RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Notable RM games of the year (so far)?

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
I was browsing the overall RM community (RRR, GW, RMN, RPGCrisis, Kobra's Realm, RMRK) and I got to thinking, "What are the big games to be released so far this year?"

Since I spend most of my time either at RMN or GW (most everything else is blocked at work), I only have a narrow view of what's been big.  I wrote a newsletter discussing what I thought was big so far, most notably Exit Fate (the game was discussed on a HOCKEY forum!  Hockey!).

Anywho, my list was:

Exit Fate
Paradise Blue
Visions & Voices
Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
Ascendence
Hero's Realm

Dark Gaia also suggests Prophecy: Demon Kingdom and One Night 2: The Beyond.

I wanted to keep the list restricted to games that are full games or at least demos, because games are all about playing (and not just looking good) amirite?

What about you?  What games have been big in 2009 so far?

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm, well MrMoo's game Prelude of Identity seems to have made quite an impression both here and at rpgmakervx.net.

I'm afraid my own vision to this is quite limited, as I spend most of my time at RMRK, and a lot of finished projects come to us second hand so I am not sure when exactly they were finished. (btw, I'm really liking Hellion and I've just started Hero's Realm (if Hellion is finished enough to make it on the list, I would recommend you add it even if it does sound like you're blowing your own horn a bit).

In any cases, the ones you listed are certainly top ones, though I hadn't heard about Exit Fate until you just mentioned it so I definitely have to check into that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:12:08 PM by modern algebra »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
lol I'm not surprised that you put Hero's Realm on the list because it's your own games. XD
It was a great game, so it deserved to be on the list anyway.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
Prelude of Identity does look like a popular game.  I'll have to check it out.

@Kirby: Well, I wasn't going to put my game on the list, because it seems very vain and all but the guys on the RMN IRC channel convinced me it should be.  (Granted, they didn't have to try very hard because I am flattered).

@modern_algebra: thanks for trying out my games!  Much appreciated.  I hope you enjoy playing them.

Rep:
Level 83
Just got a question, why isn't hbgames.org (HBGames) on your list of RM Community? There are loads of incredible projects over there.

^A brand new RMXP game makers community! Click the link!^
Also, your chance to be a Moderator, click here!

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
It's blocked at work, so I never visit there.

EDIT:
In fact, there are probably a ton of sites I left off the list, or aren't even aware of.  Sometimes I wish that there was just one centralized english-speaking RM community site.

...and then I think of Township Games (R.I.P.).

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi

EDIT:
In fact, there are probably a ton of sites I left off the list, or aren't even aware of.  Sometimes I wish that there was just one centralized english-speaking RM community site.

Yeah, I agree that why can't there just be one giant RM community that's Engli- oh no, then foreign people won't be able to share THEIR RPGs... oh well...
But then again, RMN and RMRK and RRR are the three biggest RM communities (I think...)
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Designer's Sin from was a pretty good game.  :D

It was downloaded 35 times in two months since it's release. Not impressed? Its thread topic did not have any screen shots!!

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Designer's Sin from was a pretty good game.  :D

It was downloaded 35 times in two months since it's release. Not impressed? Its thread topic did not have any screen shots!!
My game received 100+ downloads in 2 months. Most of them came from RMN or my site, where the screenshots actually look BAD.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:13:41 PM by Lazer Kirby »
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Designer's Sin from was a pretty good game.  :D

[/quote
]My game received 100+ downloads in 2 months. Most of them came from RMN or my site, where the screenshots actually look BAD.

What a way to put a man standing on top of a podium down.  :D
My bragging lips are sealed now. :-X

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
lol I never realized that my post was messed up XD.
Aw, come on, get on with it. It's life. Life is hard. I was like you once. I was proud of my game then everyone started yelling at me about stealing resources from a game even though I found it on a website in which the game got it from.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
lol I never realized that my post was messed up XD.
Aw, come on, get on with it. It's life. Life is hard. I was like you once. I was proud of my game then everyone started yelling at me about stealing resources from a game even though I found it on a website in which the game got it from.

I was being sarcastic but thanks man! I threw together my game together in 2 hours so I did not really care if it did good or not.

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.

EDIT:

Yeah, I agree that why can't there just be one giant RM community that's Engli- oh no, then foreign people won't be able to share THEIR RPGs... oh well...
But then again, RMN and RMRK and RRR are the three biggest RM communities (I think...)
I meant that there ought to be only 1 RM community that was (primarily) english speaking, not that there should only be 1 RM community EVER and it should be english.  The French and German and Japanese RM communities are completely out of scope here.

I don't think I can even list all the english ones:

RMN
RMRK
RRR
RPGCrisis
Kobra's Realm
GW (gamingw.net)
IGP (indiegamingportal)
hbgames.org
rpgmakervx.net
RPG Maker Pavilion
HBGames (Home Brew)
Blade2k
Charas

All are in various states of activity and size.

Rep:
Level 83
hbgames.org is HBGames.org

^A brand new RMXP game makers community! Click the link!^
Also, your chance to be a Moderator, click here!

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
hbgames.org is HBGames.org
Good to know.  I made an account there now.

On a related note, a dude named VideoWizard is attempting to compile a list of all the 2009 RM releases (he did it in 2008, too).  I notice that he focuses mainly on RMN, GW and RRR.  If you want to help out, post in the topic with the game, a link to the topic and (approx) date of its release, and whether it was a demo or full game.

Here is the topic: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/3094/

For example of how you could help, Prelude of Identity isn't on the list.  I'm sure there are many others.

EDIT:
And if you want to see impressive download totals, check out Legacies of Dondoran.  (4910 downloads and counting at RMN alone)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:00:47 PM by kentona »

Rep:
Level 83
There's also rpg-palace.com?  I don't actually check it, so I don't know how active it is