RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[COMPLETE] Spellbinder [RMVX]

Rep:
Level 83
... 42 ...
STORY

Almost a century ago, an ordinary young man was possessed by an evil spirit accidentally let loose.  This spirit, the Visigoth, bound himself to this young man's body with powerful magic and spread fear and chaos across the land.  He had taken over almost the entire world in a matter of weeks.  All that remained was a stronghold held by the most powerful spellbinders.  They knew that they could not beat the Visigoth, so they laid a trap for him.  The trap worked.  The spirit was separated from this unfortunate young man and banished to the ether.  Fast forward to several years later.  That young man was now an apprentice spellbinder.  He had moved on with his life and had even learned to embrace magic.  However, the Visigoth, before being banished, made a vow to return.  He just had to bide his time and wait for the right opportunity.  He would be back.  This was disconcerting to the young spellbinder, because once bound to him, the Visigoth could not bind with any other human ...

WORLD

The world known only as Erf has a system of elementally based towers that provide a protective barrier between the human world and the spirit world.  Harmless spirits, such as spiritflies, can pass through this barrier, but the barrier blocks any malevolent magic beings.  The four main towers each reside on one of the four main continents.  This, obviously, is a world filled with magic.  The world government is known as the Magistrate and consists of the most powerful wizards, witches, sorcerers, mages, and spellbinders from all over the planet.  Each continent is governed by a Proxy.  This Proxy also is responsible for the barrier tower on his or her continent.  When the barrier is up, the world is generally an eden.   No war, no poverty, no illness.  If the barrier were to fall ...

CHARACTERS

Seydoth
Class: Spellbinder
Our protagonist.  He became a spellbinder when that evil spirit was removed from him, due to the enormous amount of magic energy that passed through him.  He is a little impatient and fed up with being an apprentice.  While rough on the outside, he has a heart of gold and rarely refuses a request for help.  His manners may not be the best, but he dedicates himself completely to whatever endeavor he pursues and never gives up. If you need someone you can count on, this is the guy you call.

Tamsiss
Class: Sorcerine
In a word, serious.  She is work first,  work second, maybe play tomorrow.  She is known mostly for her healing prowess, however do not underestimate her!  She is an accomplished sorcerine that can match any sorcerer in battle.  She lives with and takes care of her younger sister.  She has strong family values and is extremely loyal.  A must for any team.

Zheryn
Class: Necromage
Self-proclaimed famous hunter.  Master of the darker magics.  Comedian, or so he thinks.  Loves to joke around, especially during awkward or inappropriate moments.  Very well known amongst some of the seedier people and in some very strange places.  A man who is always in search of a good time and a better drink.  Overconfident almost to a fault, but it suits him well.

Lyithor
Class: Fairy Knight
Sergeant in a classified section of the military.  When you want someone or something dead ... this is who you get to do it.  Do not ever question her loyalty.  Fairy Knights are forged of great honor and pride. She is the only knight ever to receive the Magistrate's Cross, the highest honor achievable for a soldier.  She is also an expert in espionage and infiltration.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler for:

NOTES

NOTE 1: All credits are displayed at the end of the game.
NOTE 2: Please report any odd occurrences, bugs, or tile errors.
NOTE 3: Criticism is welcome (both good and bad), but please tell me WHY it's awesome or WHY it sucks.
NOTE 4: I STRONGLY recommend you play in FULL SCREEN if playing on some older/slower PCs.
                It WILL lag in towns and the intro will not sync correctly otherwise.
NOTE 5: If the font doesn't seem to work, delete the FONT folder in the game and it will use a default font.
NOTE 6: Do NOT re-post without permission.
NOTE 7: Enjoy!  8)

DOWNLOADS

Updated to Version 1.06 (minor fixes)
Wij's Downloads

SUPPORT BAR

Code: [Select]
[url=http://originalwij.wordpress.com][img]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7510/sbbar3.png[/img][/url]
Note: some sites may require the link address to be in quotation marks

From my mind to your PC ....
~Wij 8)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:56:55 PM by OriginalWij »

My NEW game is available now!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty neat. Downloading now.

Rep:
Level 84
This game is fun. I really like the way everything works. The scripts are amazing. Are you releasing them to the public by chance?

Game get's 5 of 5 stars from me.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Idk how many of them he plans to release, but he has released some of them so far on his blog

Rep:
Level 83
... 42 ...
Updated the download to V1.05! [minor bug fixes]
(see original post)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Wow, the opening was amazing, and that's one of my favorite bands XD. Anyway, here's what I thought of the game:
I played a lot of it, I got pretty addicted. I really like the music and your mapping is great. I remember stepping into the Er'f temple and activating those lights, i was like, "what a beast." The difficulty isn't overwhelming and it isn't easy either, just how I like it, the Binding system is great too, it's a cool little tool to be able to use, it puts a vast amount of strategy into combat. Although I died in that temple in my playthrough it was fun enough to put in another attempt. I like the way you're telling the story as well. It's a great game, after 2 hours of playing, I believe it's time for a little break, but I plan on continuing for sure.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Looks really awesome, I'm downloading it now. I'll tell you what I think.

Funny, by the way, in Dutch, 'Wij' means 'we' in English, so I get confused all the time when reading your name. :P
  - 

Rep:
Level 83
... 42 ...
Looks really awesome, I'm downloading it now. I'll tell you what I think.

Funny, by the way, in Dutch, 'Wij' means 'we' in English, so I get confused all the time when reading your name. :P
I know, I used to get that all the time in MMOs from Dutch players.  I would get approached by strangers everyday trying to recruit/befriend me assuming I was Dutch.

Rep:
Level 83
... 42 ...
Updated to v1.06!
(minor fixes)

Rep:
Level 83
... 42 ...
Just an FYI ... due to many PM's, comments, e-mail and IRC requests ... I will be making a "sequel" of sorts to this game!
So stay tuned for Spellbinder 2! [working title]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
:O
I cannot wait for this alleged 'sequel', much less the scripts from this game to come out! Thank you for being amazing!
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
this is one damn epic game!!!

But i was wondering how well would it look in XP?
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.