RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which Final Fantasy do you like best?

Poll

What's your favorite game of the series?

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
They all suck.
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV: Online
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
No, not a remake, but a new game using the old "rules" if you will. For example, the original character classes that you could upgrade, buying spells insted of just knowing them at the next level up, junk like that. Point being, you get to make a lot of the choices of character skill development and such that today's games took from you. Not that you can't customise your characters, but many seem pre-fab, as deep and well written as they may be. I guess it would be really difficult to incorporate cinematic cutscenes and the like without having a perdetermined cast and script, and with today's technology game developers are pushing for hotter graphics, voice acting and pre-written characters that suit the storytelling, but sometimes I wonder if it could be done and if so, how to do it while still making the game marketable.
:tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
A mish-mash of all the good qualities of the 2D games would be better. I hated FF1's class system, it was shit. FF5 job system go get.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
A mish-mash of all the good qualities of the 2D games would be better.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say! Most of what made FF memorable to me came out in the 2d games, with the exceptions of the materia system in VII and the junctioning and Triple Triad game in VIII.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I dunno..I kinda prefer set characters with set skills. Some customization of course, but I'd like to have the big, buff guy be a better knight than the little scrawny teenage girl.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I dunno..I kinda prefer set characters with set skills. Some customization of course, but I'd like to have the big, buff guy be a better knight than the little scrawny teenage girl.

The glory of 2D is that you can make them all look the same and leave the 'real' appearance up to the player. I don't think they could have masked Fairs being a girl in 3D very well what with the nude scene and all. But you do have a point and I'll just leave it at that.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

The glory of 2D is that you can make them all look the same and leave the 'real' appearance up to the player.

Yes! And that is why they were called Role playing games!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
So basically you want FF9?

But yes V was great, I liked it over VI.

IX is the best in my opinion, it's like a modernised classic. Then VII, just cause it's amazing and you know it. Then V. The rest I haven't finished.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
If I had tp pick just ONE of the franchise to take to a desterted island and play forever, something most representative of the whole ball of wax, I'd pick Tactics.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I just want the series to get a little darker, and want their characters to show more dimension.

I want Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:19:17 PM by Brandon Boyd »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Motion Carried!

Rep:
Level 82
EVERY. SINGLE. TACTICS. GAME. EVER. MADE.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
This topic was better off dead :mad:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It was probably found because that other guy made a "Best 'Fina' Fantasy Game Ever" or whatever and this guy followed the locked topic to here.

And, question: FFVI is meaning the one with Kefka and Terra?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ty <3 Getting that for my PSP :3

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Intellligent post every blue moon.
All of them up to the one with Cloud in it.

Rep:
Level 82
Can you name all the characters? PM me :D
Final Fantasy X-2 cause of its awesome story and soundtrack
Final Fantasy XII cause of being a great fun game.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 cause the first game was brilliant!
P.P.P.P.P.P. (Proper, Planning, Prevents,P*ss,Poor,Performance)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
Doing a super bump on this due to some new Final Fantasy titles that have recently come out. I think I'm more or less up to date with the releases, minus the individual Crystal Chronicles titles, SaGa series, Chocobo series, and titles yet to come like Versus XIII. We now have Final Fantasy XIII (March 2010), Final Fantasy XIV: Online (September 2010), and Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (October 2010) added to the list.

Pretty much everyone knows about Final Fantasy XIII, there was a lot of talk about it when it came out this past spring as the first Final Fantasy title on the PS3. When Cocoon City is threatened, six warriors choose by destiny must choose between saving mankind and saving themselves.

Final Fantasy XIV: Online came out somewhat as a surprise since they haven't even finished working on Versus XIII yet... but maybe they should have waited a bit more considering how badly it seems to have turned out. Only got a 4 out of 10 from GameSpot.

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light was released last year in Japan for the Nintendo DS, and has just recently made it's way to the rest of the world. It's "a classic fantasy RPG using today's technology", letting players feel the warm nostalgia of old-school while still keeping it fresh with the new.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
WOOOOOOO FIRST TO VOTE FOR XIII

I thought the story was compelling and incredibly well written for a damn videogame. I loved almost all of the characters by the end of it- even Hope, who I -hated- at first. I loved battles despite being so heavily autonomous. It's not that you're not fighting- it's that you're fighting in a different way. You're commanding. It's the difference between being the foot soldier and the general who directs him, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, if you view the game as an interactive movie, rather than an RPG, I think it's probably a lot more fulfilling.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but it was meant to be an RPG, ahaha. But viewing it as an interactive movie does seem more accurate simply based on what I've heard about the game. Also, I think FFXIV is getting a lot of hate because they expect it to be the next WoW or something; they really need to give it a couple of months to let it patch, fix things, and improve the system. Although I can't really say for sure because I haven't played it, and crap shouldn't be released even if they plan to patch it in the future.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Being stuck on the amount of time and monthly cash flow I have invested in WoW, online FF will likely not make it into my game schedule- I have little free time as it is anymore. Maybe if I was single and independantly wealthy... oh well.

If you were to look at the game I'm designing (plug plug) you'll see a lot of the features that I thought made the series good with the glaring omission of customisable character skills. It was the immersive world and the storytelling, a story of heroism and sometimes sacrifice, that I loved.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Final Fantasy XIV: Online came out somewhat as a surprise since they haven't even finished working on Versus XIII yet... but maybe they should have waited a bit more considering how badly it seems to have turned out. Only got a 4 out of 10 from GameSpot.

Completely different team made it, it wasn't a surprise on like 'bam here's a game,' it's been in development for a very long time.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Four Heroes of Light is great, in my opinion. I love the crazy artstyle and its homage-y gameplay. It's way better than 13 or 14... combined.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I've yet to try that flavor of soda. I should look for a rom later...