RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] MOROMAGA's Face Generator

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
There is an excellent Face Genearator located here: http://lovelymoro.web.fc2.com/moromagalabo.html

As a preface, I don't speak Japanese; I am only writing what I have learned from testing. I believe that it is accurate, but I may make mistakes. I'm really unsure about the Terms & Conditions. They are available in the Manual if anyone who knows Japanese wants to give it a try.

Below is a simple tutorial I wrote that should get you started. First though:

Terms & Conditions

1. You are free to use graphics created by this site in your game without express permission, but you must credit "MOROMAGA" (or "Oh Lord MOROKI", or "Margaret")
2. It is OK to use these faces for purposes other than RPG Maker. You can use them on websites, forums, etc...
3. If you wish to distribute the graphics created with this Face Generator, you must clearly specify that they were generated by this site, credit "MOROMAGA", and link to the site.

Tutorial

First, the basic page:

The sections highlighted in orange will show on the right side of the screen (J), and the sections highlighted in Blue will show up on the left side of the screen (H). Note that when selecting a new blue section, you must also select the page (G1, G2) if they are available. Until then, it won't show up.

Since the Eyes and Expression categories are a little different, I decided to explain them here:

Basically, for the eyes, the numbers (1 - 14) are the styles, but you are able to choose each eye to look differently. Basically, each style has two blocks to it, the first being for the left eye and the second for the right eye.

As for the expressions, as you can see there are a number of different categories. They are listed in the image.

And last, the Other category is a little random so I put it up too.

Basically, A is the background colour. B allows you to place a grey film over the image, so it looks greyed out basically. If you accidentally press it, you can press D to remove it.

Last but not least, C puts a red frame of maybe 1 or 2 pixels width around the image.

Once you have finished creating your faceset, all you need to do is Print Screen, then bring it to a paint program and crop the faceset. Then you can add it to a faceset image once it is 96x96.

Remember, that a faceset is a file with 8 faces, and its measurements are 384 x 192

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:11:12 PM by modern algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Holy shit this is a really good face maker.  :o

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it's fantastic eh? A guy just posted a link to it in the Requests section :)

Any chance you know Japanese and can translate the Terms & Conditions more reliably? :P

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

really neat generator
Though it's difficult to use as the background colors are all so similar to the ones in the image, and trying to cut out even the most separate color gets you something like this (granted, I didn't go through and edit it pixel by pixel)

I think I'll stick to drawing my own though

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I love this thing. :o It's really awesome and clean, much better than Facemaker.

Rep:
Level 83
Yeah, it's fantastic eh? A guy just posted a link to it in the Requests section :)

Any chance you know Japanese and can translate the Terms & Conditions more reliably? :P

Yes , it was me :)

just a print screen ? i was searching how to export the face .
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry, maybe there is a way, but I'm just going by what is mentioned in the Manual:

Spoiler for Rough Translation of Manual:

For Windows:

1. Take a screenshot of the finished image with the PrintScreen key.
2. Open Paint software and paste it.
3. Crop to 96 x 96.

Windows comes with Paint, but if you're looking for free software, GIMP is good.

Rep:
Level 89
algebra already gave that link, but in different topic, so here we go...

You can see, what is what and open new tabwith original japanese version to create faces (english one doesn't work well, though :()
http://translate.google.pl/translate?prev=hp&hl=pl&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Flovelymoro.web.fc2.com%2Fmoromagalabo.html&sl=ja&tl=pl&history_state0=
Regards,
Mike

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm curious...Is there no discrepancy between male and female on this?

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I'm curious...Is there no discrepancy between male and female on this?

I wondered the same. I guess it's just up to the hair styles. Unless it's female only. o:

Rep:
Level 84
im coolz
hey,that face maker is only girl

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I've found ways to get near boy. There aren't any man feature like facial hair and things, but you can at least get a stereotypical young man/boy hero character.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
If you have the google toolbar, you can translate the page into english with one of the functions. That's what I did... (btw, everything Grafikal said was very accurate, haha)

The translator works only for single words, because it doesn't check for usage errors... Most sentences are not translated correctly, but it worked fine for the facemaker.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I remember seeing a male version of this page.. I remember seing the link in an old forum.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:19:51 AM by Malvodius »

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
This thing is really good and thx for the Tutorial. But an English version would be just NICER  :V

(The Link to the Male Version would be nice too)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:46:39 AM by lpz_Nq »
English isn't my first language, but I hope you understand what I mean.