RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
So am I the only one experiencing this?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I thought the forums being moved were supposed to cause the almost daily crashes to stop, yet nearly everyday for the past week or two, there is some point in time where I can't get on here, because "the server cannot be found". I figured surely everyone else noticed this too, but no one has said anything, even after the forums have been down all day today.
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
;-;

Every time I've come here it's always been up. My server's had no downtime for a month and a half (apart form when I rebooted it a few days back), (basically as long as I've owned it). Getting a server not found message means your dns is failing to lookup the server's IP ><

RMRK has it's own dedicated IP adress; http://207.58.190.245 ~

Though all the links will point to rmrk.net and stuff, so if you can't load the domain then they won't work. All the images will try to load from there too.

You can permanently fix it by going to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc and opening the "hosts" file (the one with NO file extension) in notepad or something and adding this line (AFTER what's already there):

207.58.190.245 rmrk.net

Then just save it (make sure notepad doesn't slap a ".txt" on the end. And everything will work perfectly =0

RMRK.net is using my own nameservers, which are about a month old. I don't know how long nameservers take to propogate, though a month sounds very long.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:07:19 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
They need 72 hours max, don't they? ???

I've had the same problem, Silvy told me the same thing on IRC, it worx. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
You are not the only one. I'm having problems too.

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
You are not the only one. I'm having problems too.

same here, when I go from a bookmark link it fails abour 5% of the time, so I go to crankeye.com and then to fourms and it works 100% of the time
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
When it's not working for you, try both of these.

Go to start > run and type in "cmd" and press run.

Try both of these: "ping rmrk.net" just see if you get a reply and also

"tracert rmrk.net". Screenshot kthx. Pretty frustrating because it works perfectly for me every time I've come ;-; so I can't really test anything.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:56:31 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I haven't had any problems. Unitll now I didn't know that any one was having problems... Weird.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Same here. Oh well, at least there is one solution so far, rather than 0.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I was about to disagree with u until it happned to me a few moments ago.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
It happened to me again earlier today, but five minutes later it was fine. I did the thing Silverline said to do, and today was the first time it happened since I made this topic, so it must have just been a fluke. (Server busy, etc.)

Rep:
Level 102
My server's never been anywhere near even moderate load.

It's not a problem with the machine, it's a problem with you managing to reach it. I guess it's working ok for most people. ;-;
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 03:53:48 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Oh, I get it now, ha.

Well, considering the one time today is the first time in 2 days, rather than the multiple times daily, I'd say it was just my internet being stupid or something, and it probably won't happen anymore.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
So I'm going to assume problem fixed?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
This happened to me 3 times yesterday.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
To me as well.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
i hadn't been able to get on like at all the last two days cause cause of these errors.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I culdnt get on for bout 5 hours yesterday.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Hasn't happened to me today, or yesterday.

Although I did join yesterday....

Rep:
Level 102
I've asked for some help from some guys who know their stuff, they'll hopefully help me figure out what's happening ;-;
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Ok, I took a look at my DNS zone files for rmrk.net, and, well, I dunno wtf had happened there. It certainly wasn't normal ;-;

Fixed. Everything should work perfectly now (really!) :3
bringing sexy back

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hopefully. I was not able to get on at all yesterday. I kept on getting that same error as everyone else (and I had been for a few days before, too.)

Rep:
Level 102
My DNS, as far as I can see, is setup perfectly now. If you're still getting the error, then you have the old DNS entry cached, you can fix this by going to Start > Run > CMD

and then putting in ipconfig /flushdns

~
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
great now we can finally get on

wasnt able to log on at all yesterday.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
perfect, so far nothing wrong!  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I've never had any problems at all.