RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eternity's Point [DEMO BACK AGAIN]

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Eternity's Point
Made by Lazer Ki / rby

"The world seemed to be living for an eternity. Now it ends with a great war."
Ah, yes, for all of you who hated and thought Warrior Dee's RPG sucked ass, I promise you this one will be better.

With tons of scripts from RMRK, and a whole lot of other junk, here's Eternity's Point

Story

On the continent of Lordinca, the mainland and islands are split up into four territories for each Clan - Twilight, Ember, Aqua, and Swords. They disputed over land for centuries. Many lives were lost until they had finally agreed on them. All four of them soon set up two other cities - Emerald City(named for the Emerald Ocean) and Island City. They would go there if they had any conflict. Soon, out of nowhere, the Swords Clan suddenly gained strength. Their people were stronger. They knew very advanced techniques. And as the king of Swords had passed away, a new king, hungry for power, invades the Twilight Clan.
     For the people of Twilight, hope was lost. Until, a prophet comes telling the King and Queen "Twelve heroes will come and stop those Swords!" And so, our protagonist, Edgar, in his home waiting for his father to return. After about four minutes he comes home, the Swords launch an attack on Edgar's town. That battle changed Edgar's life... Edgar's father was captured by the Swords. However, Edgar will soon realize that the Swords are not his true enemy...

News:
10/9/09 - Changed screenshots.
9/29/09 - Due to how busy I am, I cannot update the screenshots(the newer ones look better) and I know the title screen name is wrong since I have just gone under a name change.
9/24/09 - Name Change to Eternity's Point.
9/22/09 - Demo released!
9/12/09 - Demo might come out at September 22nd.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Actually, as a Photoshop idiot, I think this one pretty good. It's the title screen

An example of my difficulty system. Easy is well, easier!

This is actually different now, but it's a long weekend xD.

Midnight Village.

It's a house in Midnight Village. There used to be doors, but the graphics kind of screwed up.

Better run through this map.

Demo - Download V1.4 Demo
Features
  • ABS system(BlizzABS)
  • Still uses a lot of RTP, but only in Animations(the pics) and sounds
  • CMS(Made by Rune and a whole ton of stuff by him)
  • Better Shop System(haha made by Leon_Westbrooke)
  • No other scripts I can remember
  • 12 Character
  • Blacksmithing System(well, sort of)
  • Difficulty Selection(Easy or Normal)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:41:42 PM by Kael »
Hi

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I hope that white box with HERO'S TALES isn't going to be there all the time during the game
:taco: :taco: :taco:

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I hope that white box with HERO'S TALES isn't going to be there all the time during the game
No, it's wont be. That was an introduction screenshot
Hi

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Three additional screenshots are up.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Hmmn, looks interesting, you'll have to keep working on it. I really want to try it. How much further do you think you have until its done?

Btw the mapping is actually pretty good. Good job. =D

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Thanks! Anyway, this project is really, really new. I just started working on this about three months ago and I was always distracted so I never got that much progress. I'd say, a year or less is probably how long it's going to take.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
I reeaally want to know how people can stick to something for a year, i sure cant but im working on a game right now, its just really slow. started like a month ago i think. So far so good, idk how much longer ill be interested in it, I hope i can stick to it...

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
This isn't looking bad, but the maps need a little more work. The swamp and forests are ok, but the town and inside ones are empty and bland. Add more trees and details to the first and close the second up a little, adding details in as well. Also, try adding some effects and fogs for a realistic feeling.

The story...is a little cliched, but if you do it the right way, you can improve it and produce a really nice game. :)

Looking forward to this. ^^

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
This isn't looking bad, but the maps need a little more work. The swamp and forests are ok, but the town and inside ones are empty and bland. Add more trees and details to the first and close the second up a little, adding details in as well. Also, try adding some effects and fogs for a realistic feeling.

The story...is a little cliched, but if you do it the right way, you can improve it and produce a really nice game. :)

Looking forward to this. ^^
Huh, I didn't think my story was that cliched. Oh well, more of it is revealed in the demo(maybe).
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Meh, just the basis is kind of cliche, with the kingdom/continent wars and stuff. That's more of a back story anyways. I'm sure the actual story will be different. Good luck.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Meh, just the basis is kind of cliche, with the kingdom/continent wars and stuff. That's more of a back story anyways. I'm sure the actual story will be different. Good luck.
Yeah, the cliched part is really the back story.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
I don't think its to cliche, I think i might of read a book like this a while ago. Of course the names and places were different but some basic idea. The book was great btw one of the only few i could ever finish, too bad i don't remember what its called... Anyway This is definitely a game I'm looking forward to trying out, just keep updating it for us and come out with a demo soon! Ha ha

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I changed some of the screenshots because I had improved them.

Also, the demo will be fairly short just telling the backstory, an small introduction into the main story, and it also gives a tutorial on the controls of the ABS.
Hi

<3
Rep:
Level 83
The fog on the forest map is making it look ugly, I think. The map itself is good, but the fog is overlaying it badly.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
The fog on the forest map is making it look ugly, I think. The map itself is good, but the fog is overlaying it badly.
Oh, I don't think that's the fog. I think I tinted the screen a little too much :/

EDIT: Crap, it's the fog. I don't know what happened :-/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:31:33 PM by Lazer Kirby »
Hi

<3
Rep:
Level 83
Oh well, maybe it's just me but I've always thought the RTP cloud fog looked bad for some reason. lol

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Oh well, maybe it's just me but I've always thought the RTP cloud fog looked bad for some reason. lol
RTP Cloud fog is just... clouds. That's all.
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You probably had the fog setting on Screen or Add. It's better to just import transparencies. If you have photoshop, just download some cloud brushes and blotch a few around the canvas then import that instead.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Well, It's on Normal, so I don't know why it's tinting the screen brighter.
And I am an RMXP n00b :P

And a photoshop n00b, too. I might try to make my own cloud fog sometime...
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Hey i like the Font.. what is it called??
... i also think the map whit the fog and the cloud shadows looks ugly   :( have you ever seen a foggy day whit clouds casting shadows on the ground?? i dont think so xD
and mmm i knew a way to hide the HUD so you could make a nice intro sequence.. just let me remember how and ill tell ya :S
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:50:21 PM by Oracle games »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I tried to hide the HUD and here's what happens -
1)I tried to hide it by manually calling a script that would make it dissapear. I does, then the game freezes.
2)I changed the script to not even display the HUD, but when I want it to reappear again, it never does.

So it stays there like that.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Mmm dont worry.. im sure theres a way, i could do it in my game via script, so you could see the entire intro whitout a HUD and make it reapear automatically whenever you want :) but something screwed up the project scripts and had to start over..
Also, you should reconsider changing the name of your game.. i have seen plenty of games whit the words "Hero`s Tales" on them  :o
could be called, "Blood valley" if its something about wars or something xD or "Soldier of Fortune" ... mmm ok im not so good making up names neither :P

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Oh no, it's already a bit too late to change the name of the game. It would be a lot of work xD.
Hi

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Okay, the short and early demo is up for RMN's Release Something! VII.

EDIT:Apparently, I've forgotten to include instructions on how to install the font!
For Windows XP:
Go to C:/(or whatever letter it is)XP/Font
Place the "Spirit Medium" Font in there. :)

For Windows Vista:
Right click on the Font
Click "Install"

Mac - Sorry, I don't this...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:11:13 PM by Lazer Kirby »
Hi

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
There's been a name change!

Hero's Tales - Edgar's Journey --> Eternity's Point