RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which Final Fantasy do you like best?

Poll

What's your favorite game of the series?

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
They all suck.
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV: Online
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Fuck 4HOL. If I wanted a "classic JRPG experience", then I'd play one of the many rereleases of I-VI.

But I'm a TRPG fan, so the Tactics games are my favourites by a landslide.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Don't be so quick to judge Four Heroes, it's actually a really good game from what everyone's been saying about it.

Rep:
Level 75
My favourites would be FFXIII for its characters, storytelling and gameplay, FFXII for its characters and gameplay, FFVI for everything.

Honorable mention goes to FFT and FFX-2.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
6 and 9. I get to choose two because their the same number, but upside down.

Also, off topic (kinda). Why do you people say that the Mount Gagazet Seymour fight is easy? I had a party of- (AD=Average damage)
Yuna
HP 3k
AD 3k

Auron
HP 5k
AD 4k

Rikku
HP 3k
AD 2.5k

He would get three turns in a row, and he used them to cross blade me, killing Yuna and Rikku. Auron would survive, but then he would use lance of something, and full revive to insta-kill Auron...  :mad:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
ALRIGHT WHICH OF YOU FAGES CHOSE 14 AS YOUR FAVORITE. :mad:

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
VI was simply one of the most outstanding games of that generation.

IX was really cool, too, because it hearkened back to the earlier days of... y'know... constraints?

Tactics was my final pick, but I don't really know why. It might've had good music, and it might've also had Calculators. For that matter, it might've had coked up stimulus monkeys. I can't remember. But it was a good game nonetheless.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I have been playing 12- I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I just got to the Phon Lighthouse and for some reason... I have no drive to continue. I'll turn on the game but then I get my file loaded and I just feel like... "Why?"

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I loved Crystal Chronicles.

Way too much.

I still play it.

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
I can't say which is "THE BEST", but I enjoyed FFX a lot out of the ones I played.  :3  I remember playing one of the early NES ones as a child, but I don't remember liking it well enough to become a fanatic like I did with zelda.

FF12 was....ehhhh.  I've played it twice.  D:  And both times I ended up thinking...well, it was alright, but hurrrrgh.  I think it would have been a lot better if it was about Balthier and Fran, or Basch, like it was originally intended to be.  I always found it laughable how Vaan was just sort of...there, and even when asked, he had no reason as to why he was just magically there.  He was like the FF Aladdin.  D: Street-ratting around with some opium-induced old pimp man.  (You can't say he's not..he was always surrounded by sluts.)

FF9 was good too <3  Though I didn't actually play it, but I watched my fiance play it :3  And while I never finished it, I did enjoy the Tactics ones. 

My favorite gameplay was actually in FFX-2, though I was not fond of the charlie's angels themed storyline at all.  D:< 

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Completely agree with all of your points on 12, 100%. Though I liked old Dalan, heh. I think his voice actor was excellent.

Rep:
Level 83
FF XIV FTW!!!!!!!!

Not really.
My favorite is a tie between VII and VIII.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
My favorites are all the old games. Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IX.

The new ones aren't very good, except FF12. I enjoyed it xD
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 71
Current project: Legend of Chaos (RMXP)
To be completely honest, I've only played 1 through 6, and 8. I've skipped 7 and haven't been able to play it to this date (I don't have a console, and I assume the game is outdated for my PC), and I simpily haven't bought 9 and up. I played 11 for about a week as well-- But then I quit, and the bastards scammed me for several months worth of subscription fees, because they didn't realise that I had unsubbed due to a "management error". (Yea, right.)

Anywho, back on topic. In my opinion, Final Fantasy 6 is the best in the series! It's got the most developed storyline, the gameplay appeals to me the most, and it has many diverse characters that each have different special abilities. Not to mention that Dancing Mad is downright epic, and Kefka is one of my favorite video game villains of all time! A nigh-perfect game, if you ask me.

Then again, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest has by far better music then the other games... But considering the game just downright bores me as I play it, it's not something I'd vote as number 1.  ;)

Progression
Story: 13%
Characters: 25%
Classes: 25%
Map: 0%
Demo: 0%

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you know leophard I bet we could set you up with an emulator for 7 and 9.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I only played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance all the way through, but I still feel like this game is one of my favorites.

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
I love Final Fantasy VI the best.  I wish they would remake it with updated graphics and acoustic/symphonic soundtracks.  I love the music from it.  Aria Di Mezzo Carattere is fantastic and there are so many nice acoustic versions.  I remember a while back someone used  FFVI graphics on (RM2k?) to make a game.

I stopped playing at FFXII because the music became less exciting and the original team broke up.  The playability became less bearable and the story less interesting.  I even tried FFXI but MMORPGs are just too time consuming and the story line is, well either really lost or you have to build quickly to keep up with it.
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep:
Level 71
you know leophard I bet we could set you up with an emulator for 7 and 9.

I'd love that! I already tried finding those a few times, but in the end I never downloaded any because I was afraid it'd contain a virus...  :P

Progression

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why does everyone wish for updated graphics? for fucks sake it's just GRAPHICS who CARES. biggest pet peeve. High res models in a 3d game that was originally low res? sure. Remakes are never JUST remakes. they always feel the need to add something that didn't need to be added. can you imagine FF7 with 3d areas? do you realize how much of the original art design would get tossed in the trash if it lost those 2d backgrounds?

I mean look at those DS ports of old FF games. they may be decent, but they aren't even REMOTELY the same game. Same Story? sure. but jesus christ the old game is still there, why the fuck does it need a remake. this goddamn clamoring for remakes is annoying as fuck and just pisses me off.

Edit: Leophard: there's a subforum for that sort of thing I recently snagged a few emulators from my old computer (I forgot they were on the working hard drive! I was THRILLED when I found them again.) I was thinking of uploading these emulators as there's not really a good spot to get them anymore (one was discontinued in 2000 when sony bought the rights to the emulator so they could shut it down)

If you can't find the Forum you probably don't have the required number of posts. shouldn't take too long though, i forget the exact number but it's low.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:42:45 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I want an updated FF VI as well. That's my favorite one, and I don't understand why they remake IV so much, but haven't even touched VI.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
probably because iv sucked and they really wanted to fix it

remember that chick that was lost at sea 6 hours ago now she's 10 years older and totally hot isn't that awesome but now she's dead again along with 4 other people in your party THE END

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
why does everyone wish for updated graphics? for fucks sake it's just GRAPHICS who CARES. biggest pet peeve. High res models in a 3d game that was originally low res? sure. Remakes are never JUST remakes. they always feel the need to add something that didn't need to be added. can you imagine FF7 with 3d areas? do you realize how much of the original art design would get tossed in the trash if it lost those 2d backgrounds?

I mean look at those DS ports of old FF games. they may be decent, but they aren't even REMOTELY the same game. Same Story? sure. but jesus christ the old game is still there, why the fuck does it need a remake. this goddamn clamoring for remakes is annoying as fuck and just pisses me off.

You know they did it very nicely with FFIV,  I loved that game, and if it wasn't for remakes of FFII and III, I would never have played them, they would never have left Japan.  But sure I understand your frustration.  You don't need to loose a lung over it though. ^-^
coming soon to a pc near you

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Strike is the forum resident angry guy.
I once attempted to take his place. It ended badly.

Anyway, if they remake games, they shouldn't add stuff to it. That's a different game. The only reasons they should remake games are to translate it into another language, put it on another platform, or (in extremely rare circumstances) add content that was originally intended to be in the game. Even when adding a new game to a series, they shouldn't fucking change the graphics THAT dramatically. Did you see the newest Spyro games (I doubt it)? I fell in love with the half-pixelly purple dragon that hardly ever talked, not a rendered 2.5d dragon that won't shut the fuck up. That's just a blatant example, but it happens all the time.
I haven't done one of those in a while!
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71

Actually, I think the classic Final Fantasy IV was the second best in the series... It had many interesting characters with their own unique mechanics, and the storyline was well developed and thought through. The only dissapointment was that the final boss just shows up out of nowhere...

Anywho, I've never played the DS version, so I can't really give an opinion about that. What I will say about revamps though, is that they often have a habit of being worse then the original...

Progression

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I've played a lot of excellent remakes in my time. I don't know why they have dispersions cast upon them.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

Actually, I think the classic Final Fantasy IV was the second best in the series... It had many interesting characters with their own unique mechanics, and the storyline was well developed and thought through. The only dissapointment was that the final boss just shows up out of nowhere...

Anywho, I've never played the DS version, so I can't really give an opinion about that. What I will say about revamps though, is that they often have a habit of being worse then the original...
Yeah, it wasn't really that bad, especially in terms of gameplay. I just have a personal grudge against it because I really didn't care for the story, or the way they handled their characters at all.

:tinysmile::tinysmile: