RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Why did I get this email?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I'm not sure if this is a hoax or what. Can someone please verify this? I have not downloaded/pirated any software. Was this email sanctioned by the staff? Please advise. Thank you.

The RPG Maker Resourse Kit

From: "The RPG Maker Resourse Kit" <rmrk.abuse@gmail.com>

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that the account registered to this email was recently accessed via a known web proxy server to offer downloads of copyrighted material. If upon further investigation access to this account from the IP address continues, against the TOS agreement, your account can and will be disabled.

Access from any known proxy is not allowed.

RMRK.net is responsible, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), to advise when we receive a notice asserting infringement by you. We are also required to take appropriate action if further claims are received that you do not resolve.

The material that you post or share online is your responsibility. RMRK encourages responsible Internet use, but we do not control the information you share. We have a duty, however, to take progressive steps when we received complaints of infringement.

If we continue to receive infringement claims such as this one, concerning your use of our service, we will suspend your account indefinitely.

If you hope to avoid account suspension or legal action, you should verify your personal possession of the account in question. We at RMRK take infractions of the TOS seriously and we must confirm the original ownership of the account. This is easily done by supplying your account information below.

Please use the following template below to verify your account and information via email reply to:
rmrk.abuse@gmail.com

* Account Email:
* Account Name:
* Account Password:

To learn more about your responsibilities concerning copyrighted material, please refer to this help article at:
http://www.respectcopyrights.org/

Regards,
The The Rpg Maker Resource Kit Team.

--- Original Message ---

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

RPG Maker Resourse Kit.

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Motion Picture Entitled
The Hangover

Dear DMCA Agent:

We are writing this letter on behalf of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. ("Warner Bros.").

We have received information that an individual has utilized an IP address linked with your servers at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrighted motion picture(s), including such title(s) as:

The Hangover

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted motion pictures constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3). This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

We request that you immediately do the following:

1) Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct described above; and
2) Take appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.

On behalf of Warner Bros., owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted material at issue in this notice, we hereby state, that we have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by Warner Bros., its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the State of California and under the laws of the United States, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

Please direct any end user queries the following.

Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Attn: Worldwide Anti-Piracy
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
818.954.3091 - phone
infringements@warnerbros.com - email

Kindly include the Case ID 1934125611, also noted above, in the subject line of all future correspondence regarding this matter.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Your prompt response is requested.

Respectfully,

A Kempe
Enforcement Coordinator
MediaSentry

- ------------------------------

INFRINGEMENT DETAIL
- --------------------

Infringing Work: The Hangover
First Found: 22 Dec 2009 20:48:40 EST (GMT -0500)
Last Found: 22 Dec 2009 20:48:40 EST (GMT -0500)
InfoHash: 5F29F7CC78F92EC907E8F2D2021ACDE462B20401
Containing file(s):
The Hangover (2009) DVDSCR-MAXSPEED.torrent (764,463,219 bytes)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Haha, someone thinks you're pirating via RMRK somewhere.

I didn't realize RMRK.net can be used to pirate software. Well, either way, I've been falsely accused of this, and I would like to know if this email is real or not because I don't want some legal action taken against me or something.
Has my account been compromised, perhaps?

EDIT: After reading over the email again, I noticed that they misspelled 'Resource' throughout the email, so perhaps it is a fake, but I just want to be absolutely sure. If a moderator/admin can verify this, please.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:28:09 AM by Xathia Vastar »

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Since they're asking for:

* Account Email:
* Account Name:
* Account Password:

I think it is a fake, but I'm no mod so I'm not shure.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Anybody can create any address they like at google mail, so long as it's not taken. It's a stupid scam. I could register barack.obama@gmail.com and email you from it; it doesn't mean you're getting email from the president.

Any email you receive from RMRK will come only from forums@rmrk.net, and your password would never be asked for.

Ignore it, maybe reporting it as a scam/phishing attempt to gmail will get them to do something about it :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It's Kipe.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Maybe I could send a mass-email to all registered accounts advising them not to reply to any email about RMRK other than from the offical address :)

However, it's quite easy to forge the reply address and make it look like an email is coming from forums@rmrk.net when it in fact is not. Most email clients show the (easily faked) return address in the "from" field, making it worse.
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Haha, better stop using RMRK for yer pirating, matey. Arrr!

But seriously, as Roph has said the email is obviously a fake. Rmrk.abuse@gmail.com? Why on earth would we have a gmail account in the first place, let alone one for "abuse"? Not to mention the obvious typos, as if someone with a bad sense of grammar copy/pasted it onto there and filled in the RMRK name.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Someone actually went through the trouble to make an RMRK abuse email :) we should feel honored.

What would they even do if someone replied with their password though? Use the account to spam ads all over the site? >_> That's a pretty dumb idea.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It's Kipe.

lol, how awesome would that be if that's his 'grand plan'.

To steal accounts and then make them all inactive :P

Rep:
Level 83
Hmm, seems like he's going through allot of trouble to do somehing to this site.
what happend with him any ways, seems there is a big deal about him on this site. i see that he is making multiple accounts and vandalising his posts but why is is he doing that in the first place?

"A Kempe" - em + i = "kipe" sorta sounds like it too
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Maybe I could send a mass-email to all registered accounts advising them not to reply to any email about RMRK other than from the offical address :)

However, it's quite easy to forge the reply address and make it look like an email is coming from forums@rmrk.net when it in fact is not. Most email clients show the (easily faked) return address in the "from" field, making it worse.
Maybe just send a mass-email to warn users about possible scam attempts, and to tell them that RMRK will never ask for any account information.

It wouldn't hurt to post an announcement as well.

Thank you very much for clarifying this. I will disregard and delete this email.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
You should see some of the spam emails that I get, they're so sad.

One of them was literally:

from tobaccosales@gmail.com

You just won the British Tobacco Lottery! Email us back with your credit card number so we can give you your money.

Seriously, that was it. No further explanation, no elaborate details, just that and nothing else.

So I emailed them back, telling them how pitiful this excuse for a scam was, pointing out how interesting it was that the apparently all-inclusive British Tobacco company had a gmail address.

And then they emailed me back and basically tried again, but this time the email was from TobaccoLotterySupport@gmail.com or something like that.

This went on for 2 or 3 emails until I got bored because they just kept doing the same thing over and over again.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:54:06 PM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

LOL yeah that definitely sounds like a scam. I was unsure about the RMRK, though, since I have an account here and everything. I thought perhaps my account was compromised.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You have your email hidden. Was it hidden before you received this email?

Yes, it was. I always keep my email address hidden in public forums and communities. I also do not post up my email on forums, due to spambots and phishers.

Rep:
Level 102
That's odd. How do you think the person knew your email?

I have no idea. I know I do get spammers still, but the fact that they know I'm a member of RMRK to send something like that is a mystery...

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
They know that because they're probably member themself.

Rep:
Level 102
Members can't see hidden email addresses.

Rep:
Level 102
The case of the obtainable email has been solved. Xathia Vastar, you've been private messaged with the details.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 05:43:39 PM by Irock »