RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Requiem of the Broken Soul (By Zylos)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

Author's Notes

Yes, I know this humongous image is madness, but there's a method to my madness. Or is there?

Anyway, this is a game that's somewhat about me, but yet it is completely and utterly fictitious. I'm not suicidal, nor have any of the events in the game ever happened to me, so if you were wondering "What the hell is wrong with Zylos?!" when you saw this, don't worry. It's not real. This is a serious, mature game that simply lays out a story for you and lets you decipher from it what you will. I should warn you though that it will bring up some controversial topics such as religion, homosexuality, and several philosophical concepts that are under debate. I made sure I kept an open mind and neutral stance for every part that I could, but to enjoy the game, you will have to have an open mind too.

I've been planning out this game since last October, and have been making story changes left and right until it felt just right to me. And this summer, I started to work on it to take my mind off of other headaches. The game story is HUGE, so I'm going to try to release the game one chapter at a time later instead of making a demo. I've only got a quarter of the first chapter done, and already I've clocked it at a minimum of more than an hour of game time. It'll take a long time to finish, and honestly I'm going to need to find someone to help me with the mapping, but it'll be worth it to me. I'm hoping to find something about myself when I finally finish this game.

Credits So Far

Zylos - Designer
Zeichwolf - Tester
Namkcor - Tester
Dubealex - AMS
Etorie - Sprites
SithJester - Sprites
Ninesages - Misc Graphics
Zanyzora - Tilesets

(Not many, I know. I usually don't compile this 'til the last second.)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:09:45 PM by Zylos »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
this looks to be really good Zylos, worth waiting for.
Some very powerful lines in the screens too.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
do you mind cutting your image into sections and then posting it? it takes too long to load and often just crashes the image and never appears.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Your intro gave me chills.. looking forward to it :D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
@Namkcor: Thank you, Namkcor. Obviously you'll be getting a taste of it before most others.

@Grafikal: I'll get on that either Sunday or Monday, I'm heading out to Chicago tomorrow and will be absent for a while.

@LadyJules: <3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
this looks to be really good Zylos, worth waiting for.
Some very powerful lines in the screens too.

Quoted for truth!
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Wow, I can't wait for this, it looks awesome!

worth waiting for.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Okay, first, I split the image up for Grafikal that it's not that outrageously hard to load.

Second, the one thing I still need to really work on is a battle system. I'm thinking a good tactical battle system would work best instead of an ABS or anything, but I'm not sure whether to try Gupid's or Zenith's or if there's even better ones out there. If someone has a good recommendation for one, feel free to PM me a link to the latest version of it or something.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It looks interesting and is very pretty Zylos. Good luck with this project!

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I think this looks really decent. The story seems interesting and the maps are beautiful. You managed to create an atmosphere, too. The space screenshot may seem a little empty, though. But overall, I am totally supporting this project! ^^

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The space shot is meant to be empty, for storyline purposes. A void of sorts. Thank you for your comments though. :3

Rep:
Level 83
Nice, I like it. The lighting is nice and I love the what you have the people saying it really puts some uniqueness and depth into the game.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Far out, my furry friend. Deep.

*EvilM00s put the game on his must play list*
:tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Two quick shots of the "subconscious domain", a realm of thoughts, dreams, ideas, and will.
Just quick proof that I'm still working on this, I'll try to give updates at least once a month while I work.

Also, I'm still looking around for a good battle system. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The same way as everything else, through frame by frame action. An animated gif is just a series of picture layers, so if you were to display each layer one by one as a background or picture, you get an animated object. Crude at times, but very easily done through events and quite visually effective if done right. Thank's for the comments. :3

Also, any side view systems in particular that stand out?

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I love the new screenies, especially the first one. The second looks great as well and I love the animation. <3

For battle systems, I'd recommend ABS like Kipe did or a side view one. Perhaps the Tankentai XP would suitable for your game. ^^

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
An ABS wouldn't exactly work too well for this, because while it does have action moments it's definitely not an action game, and I'd really like for the player to be able to use more than one character. Sideview might work, though there's no chance of me getting battlers or special sprites in for it. I'll take a look at the Tankentai XP though, thanks. :3
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:17:01 PM by Cecil »