RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to distribute your game without the RTP

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Copyright Dubealex
Thanks to Tsuniokette for finding  :P
==========================

How to distribute your game to people who don't have RMXP:

RTP = Runtime Package (They are the default resources, like audio and graphics)

The RTP are in the Program Files, where you installed RPG Maker.

if it's postality version, by default, it's in:

c:\games\RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED

If it's dynaemu, it should be in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS

You can distribute your game without the RTP, all you need to do is be sure that every resources you used from the RTP are in fact in your game folders. Then, in the RTP selection, you choose NONE everywhere. And save your game. Then, you can distribute the game to people who don't have RMXP.

Be sure to distribute the file RGSS100J.dll that is in c:\windows\system32 (in Win XP), and tell people to put that file in there. Then, it gonna work fines.

If you have your game, and it's using a tileset from the RTP, you simply have to go in the RTP directory on your Hard Drive, copy it, then paste it in your graphics\tileset directory of your game folder. (You do not need to import it !).

Don't change its name, RMXP will automatically look in your game folder as a priority, so if they have the same name, you dont even have to edit your game; RMXP will start using your game folder's files first. (Meaning that you won't have to go in an event and change the character associated with the event, since RMXP look in your game folder as a priority.)

If you look at the TileSet list (or any other resources list) in the database, or by doing an event, you'll see a little circle at the left of every resources names. When it's red, it's your resources, in your game folder. They show first. When it's blue, it's from the RTP. You must use only resources from the red circles list.

Remember, just copy/paste directly from folders to folders, and you dont have to use the import utility of RMXP.

Chnage the settings to NO RTP, and distribute the DLL.

Test play your game completely; each time you get an error like "001-Storm.png" cannot be found or someting like that, it simply means you forgot to copy that one files. So go in the RTP folders, copy it, paste it in your game folder, in the relevant directory, and continue testing. Be sure your resources are all copied.

If you are lazy, and don't care about sizes, you can also do the following:

- Copy the entire RTP into your game folders, and that's it.

- Distribute the RTP Setup file with your game, and tell people to install it if it's not yet installed.

*The last 2 method aren't very good, since your game is gonna be too big for no reason. But it's your game after all.

HALO, STICKY!

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: HaloOfTheSun
Quote from: dwarra
HALO, STICKY!

AHH!! Yes sir!!!! lol.  :^^:  :wink:  :^^:

And thank you for posting this topic, I was about 5 minutes away from doing so myself, lol.

Then you read it too  :P

Rep:
Level 90
Cool! I thought of that before, but was too lazy to actually try it.  lol :lol: lol

Rep:
Level 90
Whats the RTP?
Why do we not need it?

Tell me about it ... I dont know what it is because I'm retarded
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep:
Level 90
You use it to give your gaem to your freinds that don't have rpg xp but want to play your game. :D

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: dwarra
Copyright Dubealex
Thanks to Tsuniokette for finding  :P
==========================

How to distribute your game to people who don't have RMXP:

RTP = Runtime Package (They are the default resources, like audio and graphics)

The RTP are in the Program Files, where you installed RPG Maker.

if it's postality version, by default, it's in:

c:\games\RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED

If it's dynaemu, it should be in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS

You can distribute your game without the RTP, all you need to do is be sure that every resources you used from the RTP are in fact in your game folders. Then, in the RTP selection, you choose NONE everywhere. And save your game. Then, you can distribute the game to people who don't have RMXP.

Be sure to distribute the file RGSS100J.dll that is in c:\windows\system32 (in Win XP), and tell people to put that file in there. Then, it gonna work fines.

If you have your game, and it's using a tileset from the RTP, you simply have to go in the RTP directory on your Hard Drive, copy it, then paste it in your graphics\tileset directory of your game folder. (You do not need to import it !).

Don't change its name, RMXP will automatically look in your game folder as a priority, so if they have the same name, you dont even have to edit your game; RMXP will start using your game folder's files first. (Meaning that you won't have to go in an event and change the character associated with the event, since RMXP look in your game folder as a priority.)

If you look at the TileSet list (or any other resources list) in the database, or by doing an event, you'll see a little circle at the left of every resources names. When it's red, it's your resources, in your game folder. They show first. When it's blue, it's from the RTP. You must use only resources from the red circles list.

Remember, just copy/paste directly from folders to folders, and you dont have to use the import utility of RMXP.

Chnage the settings to NO RTP, and distribute the DLL.

Test play your game completely; each time you get an error like "001-Storm.png" cannot be found or someting like that, it simply means you forgot to copy that one files. So go in the RTP folders, copy it, paste it in your game folder, in the relevant directory, and continue testing. Be sure your resources are all copied.

If you are lazy, and don't care about sizes, you can also do the following:

- Copy the entire RTP into your game folders, and that's it.

- Distribute the RTP Setup file with your game, and tell people to install it if it's not yet installed.

*The last 2 method aren't very good, since your game is gonna be too big for no reason. But it's your game after all.

HALO, STICKY!

Please put it in noob words for me plaese
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
could someone please upload the .dll file somewhere... im on another pc that doesnt have it and want to have a look at some user's games...:)

Rep:
Level 89
Is it working the same way on RPG Maker 2003?

- Also, this is not a question, but we are working on something that you will need game CD to play the game... Email us and we may reveal this secret to you... (just wait a little, because we will try to determinate if it works!)
***"Ye who knows all, should know that he can't know everything!" ~ P. Thibodeau***

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
okay i dont get it, put it in steps for me please  :lol:

thanks....

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I think I got it, does it work the same way for a demo? But it would be nice to put it laconically also.

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
I am sorry to say this but the questions the people ask in the topic are freakin annoying lol

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Hmm, the graphic files that came with RPG Maker XP aren't in the folder I installed it to. Anyone know where they might be?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Hmm, the graphic files that came with RPG Maker XP aren't in the folder I installed it to. Anyone know where they might be?
Does anyone know?!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Does anyone know?!
??  ;9