RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ill Will - SMT meets The Divine Comedy in RMVX

Rep:
Level 83
"Stop staring and focus!"
Project of the Month winner for January 2010
Chaos Productions, Rei-, and Nessiah present:

"So, we're here. We're here and we don't know where "here" is. All we know is they want to eat us, and we don't want to be eaten by them. Oh, and we know they have some tricks we've never seen before. Throwin' fire and all that business. That's not good. Oh, and one last thing we know.

We can do it too."

Screenshots

Spoiler for:
Premise

Ill Will is a dungeon crawling RPG being produced for Game Chill 2009. The theme of playing opposite sides is represented here a little differently than might have been envised - your allies will hold opposing viewpoints as to what course of action should be taken in a given scenario. In order to keep them working together as a harmonious force, you have to carefully choose your words to play both sides with your choice of words to keep them focused on the matter at hand - making it out of Purgatory alive.

Gameplay

The gameplay consists of going through miniature dungeons to acquire Traces. Every Trace teaches certain skills at certain levels, has elemental affinities, and stat modifiers. Your allies are each restricted to a number of categories, such as Physical or Ailment Traces; you may use any Trace you please.

Skills are equipped for each character, taking up one to four of twelve slots. This means you have to choose between having Fire III and Fire/Earth/Elec I. Which is a meaningful decision - elemental affinities in this game are complicated and sadistic.

The Release

As stated above, this is being made for Game Chill 2009 at RMN. The contest ends December 28th, but there will invariably be bugs and other things that require fixing. I will have this ready for you guys to download by January 5th at the latest. If I forget to post it here, PM me at my RMN profile and I'll link the demo here.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:30:34 PM by modern algebra »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
SMT caught my eye here, and you an Eikichi avatar so I'll have to keep my eye on this i guess. Looking forward to it :police:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The mapping is beautiful and it really looks great. Looking good.

Rep:
Level 83
You can thank Rei- for that - guy's a wizard with tiles.

I can't really show off my end - numbers and code - with anything other than hawt menus until we have a download. :/

Rep:
Level 83
DOUBLE POST OF JUSTICE *Ahem*

Now I have something interesting. We're gonna teach Francesca some new skills.

Ignoring the fact that she's the spitting image of BOSS, we'll note that she has the Firestarter trace right now.
Obviously, that implies Fire magic.

And Fire magic she has. But that's all she's going to get from Firestarter - Attago is learned at level 07, and it
doesn't teach any skills after that. So, time for a change.

So we change to Brute. You'll notice that the skills are learned at levels 02, 03, and 06. Francesca is higher level
than each of these benchmarks, so she'll learn all of them at her next level-up.

Then we kill shit with debug for massive EXP. Francesca levels twice.

There you have it. France now has the all of the skills of both Firestarter and Brute at her disposal.

Hopefully this gives you a sense of how progression in this game works.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That's cool. It reminds me of espers from FFVI, and that's my favorite one.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, that's a cool system. I'm excited for this game :)

Rep:
Level 83
Rei- has a present for you all.

Some progress from my part. Though what comes to the battle hud, Chaos has more complete version of it with different portraits and transparencies etc.

Rep:
Level 83
Rei- is the new Santa.

Here's some new screens:

I'll come with new battle images and pics with portraits later this week.

Rep:
Level 97
Ill Will has won Project of the Month for January as a result of a poll! Congratulations!

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hey peeps, cheers for the POTM recognition!

It's cool you've already taken interest in our project, even though the content presented here is very much a work in progress.

The full version of this game should be available within few weeks. Chaos was absent for the past week, but now that he's back again, we should be able to work on it properly. It's definitely coming out in Jan!

What I can supply you is, well, some more screens:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:11:44 PM by Rei- »

Rep:
Level 83
Sorry for the silence, people! I was caught in a mountain pass for a few days, but now I'm back and pulling my weight. Sorry for my delay!

Rep:
Level 83
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0asvdQW98M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0asvdQW98M</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbIUUCP1-I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbIUUCP1-I</a>

JimmyLy went and made us some vids of an early build. To bad he didn't have our actual music. :/

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Very nice - the only thing is that I don't prefer the vocals in the first video in this last post of yours. Other than that, this is pretty badass sir.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
This is awesome. I have a question, though: You left the project file unlocked, so I peeked. But As I looked through the maps, I saw there was no mapping. Some of the maps had pathways and such, and most of them had events, but I looked through the Graphics folder, and there were no parallaxes for the maps either. How did you make the maps for this game?

Edit: I just noticed. The first post was made on my birthday. Osm.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I really like your lighting.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
This is awesome. I have a question, though: You left the project file unlocked, so I peeked. But As I looked through the maps, I saw there was no mapping. Some of the maps had pathways and such, and most of them had events, but I looked through the Graphics folder, and there were no parallaxes for the maps either. How did you make the maps for this game?

Edit: I just noticed. The first post was made on my birthday. Osm.
Yeah, by my mistake it wasn't locked. It's the  Game Chill version anyway - incomplete and broken version of the game, which is no more available.
The maps are... normally mapped, with addition of picture overlays.
We'll come back with the complete game sometime soon. The mechanics and everything else is mostly done, it's just me who's taking long. I didn't expect it to take so long for me to direct and execute the entire plot.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:10:16 PM by Rei- »

Rep:
Level 83
Figured I'd update in response to an anonymous PM I received on RMN:

Hello ChaosProductions.
Is it alright with you if you can be able to link me the demo of "Ill Will?"

I'd give it if I had it. Rei has been taking much longer than expected to create the cutscenes. I'm actually wondering where my demo is and why it isn't here yet myself.

Sorry for the holdup. :/

It's crassly humorous how the project of the month for January might not make it until March.  ;9

Rep:
Level 81
I'm just wondering if there's been any more progress on this one.  I'd like to play it. :)