RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PAC Build 1.7

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero

PAC Engine 1.7
Applause to rgangsta for the glorious logo.

I have been doing this for about eight months now. It's been hard work, it's been fun work. There's not much of a story behind the PAC Engine, but I'll tell you what there is. I wrote a very cool utility script, the Advanced Enemies Swap and thought, "I keep writing utility scripts, don't I? What if I bundle them together with a bunch of other types of scripts and call it an engine so people think I'm better than I actually am?"
And here we are now.
PAC stands for Pacman Advanced Creative because I couldn't think of a better name and PAC is a cool acronym. It is in build 1.6a and currently contains 20 scripts, 5 of which are massive compilations of smaller scripts. There are now four sections of the engine; Core, Menus/Scenes, System and Main. I think they are quite self-explanatory.
PAC owes its inspiration to YERD and YEM. Yanfly's amazing ingenuity and scripting power make the engines an incredible power for any game. I also owe my own scripting power to Modern Algebra, Cozziekuns, LoganForrests and Zeriab for tips on... scripting and overall being awesome people. The window changer is also based on Woratana's similar script, and the idea for the battle background comes from YEM's battleback script. The skills scene is consensually based on Cozziekun's simple sort skills inventory. The equipment sets script is based on a script by Lettuce.

Here is a list of the scripts currently in the PAC Engine:
  • PAC Core 1.7 (compilation)
  • PAC Main Menu 1.7c
  • PAC Battle Addons Setup 1.7
  • PAC Battle Addons 1.7 (compilation)
  • PAC Utility 1.7 (compilation)
  • PAC Party Management
  • PAC Units
  • PAC Save Scene
  • PAC Skill Shop Scene
  • PAC Skills Scene (with Cozziekuns)
  • PAC Items Scene (with Cozziekuns)
  • PAC Debug Scene
  • PAC Input Module
  • PAC Description Codes (fixed version)
  • PAC Face/Sprites
  • PAC Item, Skill, Equip Addons 1.7 (compilation)
  • PAC Weather (with Ccoa)
  • Neo Gauge Ultimate (Woratana)
  • PAC Opacity
  • PAC Centered Window

Most scripts come with full descriptions, installation and configuration instructions and my ridiculous sense of humour. There are too many scripts to post here, so don't expect me to. There is a demo attached \/ at the end of this post. The demo includes all of these scripts, several graphics to help the scripts be displayed and two horribly uninteresting maps. The old demos are still attached because I like to see how many people have downloaded them ^_^

So, why did I post this? Well, I want your help. I need ideas for scripts: what should the PAC menu system be, should there be any complete overhauls of existing systems, how should my current scripts behave differently?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoy what there is of the PAC Engine so far.

Your friendly neighbourhood Pacman.  :V
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:26:53 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It looks pretty cool. Nice work Pacman!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
This is nowhere near done, by the way. Menu systems haven't even been started, other system and main scripts are seeming ages away as well. At the moment it's mostly just graphical and battle utility. I'm still proud of it though.

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
I just gave it a quick test, pretty nice work Pacman :) Though the counterattk would need some little work as even when my main hero is stunned, he still can counter (but can't perform the action I told him too :()
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yes, the counterattack is in a beta.
Not only do I have to add in state restrictions, I have to give it a random function so that it doesn't counter every time.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
This seems pretty good! I was also wondering... since scripts in this "Engine" are in PAC format do they need a PAC module in your scripts list/game folder to be used, and are they fully compatable with scripts they would be normally compatable if they werent PAC?

BTW I thought PAC was because ur pac-man  :V

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
No, those empty pages are just there for organization's sake. The scripts as they are work perfectly fine on their own.
They would be compatible with a lot of scripts, but like all scripts if they meddle with the same methods without alias they will have problems. So the scripts work standalone, and would be compatible with a lot of scripts. If you find any incompatibility issues, post here or PM me with the problem. I'll probably be able to fix it.

And yes, PAC is because I'm Pacman.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
PAC now updated to version 1.1. View original post for the new demo.
New scripts:
  • PAC Escape Bar Removal
  • PAC Pause Screen
  • PAC Screensaver
  • PAC Skill Scene Overhaul
  • PAC Equipment Sets
  • PAC Random Gameover
If you can, please suggest any scripts you would like to see in the PAC Engine. Enjoy.

Rep:
Level 82
Your Random Gameover script description needs changing. You obviously copied/pasted the description from Title Pictures and forgot to change the text to match lol.

Also, I'd suggest to change the name to Random Gameover Pictures or something similar. I initially thought it was some script to randomly cause a game over (not a good thing to have in a game I don't think).

Otherwise, a lot of nice little things you've got in there.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Haha, how could I forgot to do that? It's just the comments and the imported clause you meant, right?

If so, I've attached the updated scripts file. Let's call it 1.1a, shall we?

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Seen the response in the other thread, here you go the ATB script I was referring to that is..well basically partially compatible. It's part of the whole Tankentai system (or an add-on to it, I never tried it standalone.)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It doesn't work standalone, which I know because I don't have the Tankentai system. I'd need to get me a demo.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Oh I see~ Here's the demo I pulled the scripts from.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Interesting... It seems that Tankentai uses its own battle status window, and it's hidden somewhere amongst that bombastic sea of code.
It would take me an eternity and a half to go through the ATB to find the appropriate methods without my native language to guide me. So, I can't really make the two compatible.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
... I initially thought it was some script to randomly cause a game over (not a good thing to have in a game I don't think)....

LOL! I thought the same thing until I thought, who would do that...? Then I continued reading!

Good job on your updates! You made a lot in little time. (I would take me a month for one script that didn't work properly)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Just letting people know that there will be an update unrivaled in size in about a week. This will feature a bunch of new scripts, all PAC format, some revamped old scripts and... uhh... pie.
So, keep on the lookout for PAC 1.5.

Rep:
Level 83
Great ;)

Just one thing : put a bigger time for the screensaver script . It is really annoying when you tried to read a text and ... hop , the game get paused ! Especially for someone like me who read slowly :)
And could you add something to test the equipment sets script ?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:32:04 AM by dricc »
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
The screensaver script is fully customizable, but I do understand. The function has been disabled by default in the next version.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that last bit, but the next version has a better set text on the screens.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Lo and behold, here comes PAC Build 1.5.
This has a number of new scripts, and a completely different demo. Have fun seeing what I've been doing recently. It is attached to this post, I will also edit the OP.
Enjoy, RMRK.

Oh yeah, if you have any suggestions, PLEASE tell me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:52:52 AM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Oh deary me, I've made a mistake. In the unfinished PAC Heal After Battle script, change
Code: [Select]
  def battle_end
    pac_hab_battle_end
to
Code: [Select]
  def battle_end(result)
    pac_hab_battle_end(result)
unless, of course, you want a syntax error every time a battle finishes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Seems nice. I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I will when I get the chance.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'm encountering odd errors in the 1.5 demo as I'm working on the overhauled 1.6, there is no sound. I'd like to know if this is my computer or there is no sound at all for some demonic reason. So, can anyone else hear anything? (Note that the map doesn't have a BGM)
Also, any feedback MA?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Oh, look what I've done now. PAC 1.6 will be out in about a week.
What's new in 1.6? Well, I've gone ahead and given you a sneak preview, at both here and here. What's happened? I took a step back and saw all the tiny scripts taking up slots in PAC, and I made the move to condense them. As such, we have the 2600 line PAC Battle Addons and 400 line PAC Utility scripts, which combine the features of PAC Engine Battle and PAC Engine Utility, respectively.
A main menu is now coming into fruition, I've created a Party system, a Skills Shop is now available, I'm currently coding an Icon Library. Menu SE's, Weather, and Item, Skill and Equip addons are now added to the team, taking the total current script count to 29 after the massive decline as a result of the Battle and Utility engines dissolving.
The Battle and Utility engines are now located in the Core section, but carry out the same (and some new!) functions. The newest addition to the engines, Menus/Scenes, is coming along nicely by becoming the largest engine in the package.
I am also currently boasting my self-record-breaking longest script, PAC Battle Addons 1.6 (2599 lines) around the internet, so you'll likely see it around somewhere ^_^
Look forward to seeing PAC 1.6 in about a week.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I lied. Due to me switching computers, losing some data among other things interrupting progress, I've postponed the release of PAC 1.6 until whenever I feel like it.
Not that I've been urged by everyone ever to release this as soon as I can anyway.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I'm not big on the battle additions, as I don't really like using the battle system ... but I do love scriptlets! More scriptlets! I like the ones that you have going so far!

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5