dimensional rift or two to get things started.

Its basically a modern-era RPG. You control TA as the main hero party, but throughout the story gain command of about eight other characters. The battle system is different from the classic RM2K in a ways, by having you control all of the characters at once. You recieve what monsters are in what groups, and send out groups of heroes to attack each. Oh well, you'll have to see it. Also it features a very complex Flying Mountain, on which you traverse the world map. From the mountain you organize teams, purchase items, save the game, and a few other things. It's a pretty neat battle system as well as the mountain, but I haven't had the time to add a GUI to it yet.

The game might be slow and very dull in the beginning, I admit, but it could have been a lot worse. You don't see the battle system until after the first temple, and the plot is seriously lacking until then as well. So please don't give up after the Fire Temple. And later in the game, the challenges become really complex with light refraction challenges, DDR style movement games, a whole seperate adventure-style system, and a lot more.

The graphics in here are mostly RTP. (Heck, I didn't even bother changing around the title screen.) However, a few areas have original stuff. All temple graphics are based off of Mack's work at GamingGroundZero, with a few extras added in by myself and bob_esc. The music is all from VGmusic.com, but I can't list the authors of the individual pieces as I used about 75 in all 320 maps. The problem mainly with resources is I sacrificed graphical quality for length of the game. I'd still be doing this if I wanted the all-custom music, chipsets, etc.

So, here are your basic characters, (I'm not going to list all playable characters as I'm too lazy, so you get the basic four. The rest of TA is described in the intro.)

Solo
Wields Swords, Master Weapons, Staves, Maces
Your starting character. He's a little paranoid, a little quiet, but a natural leader. He's not officialy the leader of Team Adventure, but looked up to. He founded TA and is immersed in books, legends, and dreams of a world of bravery and grandeur.

Kojn
Wields Backswords, Bows, Blasters
An outgoing and friendly girl. She's accomplished in Psy but a bit fumbly and careless. A bit arrogant and naive, almost opposite of Solo, but they generally get along. Basically a generic female lead healer. Sorry, I stink at characterization.

Mono
Wields Axes, Maces, Blasters
A technical, overthinking, kid. Basically, a nerd. He likes to make crazy inventions out fo spare parts, but something always goes wrong. He loves chess and any other game where he can try and test his strategy against others. He's got a biomechanical arm and wields firearms. (Wait, sorry, I haven't added anywhere to buy those yet, eventually you'll make them in his house.)

Kave
Wields Backswords, Claws, Spears
A hot-temperred fencer, although she's the most physically adept. She has little tolerance for any 'phony' behavior and really detests intellectuals. For this reason she gets bad grades which in turn leads to more rather rebellious behavior. Nothing ticks her off more than Group Quest, a rival gang of kids set up to contest Team Adventure.

So there you have it, a substandard array of characters. Oh well, the later ones are more interesting, especially Chip and Specter. They might be a bit generic, but I guess it could be worse. And now for the mandatory screen shots...

Battling a sentry for control of a bridge in Cloud World.

Racing the Burnout's airship with the flying mountain in the infinite sands.

Part of the openning cutscene....

Racing around the Shades in the Shadow Temple. Sorry its a bit hard to see...

So there you have it, Team Olympus. 320 maps, 700 switches, 150 variables. Hopefully its not TOO horrible... Oh, and you'll need the English RM2K RTP, if your don't have it already. But its available almost eveywhere, but here's a link: http://rpgmaker.thaiware.com/download/. Somewhere in there, in Thai...

Oh and the links lead to my webpage if you'd like to see more of my work. It's a site sort of like this one, a bit more random and beginner, and for RM2K mainly. But whatever. Its kind of small. http://www.wombatrpgs.frih.net
When Wombats Strike!
WombatRPGs - RPG design and Discussion
-And Team Olympus beta test now open!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Seems like a cool concept. I will download and give it a try.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks a lot, although after sampling the quality of most of these games, I really have nothing on any of them... But I guess its worth a shot. Thinking about repackagaing the later (and better) temples into something different and shorter to make use of good puzzles in a non-lousy plot.
When Wombats Strike!
WombatRPGs - RPG design and Discussion
-And Team Olympus beta test now open!