RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Terra's VX Mapping Tutorial #2 Forest Area

Rep:
Level 82

Hello everybody, today I will be sharing with you all my mapping knowledge when it comes to RPG Maker VX, I'm going to Describe in an easy to understand manner, everything you need to know to make a nice looking map, while showing you images of how exactly it should turn out. So without any further ado... Lets get this show on the road.

Also, this is the auto-tile used in this tutorial. If you want to use it right click on it, and click save image as. Then just import it to your system folder under your recourse manager in your game.
Spoiler for:

Forest Area:
The first thing you need to do obviously is use the Forest Auto-Tile. I like to make my trees 3 spaces tall but you can make them however tall you feel you want them. Now symmetry is the devil when it comes to Forests, you don't want it... Forest aren't symmetrical and they never have been. Once the structure is done, and the grass is put down you could have something like this.

Okay that just looks boring right, well I personally like to have a 50-50 short grass to tall grass ratio in my forests. So now is when I lay down the tall grass tile, and maybe add some trees and bushed so it doesn't look so damn boring.

Currently that seems like a pretty empty forest even still... The last thing I like to do with my forest is add all the little flowers and crabgrass' and the little branches of leaves on the trees. Then you can add some events like a Tree Logging band of Orc's has taken over the forest, like so...

Well that concludes my VX Mapping Tutorial #2! Thanks for reading, and I hoped you've learned some stuff along the way. Stay tuned for My VX Mapping Tutorial #3!
You get busy Livin', or get busy Diein'... That's god damn right.
- Ellis Redding, (Morgan Freeman) Shawshank Redemption
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) Lord of War

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Very nice!! :D

Rep:
Level 83
This does look good, are you going to make one for each "area" like a cave, desert, snow, field?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 82
This does look good, are you going to make one for each "area" like a cave, desert, snow, field?
I plan on doing all different kinds of areas you might experience in a good RPG.
You get busy Livin', or get busy Diein'... That's god damn right.
- Ellis Redding, (Morgan Freeman) Shawshank Redemption
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) Lord of War

Rep:
Level 83
cool, your gona have a huge collection then, what will you do when you run out of sections?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Sorry if this is a stupid question - I am a complete newbie.
How do you make the trees 3 or more spaces tall? I have imported the image but I can only use the lower and the upper tile/part of each tree, that's all.
Also, if I try to draw a bunch of trees together, the top of the tree mass (as seen from above) is not all black but each square has a green ridge - how do I make it black with only one outer green edge?
Obviously, I am doing something something wrong and the solution is very simple, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks in advance.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You need the correct tileset first.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
But I imported the one at the top of this page.
Is there a special option I missed or somthing?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Are you using it as TileB-E? That would cause the problem you are referring to. It should be named TileA4.