RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Dynamic Effects Engine (DEE) (scripting tool/base system)

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
Dynamic Effects Engine
Authors: Ryex
Version: 1.61
Type: Effects Engine

Introduction

this is a scripting tool. as such on its own it dose NOT add any functionality to a game.
it is a frame work that provides methods and structure to create dynamic effects based on the player or an events position relative to a source on the map.

Version 1.2
- massive lag decrease
Version 1.6
- improved speed added Dynamic position sources and the mute feature
Version 1.61
- fixed bug with dynamic position source

Features

• Provides a frame work for creating dynamic effects based on the player or an events position relative to a source.
  • Under 300 lines of code (comments not included)

Screenshots

NA

Demo

NA

Script

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUKLI9M5vfiOZGdiNXdnMjVfMjBkc3Y5NTlneg&hl=en

Instructions

this is a scripting tool a description of the classes and how to use them is located in the script

Compatibility

this is a tool it is as compatible as you make it

Credits and Thanks

• Ryex
  • Blizzard (for giving me a piece of code that I should of seen myself)

Author's Notes

Please! ask questions, poke through the code, make suggestions for the improvement of this tool. and comment!

NOTE: I (the author) do NOT provide support in this thread. I simply don't visit this forum often enough. another scripter may be able to offer help but if you need support from me please go here
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?t...g89287#msg89287
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:32:07 AM by ryex »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks pretty cool - may I ask what types of effect you mean?

But really, it's great to see so many new scripts posted for XP! Great work ryex

Rep:
Level 87
Quote from: The Script
Features
#
# *Provides a frame work for creating dynamic effects based on the player or an
#   events position relative to a source.
ie. any environment system that is dependent on the distances between an even and a fixed source; my Dynamic Sound script, a shadow script (I intend to make one eventually), heck, you could make a script that makes it snow or rain harder depending on how close you are to a source. stuff like that
the DEE is designed to pull all that into a centralized update where all you have to do is call the $DEE.update and it will update everything while keeping lag caused by bad coding low. as such if any one can help to reduce the lag while keeping the the out put of the methods that same feel free to offer suggestions. I've already gotten a good deal of advise from Blizzard and cut about 90% of the original lag. but if it can be taken down even more then by all means tell me.

UPDATE:
v1.21 fixes a bug when there is more than one map
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:15:53 AM by ryex »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 87
UPDATE TO 1.6

see first post for changes