RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Legends of Terra, v1.1!

Rep:
Level 82

First off, let me start by saying hello. Legends of Terra is a Project I've been working on for a while, and I would just like to point out to everyone that this is an expansion of my old Game Adventures of Terra Vinco, which I was working on for quite a while after I posted the demo, and then the Data got corrupted. But this new game is nothing like it in the sense that there is so much more. This game is essentially a series of choices... Choices you make to effect things such as Alignment an potentially different outcomes. Some of its key features include...

New Release, v1.1 out now.

New Features:
- Orc Captain now available as a party member. (Evil Quest)
- Loads of new Menu, Battle and Lighting Scripts added.
- A new full Storyline Quest.
- More maps, and places to Explore.
- Dozens of glitches fixed for smoother game play.
- Party Member interactivity (Different Party Members say different things during Events.)

Story/Plot:
I have Started Working a fair bit on this but not a lot of it Shines through yet... And remember I'm not the greatest story teller so bear with me and don't be too critical, there's much more to come.

Alignment System:
I have integrated a System of Good and Evil with Variables in this Game, and I think that you will enjoy it a lot. (even though there's only one place so far where you can make an Alignment decision, and I'm sure you'll realize it when you get there.) Alignment can be checked from any "Alignment Crystal" in game. Certain Alignments allow certain things to Happen, such as... People will say different things if your Alignment is low, or high. (I haven't added this yet.) Certain people may join your party if you alignment is to there liking, (I have added this.) or potentially try and kill you if your alignment is not to there liking... You'll learn more about this when you play the game.

Property Buying System:
There will be many time's throughout the game where you can potentially buy property, Upgrading and Downgrading your Homes is a must, so I have made that possible as well. So far there is only one House you can buy but it'll give you a taste of what it'll be like in the future, and it's looking nice...

Old Release Screen Shots:
Spoiler for:

(New) Current Release Screen Shots (New)

Quests, and how to complete them:
Quest #1 Sewer Systems
Spoiler for:
You'll receive a Quest at the very beginning of the Game called Sewer Systems from your Father. Head outside and check out the Well next to the House, jump in. Now you can get into battles down here so be alert, lol. Head down to the next well and jump in. Now you have to make your way over to the switch on the left side of the room, which is conveniently blocked by a Demon. Get rid of him and go to the Switch, this switch activates the spikes on the other side of the room causing them to fall. it'll tell you, you'll only have short time to get over there and grab the Sword to finish the Quest. (15 second to be exact.) After that leave and return to the House.

Quest #2 Cleansing the Forest's
Spoiler for:
(Level 3 or Higher Quest, meaning if you're not at least this level the Quest will be hard for you.) At the Farm House on the Eastern side of the Continent there is a man who will give you a quest to rid the Forest nearby of the Evil Orcs. There is an option you can choose while talking to him that will not allow you to ask for the quest again, (I think you'll know which one when you see it.) so don't choose it, It does nothing for your Alignment. Go into the Forests directly East of the Farm. and you'll encounter a Cut-scene with a few Orcs, You can choose to either Fight them or run, though running won't do you much good. Kill them and move on, You'll encounter more Orcs in the next room whom will immediately attack you. Kill them and move on to the next room. You'll find a Orc Hut and a Save Point here, head inside and be greeted by the Orc Captain. You'll be given two choices here, you can either "Kill them" and receive +5 to you're Alignment or "Pay them off" and receive -5 to Alignment. Killing them will get you the Forest Key which you can use on the Treasure Chest immediately to your right, and a treasure chest further into the Forest. Choosing the Evil path of paying off the Orcs cost you only a measly 250 Gold, and the Orc Captain named Sutek will offer to join you on your Party, making you Evil(er). Upon return to the Farmer, if you chose to kill them he'll thank you and give you a reward. (Completing the Quest.) If you payed them He'll give you nothing, and you don't complete the Quest.

Quest #3 Ancient Key
(Coming Soon)

Side Quest, Getting the First Party Member(s)
Spoiler for:
(Good Alignment)
In Snow Top Village by the Weapon Shop, you'll find a Dwarf Soldier by the name of "Thorel" Complaining that it has nothing good. after talking to him you can ask him to join your party, I'f your alignment is at least +5 he will join you but says it's only for a little while. Otherwise he will not join you until you get your Alignment up, Respectively...

(Evil Alignment)
Done during Quest #2 Cleansing the Forest's. The Orc Sutek will offer to join your party if you pay him off instead of killing him.

Please let me know of any Glitches or Bugs you find. I've tested the game a Thousand times and wringed it mostly dry, but I know there's always more... Also a Face or two May not work because I had to remove a lot of them to make the File size smaller.

Old Demo Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?my1mrnlkugw

New v1.1 Demo Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iumy4z1idi2

Note:
The game ends immediately at
the beginning of when you get
sent to the Prison, you can go no
further from this point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:54:11 PM by Terra »
You get busy Livin', or get busy Diein'... That's god damn right.
- Ellis Redding, (Morgan Freeman) Shawshank Redemption
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.
 - Yuri Orlov, (Nicholas Cage) Lord of War

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
For your first time using VX, I must say -you're amazing- at mapping :)

You should think about signing up for the guild competition in the Guild Hall off the main page of the forums here. :)

I'm moving this to finished projects. This looks good, I might give it a try if I ever get the time.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
never seen a game with interior mapping like yours(its different)...lets give it  a try and play it :)
I'll post something after completing the game...

"lol grafikal thx to your reply i knew about the 2010 guilds in time =) thankz  ;8"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:05:32 PM by DarkGamer »
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 83
I like how your interior maps look its as if the roof was cut out, its a nice effect.. great jobs with the maps
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

I'm not
Rep:
Level 82
Tileset Designing
Wow, This looks great so far!
I am in complete love with that Windowskin! Do you mind If I use it?
Of course, credit to you and the original creator.

I like the maps and the fact that your using the NMS.
Looking good so far, keep it up.

Rep:
Level 82
I Updated this post from a long time ago, I have much more now...
They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they oughta' say is... Evil prevails.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I have to say, the mapping is incredible, and overall project most impressive. I'll be keeping this definitely in mind.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This does look nice. Great work Terra.

Rep:
Level 82
Here's a new Screen Shot of a place that will be in the next release. Which should be in a couple
days as long as I keep working on it non stop... (Which I probably will.:blizj:)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Very very nice building, I would prefer it, though, if the pillars were fixed to fit it better.

Rep:
Level 82
A new Screen Shot of the Menu Window. Still working on it. Gonna hopefully add some more features.

Rep:
Level 82
New Release v1.1 out now, check out the main post for more details!

Rep:
Level 83
My old project that I never finished nor will, its title was Crystals of Terreh.

Not that that's important, just thought it was a neat quinky dink.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 81
Download link doesn't work. :(
Looks really cool though from what you've posted, I am excited to try it.
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
yes it does, learn to read the address bar.

i'll fix it anyways since people are blind.

Rep:
Level 81
I'm sorry but when Firefox tells me that the host server cannot be found I generally assume it is an incorrect url. I do not appreciate your attitude, you really know how to make someone feel welcome so kudos.
But thank you for fixing it.
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Rep:
Level 82
Hmm... I didn't know something was wrong with it, but thanks I guess for fixing it. It appears the old demo isn't working but that's alright, the new one's better. Thanks guys.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Huhm, So far so good .. I like your mappings .. But a little tip~

Try using the script called 'KGC_FileEncryption2' So your game won't be hacked by someone.

It encrypts your game data to unhackable state.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
You are awsome at mapping! ;8

But The game was very hard in the sewers...
And i found a bug/glitch: In the sewers after pulling the switch, when you take the longsword and
the timer reach 00.00 you will be trapped there :o

There is no signature here.

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks... Yeah, my 30 day trial just ended, but I've added a lot since last release. I think I might start working on a RPG maker XP game again in the meantime, at least untill I buy VX... Or download it.  :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:17:39 AM by Terra »

Rep:
Level 82
Bump, Here are some screens from the next update. Just as soon as I buy the full version I'll release the new Demo. My birthday is on 4/20 so probly then.  :) I'm gonna be releasing a full Walkthrough with pictures of every room and detailed instructions for the Game soon also.
Screens:
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:59:24 PM by Terra »

Rep:
Level 82
This looks rather nice, great work. ^_^

Rep:
Level 82
Bump, Alright I'm working on this game again so I'll be posting new screens and stuff soon... :-X lol

Rep:
Level 82
New Version Coming Soon.
- New Towns
- New Quests, and Side-quests
- Added Story Progression
- New Monsters, Weapons, Armors, and Accessories

A couple Screens.

Rep:
Level 80
RMRK Member
Looks pretty darn tasty, but it's not delicious yet.
People who are organized are just too lazy to organize their stuff.