RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Doomsday theory

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Zone Of The End
Pluto's Kiss is a catastrophic event that is going to take place on December 24. On that day, all computers connected to the Internet will crash simultaneously around the globe. Additionally, all networked computer and communication network control systems are shut down.

In the United States, the automatic retaliatory systems malfunctioned, in a short time reaching a point of crisis. 77 minutes later, the global network was able to recover itself from the incident but the resulting chaos caused the United States' nuclear defence and automated counter-strike systems to be armed.

It was later discovered that the virus creator was a ten year old elementary school student, living in San Francisco, California. Since his/her identity is unknown, it is not known if he/she was arrested or escaped.

The incident was so damaging that United States President George Bush later resigned from office in January after taking full responsibility for the incident.

From that point on, ALTIMIT OS became the only major operating system in the world; this is credited to its remarkable stability.

--- A fictional story from the .Hack Universe edited by me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:23:38 AM by boe »
I don't prove anything to anyone!

Rep:
Level 90
...yes and tommorow its gonna start raining dogs?
Tell me you dont believe this crap XD!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
 :|

I'm moving this to Creativity Outlet unless you can give me a reason why it belongs in Intelligent Debate.
:tinysmile:

Umm,Why does it belong in creativty Outlet?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Because he created a "story".

--- A fictional story from the .Hack Universe edited by me.

Most likely it will end up being locked and moved to spam, but I thought I'd give him a chance to explain himself.  :|
:tinysmile:

Zone Of The End
Pluto Kiss is part of the background story that takes place in the .Hack universe. This computer virus was able to disable the entire internet and cause the US Defence Systems to malfunction! Although many of you will deny that this story might come true, still the chance is pretty good that this might happen, the world increased dependency on the internet will be its downfall.

Do you realize that most internet connections are made by computers.YOU CANT DESTROY THE INTERNET WITHOUT DESTRYOYING THE COMPUTER FIRST.Duh!!

Zone Of The End
all computers connected to the Internet will crash simultaneously around the globe. Additionally, all networked computer and communication network control systems are shut down.

In the United States, the automatic retaliatory systems malfunctioned, in a short time reaching a point of crisis. 77 minutes later, the global network was able to recover itself from the incident but the resulting chaos caused the United States' nuclear defence and automated counter-strike systems to be armed.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Do you realize that most internet connections are made by computers.YOU CANT DESTROY THE INTERNET WITHOUT DESTRYOYING THE COMPUTER FIRST.Duh!!

While that makes sense, it's like saying -

"Just because my phone broke there's no global communication"

If the computer had crashed, yes your connection to the internet has been destroyed, but has the internet itself been destroyed? No.

While people can say that the internet is housed in personal servers accross the globe, that's not entirely true either. Those are just ways to add to the internet, Bonus Packs for the main game so-to-say. The internet has been and will always be a government-controlled global communications system.

So, this said, then theoreticly, a direct attack on the goverment controlled main server which houses the programming for the internet, would be more wise, for if done correctly, not only could you have the same disasterous effects, at the same time, the common-folk would only think their service provider was down. They would only figure out the connection was out globaly if either -

A) The government admitted their security backfired and cause mass-panic doing so
B) They spend weeks trying to fix their connection, randomly bring it up to a friend, they ask around, and it turns out everybody else has the same problem.

Giving the culprit plenty of time to escape, because the government loves keeping secrets and not causing mass-panic.

*wonders why he said this*
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
Yellowstone (supervolcanoe) will erupt soon. that maybe it!
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??