RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Fantasy: Venaitura

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Dragon Fantasy: Venaitura

This is an epic tale involving four youths and their struggle to bring down a power-hungry man bent on the total annihilation of the demon race. Lead by an overwhelming display of both fear and madness, the self-proclaimed "Dark King" has given rise to the dreaded fortress of Venaitura in order to exact justice against the grotesque and pale-faced monstrosities of the Dark World. However, things are not as they appear...

Accompany Aaron, a young and local hero, along with his sister Buima; Reynold, Aaron`s stalker; and Fern, a wanderer on their quest through the dreaded fortress in an adventure that may have a deeper meaning than first implied.

Fight against hordes of monsters, solve the mysteries of the dark palace, and collect items to gain stats all the while inching closer and closer to the final goal: the Dark King himself! Will Aaron and his group of unlikely heroes manage to overthrow the Dark King and bring salvation to the Demon race? Only you can decide!

Main new features:

-High-quality MP3 tunes that add a certain flair that can't be replicated through MIDI's and NES-esque music.

-No more Leveling up! In this game you BUY your stats from an Item Salesman and choose which stat you wish to increase! Choose wisely...and carefully!

-No random encounters! Touch-encounters are in! Woot!

-Deeper storyline. Experience a much deeper story than any of the other Dragon Fantasies before it!

Screenshots!

Experience many great character cut-ins in where some of the major characters of the game reveal to you vital plot-points and even challenge Aaron and his party to terrifying duels!

Battle against hordes of monstrous entities who are set on bringing you down! Also, experience the great touch-encounter system! No more random battles. Want to skip a battle? Then run straight on passed the dumbfounded creature! But be warned...run from too many battles and you'll be in poor shape for the higher levels of the Fortress!

Explore the beautiful--yet deadly--fortress of the Goddess Celes in all of its new-found spledor.

Learn of the dreaded Dark King and his gruesome plans involving the total annihilation of the Demon race!

Download Link!
http://www.filefront.com/14573387/Dragon-Fantasy-Venaitura.zip/

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Is it 2k3? Cause I think you totally posted in the incorrect area. If you posted here just so you could put it somewhere in a finished project forum, then we get the point, but you're supposed to post in New Projects then PM a mod if it's not new or is finished so that they can move it for you into the correct subforum. Yes, we don't allow people to post in Projects and Finished Projects except for here I suppose. :)

I like your screenshots, sir :)
and welcome back Lavata, you've been gone for a while.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Huh? Really. Well I just looked to the "Finished Project" section and sort of assumed that you could go right ahead and post your finished project in there. Guess I was wrong, hm? Oh well. It's been a while, so I guess I forgot about some of the rules. =/

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
I totally did the same as Ephiam Lavata and posted my two finished projects directly into the Finished Projects section.  Seemed to be the intuitive way to do things.

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It's pretty! I'm loving the resurgence of DQ style games.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yus. Though it's not really that much like an NES game, to be honest. To quote a previous post from another forum:

"Well, if you're looking for some type of NES clone in this game you may or may not be slightly (or greatly, depending on the type of person you are =P) disappointed. Do not let the graphics alone fool you! It may look like an NES game, but it feels much different. It's as if you...say...sort of fused some NES, SNES, and PS games together but just gave it all the look of an NES game. I wanted to try something different this time and came up with this."